• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strong89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    my grandfather and i have never really been that close, that is til he found out my love for guns. he told me that he was looking for a .22 revolver, which was funny because i just purchased one. i told him i was looking for a larger caliber rifle(which he has many of). so we were discussing a possible trade, then he asks if i knew how much it was worth, being the nice grandson i sold it too him instead of trading. he didnt want to sell or trade any of his rifles. 3 days ago i found out he gave my cousin the rifle i wanted....

Reid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    More principle than anything it sounds like... Just go out a buy ya a sweet new 30-30, it'll make you feel better. :)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    That really sucks, he's probably been that way his entire life.
    So you sold him your pistol, which you had recently purchased, then he GIVES the rifle you wanted to your cousin.

I would never deal with him again!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hmm, If your Grandfather would have stolen your pistol, then used said rifle to but you over the head, all while telling you that you will never be as good as your cousin is and that you are worthless.... Then I would think we have the same grandfather.

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    my grandfather and i have never really been that close,

Apparently, your cousin was closer.

On a lighter note, old folks can be funny, take it is stride. There are other guns out there but you only have two grandfathers, unless you're from Kentucky.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I have to admit I got a bit nervous at first seeing this headline considering all the old pervs that keep getting busted in the news lately.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I didn't have but one grandpa and he died many years ago when I was overseas. My father-in-law however gave me several of his guns prior to his death eight years ago. He treated me more like a son than my own dad. Miss that man.:(

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Not everyone loves their family members. Family are people too, and they hate, kill, take advantage of, mistreat, and a long list of other offenses that they do to each other. Never tell someone that they should love so and so because they are family. You dont know what they have been thru. Yes, I speak from experience.

MAJB Retired

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    I think that you obviously didn't have the long term (close) connection to your grandfather that your cosin had. Your grandfather probably never made the connection that you wanted that particular rifle. I'd give the guy a break. You might want to express your specific desire to him.

Top Bottom