• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not everyone loves their family members. Family are people too, and they hate, kill, take advantage of, mistreat, and a long list of other offenses that they do to each other. Never tell someone that they should love so and so because they are family. You dont know what they have been thru. Yes, I speak from experience.

This.

Some that are family aren't "family". Some that aren't "family" are family

knowhatimean?

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Remind hum that you may likely have a say about which nursing home he gets stuck in... LOL... Maybe that will make him a little easier to deal with ;-)

I was really the only grandson with a relationship with my moms dad and we were as close as father and son. I got all of his firearms because he ga e them to me when I was young and he didnt have an interest anymore. I also got a bunch from a great uncle as he was suffering from dementia and early Alzheimers and I was the only person he trusted to take them.
    My dad's dad and I were not close until I was in my late teens early 20s and he was retired. I got what he had as well because all of the other grandsons were worthless...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My father told me a story of his grandfather. When my dad's uncle was an infant, his father (dad's grandfather) threw him out the front door into the snow because he was crying. Yours isn't that bad considering.

brute69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Allot of relatives feel that blood gives them the right to screw you, if you didn't have a relationship before i wouldn't worry about starting one now.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I can't understand this as I have 5 grandsons and what ever I have they can have period. So far I have given away quite a few guns to my sons they can make the choice of who gets what. With the exception of my Dads first hunting rifle. I gave that to my first born grandson.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    That's a bum deal... hopefully it was only in error, as a result of senility etc, or just didn't occur to him... either way... I never knew either of my grand-fathers, barely knew my one grandmother, and my other grandmother died when I was 10. Lets just say, suck it up and cherish the time you have with him even if he had done this on purpose just to peeve you off...

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    My grandpa sucks also. I recently went over to his house and looked into his gun locker like I always do to drool over his old guns and much to my dismay it was completly empty. He sold every last one of them. I couldnt beleive it. He didnt even ask me and I am sure he knows I am into guns an am member of a gun club. That is all I ever talk about. He had a couple I would have really enjoyed. A blond wood Weatherby .22 bolt gun and some nice old Browning shot guns. Would have been nice to have both of my grandfathers from both sides of the family together to pass on to my children. I learned long ago to never do business with family.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I agree with what Chuck said, and would like to add

Grandpa gave you money for your gun, so he didn't owe you anything.
    He gave away a rifle, that you didn't own, so you didn't lose anything.
    Guns are all over the place, waiting for you.
    Grandfathers on the other hand are in limited quantities.
    I never knew one, so don't miss what I never met.
    I knew the other till he passed away while I was on a submarine, around 21 years.
    For the last 20+ years, I've wished I talked to him more. Asked questions. Now I can't.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I think you should have been honest with him in the first place. It sounded like a business transaction instead of a talk about his 30-30 being special to you. Maybe the cousin told him how much he liked the rifle and your Grandpa gave it to him.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    If you spoke up and told him that that specific rifle was the one you wanted, and THEN he gave it away, it was a dick move.. If you didn't open up your mouth, you have only yourself to blame...

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I know the feeling....my Uncle the drunk has my grandfathers Remy 1100 Goose Gun that he had when I was a little boy...I asked my grandmother for it when Grandpa died and she said my Uncle sold it..found out differently and asked to buy it from him which he turned down...He'll sell it for a case of beer one day....lousy drunk...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Tell Gramps you were really disappointed that he gave the rifle you really wanted to your cousin and ask him if he would give the nice .22 revolver he's recently acquired to you to mend your relationship.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    My Grandpa died when I was 4. Last year we went to visit my Uncle in Florida and he brings out this sweet 16 gauge Ithaca Model 37 from his closet. It was made in the '40s and belonged to my Grandpa, his father. I hope he leaves it to me when he goes to the great hunting grounds in the sky. I've seen pictures of my Gramps with his hunting buddies and strings of deer between 2 trees like fish on a stringer. Too bad I was too young to miss all that.

Finnish Genius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    UpperMichigan God's country
    we may not know the whole story, the rifle could have been promised to the other boy. Had something happened like that to me a long long time ago. My Uncle gave his 30-30 to my cousin while I was standing there, He didn't ask me, if I would like it. Hell I was nuts about guns years ago now have guns and:) still nuts at times. Ken U

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    my grandfather and i have never really been that close, that is til he found out my love for guns. he told me that he was looking for a .22 revolver, which was funny because i just purchased one. i told him i was looking for a larger caliber rifle(which he has many of). so we were discussing a possible trade, then he asks if i knew how much it was worth, being the nice grandson i sold it too him instead of trading. he didnt want to sell or trade any of his rifles. 3 days ago i found out he gave my cousin the rifle i wanted....

Wow, that would suck. I your cousin into hunting/guns? if so, he may have been saving it for him. Maybe he has something else for you in mind? My Dad told me he was going to give his NIB/unfired Colt 1911 WW1 repro to my bro-in-law someday cuz he was a cop. This X-mas he brought it up and gave it too me!!!

Top Bottom