• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    So if you have 4 Canada geese in your freezer, you better eat one before you go kill another one.

Actually rite now you can posses 10 geese..the early season has just ended a while back and the limit was 5 per day...so technically you can have 10 geese in your freezer rite now until the main season comes in and you kill more {which the limit then will be 2 per day for a possession limit of 4}

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Actually rite now you can posses 10 geese..the early season has just ended a while back and the limit was 5 per day...so technically you can have 10 geese in your freezer rite now until the main season comes in and you kill more {which the limit then will be 2 per day for a possession limit of 4}

So, even if you don't hunt during the main season, are you breaking the law by not eating 6 geese before the season starts?

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    So, even if you don't hunt during the main season, are you breaking the law by not eating 6 geese before the season starts?

I really dont know. I would think so but since they are two different seasons I reckon its a grey area.:dunno: and if the nuisance season possesion limits dont count for the "main" season's limits..who is to say the 10 birds in your freezer where not killed during the nuisance season if you where caught with them in mid Nov.:dunno:

GLOCK1982

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    PARKE CO.
    This is my arguement. Why can't you have bird from the previous year??? Or from a different sean for that matter? Clarification would be nice.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    This is my arguement. Why can't you have bird from the previous year??? Or from a different sean for that matter? Clarification would be nice.

Because it is part of your bag limit. You've read the regs. You've had the regs explained to you. You've been ticketed and had the error of your ways pointed out to you by law enforcement.

Do you really still not comprehend the law? May be this sport is not for you. Take up golf. There's no financial penalty for cheating.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    The possession limit law does not make exceptions for time period of possession or limit the law to one season's limit.

312 IAC 9-1-12 “Possession” defined
    Authority: IC 14-11-2-1; IC 14-22-2-6
    Affected: IC 14-22
    Sec. 12. “Possession” means to have direct physical control or to knowingly have the power and the intention to exercise
    dominion or control. (Natural Resources Commission; 312 IAC 9-1-12; filed May 12, 1997, 10:00 a.m.: 20 IR 2699; readopted filed
    Jul 28, 2003, 12:00 p.m.: 27 IR 286

You may remove an animal from your possession limit by gifting the animal to another person. The animal must be tagged with the date of harvest, name and address of the hunter and the species. The animal can not be gifted to another person and be in your possession.

If you can not eat in a year what you have taken, you need to consider why you are shooting that many animals. The animals are harvested for consumption, not for the purpose of shooting as many as possible.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, that doesn't make any sense that you put 10 geese in your freezer and it is legal. Then a month or so later, the same geese suddenly become illegal. I think they would have a heck of time prosecuting you on that, but who wants to spend the money fighting it.

Top Bottom