• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    If it is your only pistol I'd say sell to a good friend. Friends make good pawn brokers sometimes and it's better than borrowing money.

If you have more than one pistol or gun, I'd say sell the least unique/customized first. Anything that can be easily replaced.

That is what is nice about glocks (vs 1911s IMHO). is that they are all identical.

:twocents:

caseyc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Quick question guys, do you think thats a fair price im asking for my gun and extra stuff im selling, i think its more than fair considering i paid 580 alone for the gun, its in the firearms for sale section under 3rd gen OD G19

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I would call that a fair price especially with all the ammo included. It would be a great package for somebody needing their first gun. It has everything you need to get up and go. Good luck with the sale and I hope your situation turns around soon.

ETA- Does it have night sights?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Been there..done that!!! You are not alone in your situation. Will be praying for you and the family.

Keep one gun (your favorite) b/c PP is still a priority! My Avatar (Ruger SP101 in .357mag) has survived 15 years of ups and downs...all other guns have been sold out of the stable and brought back in as $$ and time allows!!! If the G-19 is that favorite toy, then that's the keeper!!! Ask yourself, "If it were 10 years from now, what do I wish I would have done?" (Most people know the answer...the next question is 'do I have what it takes to get that done?'...and then carry that out.)

Suggestion: (I've done this before)...write down what you believe your skills, talents, and abilities are...then have your wife do the same (for you)...and see what shows up.

Lastly, I've known individuals who've loved reloading ammo...turn around and turn their skill into an on-line business to survive down times!

Hang in there and keep us posted!!!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I am sorry to hear about the job situation. I have been there myself. Hopefully unemployment is helping out. If you have a CDL you might want to try your local agricultural retailer such as a COOP. They usually hire seasonal labor for the spring season. Hourly rate is not that great, but usually more overtime then you will want. Our seasonal laborers make some pretty darn good money between April and June.

Shhhhhhhh........don't out my gig!
    They will find out all that time in the field, waiting on an applicator is hard work.
    Hope that picture of me in my lounge chair isn't on the net. :whistle:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Now is the time of the year people will need yards cleaned up and last years leaves raked up. If you are reasonable in pricing, lots of work available. Cutting grass over the summer can bring in a good income if you price reasonable. Lots of jobs are requiring people do forced overtime rather then hire someone new. Those people are tired and would pay a reasonable amount to have someone take care of the yard for them.

I know a couple people that make nice money cleaning houses, apartments and office building on the side. Like others have said, spring planting is just round the corner. I know a couple farmers have told me they have trouble getting good help.

caseyc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I have a buddy that owns a landscape company but i cant but grass as im alergic to cut grass and it gives me very bad asthma and allergies. ya i suffer when its warm out

mtyt61783

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    INDIANAPOLIS, IN SOUTHSIDE
    HEY BROTHER HANG IN THERE. IVE SOLD 3 THIS YEAR IVE BEEN LAID OFF SINCE FEB 09'. I HUNG ON 2 A SHOTGUN, CARRY GUN, ANKLE GUN, & A 30-O6. YOU HAVE TO HANG ON 2 ONE. IF YOU END UP LOSING IT ALL OR HOMELESS YOU WILL B SAFER WITH A GLOCK ON UR SIDE OR ANY GUN!!!

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I posted a thread almost identical to yours a while back. We went through some rough times and I had to sell all my guns. I have just now got a few back and through it all I learned that what really matters is you are still kicking and you will always get back up. I dont think my God designed us to crawl around all our lives. Keep your head up and work through it. Let us know when things turn around I am praying for it.

rwbrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    my heart goes out to you casey there's 18 guys laid off where i work they've been off since mid october things are picking up and looks like they'll be back in abought a month.way to go ingoers we all need to pull together to help each other out.

fwacfred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    MYRTLE BEACH
    Been there and done that. Had to sell some guns late last year after getting laid off. Just now got a new Glock 36 to replace the ones I had to sell. Good luck to ya brother.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I think a lot of us have been here. I was in this realm last year, had to sell off over $2000 worth of guns and ammo to keep us going. Now I basically just have the bare essentials but I'm fine with it. Hang in there man!

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    Man, hate to see someone in the situation where they have to start selling their stuff to get food. There are jobs out there, spend more time trying to find a job, than trying to sell your stuff and you'll be alright. I know someone posted before, but the Army and the Army Reserves are hiring. If you don't like the idea of completely relocating, the Army Reserves would allow you to stay in your area with the exception of training and any deployments. At the very least it would help with money and give you a skill which may be valuable to employers in your area... Best of luck though. I know just about everyone I know outside the military is really having a tough time.

Top Bottom