• ...and so much more!
  • tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    Willow Slough:
    - not waiting to make sure everyone is behind the line before heading down for their targets
    - trash everywhere instead of in the garbage cans
    - brass hounds giving each other the stink eye and crowding me before I've packed up my stuff
    - getting muzzled while trying to answer a question about a malfunction

Buffalo Park/Range:
    - being 20 feet away from the dude dumping the mag on a RPK clone and catching casings inside my sweatshirt
    762_zps450303bd.jpg

- RO's yelling but not explaining why
    - feeling sad that I'm not the guy with a M21 & M82

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    Me and a friend were at Terre Haute Sporting Clays two years ago checking a target at 100yds and a guy opens up on the 30yd line with his AK. They don't have berms between the ranges so I wasn't sure if proper protocol was to just walk back or open fire back. It is a truly terrible range.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I don't know if this qualifies since it wasn't at a " range".
    When I was young on one of my dads days off he had been drinking pretty heavy, not uncommon back then. A buddy of his just bought a new rifle in 300 win mag and stopped by wanting to take it out and try it.
    I suspect he had been drinking to based on what followed but maybe not, I don't know. Anyway they loaded up in the car to find some desert outside Las Vegas to try the rifle out.
    Not only was my dad good and buzzed he was on crutches with a cast on one foot. There were no cell phones back then and I don't remember us getting a call or knowing anything until he showed back up at the house alone in the other guys car and proceeded to take a garden hose and started flushing a pool of blood out of the back floor board

What had happened is they went out and found a spot and started shooting then decided they wanted to try another location, so they put the rifles in the back seat of they car and drove to another spot..
    Once they found a place they liked they got out of the car my dads buddy opened the back door and proceeded to grab his 300 win mag by the barrel and pull it toward him. Apparently there was a round in the chamber.
    The gun went off and hit him just below the knee cap of one of his legs leaving the lower portion barely attached. At this point my dad stated he never sobered up so fast in his life. Dropping his crutches he ran to the other side of the, made a turnikit with his belt put the guy in the back seat of the car and raced to the hospital. They were in the desert outside of town and the guy just about bled out but they made it and he lived but lost 3 inches of his leg.

Even though I wasn't there that is my worst range story.

Top Bottom