• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwrin

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    Though I'm not trying to argue with the above, I'll just point out that a place full of sheeple with cell phones means that there could have been multiple 911 MWG calls even before the manager was notified.

I would have to agree what whoever made the call(s) on a guy calmly and quietly eating a meal with his mother while causing no harm to anyone in any way definitely qualifies as a d-bag.

:twocents:

agreed

only the cop told me that the manager called and said i scared him
    im attributing this to the fact that im a pretty big guy and OC'ing, im 6'6 275, so i could imagine i come of as intimidating even if im trying to be some what polite about it

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    Yeah, sounds like he was totally on your side.

+1 for the great OC education :rolleyes:

I carry everyday and have been since I was legally of age to do so. I carry on my hip with a shirt to cover. Im not going to hide my gun in my shorts or on my ankle but I still don't understand why someone have to OC on purpose. If you are carrying your gun to protect you, your family, and anyone else that may need help why would it matter if you are OC or CC. OC is a public display "HEY everyone I can carry a gun". I am sorry and I don't want to turn this into a CC or OC debate but the Officer was on his side. The advice was sound if you want businesses to stay "Gun Friendly" be considerate. If you want the business to be "OC" carry then you are carrying for the wrong reason. I mean really do you walk around with a condom hanging around your neck? NO!!

:twocents:

BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I have been to the BDubs's here on the South Side of Indy while OC'ing and didn't have any problems at all. I don't think that the manager handled this situation properly at all, what makes people scared is a lack of education, would those patrons have been more comfortable if this guy had been CC'ing?, no it would have been a null point, but why should any of us have to CC at all times just to make someone else feel comfortable? We, as a society have already become WAY too politically correct, giving in or keeping our mouths closed just to make someone else or some other group feel a certain way, what about how WE feel, what about OUR rights? I've personally had countless conversations with people regarding my carrying of a firearm, all (aside from one with IMPD) were wonderful experiences, giving me the opportunity to educate people and answer questions that they had about gun rights here in Indy. I don't always OC, honestly it all depends on what side of town I'm on, or what establishment I'm in.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    ...why should any of us have to CC at all times just to make someone else feel comfortable?

For the same reason we wear clothes. People wouldn't feel comfortable if your c@#% was hanging out. I agree it is somewhat common sense in the city to cover your weapon, but I still plan on OC'ing sometimes, when I'm using a gun that I don't have a CC holster for.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    I've had a L T C H since I was 21. ( 51 now ) Used to O C now and then. But now a days, everybodys got a cell phone, and there's always someone who has to call in a M W A G report. Some poor Officer then has to come out from the other end of the County to check your L T C H. If you like to O C, by all means, go ahead. But I mostly C C now, just so folks that don't know me won't get scared..... :D

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The police should not have even come unless the OP was refusing to leave after having been informed of the policy.

Frankly, these warnings are a civil matter. Unless the customer is being disorderly or refuses to leave, I don't know why the police are even dispatched on these calls. BDubs made the rule, let them enforce it. If they need help doing so, then let them hire private security at their expense and not suck at the government teat.

25mux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    Frankly, these warnings are a civil matter. Unless the customer is being disorderly or refuses to leave, I don't know why the police are even dispatched on these calls. BDubs made the rule, let them enforce it. If they need help doing so, then let them hire private security at their expense and not suck at the government teat.[/QUOTE]

Now there is an idea!!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Wings etc. up here USED to have a sign on the door. It has since been removed :rockon:

I've OCed in there without issue several times. :)

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    Really, you think that shooter in Aurora was concealing his assalt rifle and shotgun when he walked into that theatre?
    From what i heard he had a trench coat on. You really think they would let him in if they knew he had an AR and a shotgun?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    CORPORATE POLICY AT BW'S:

images.jpg

The police of BWs has been discussed so many times I'm surprised that this is even an issue. Here is your new rule. Don't spend your money in establishments that are hostile to your gun rights. The economy is tough right now, having BW's lose customers is not going to help them. Let them starve while you dine at other, friendly establishments.

Bet that sign stops homicidal maniacs dead in their tracks.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The cop gave good advice. It seems pretty clear from post after post on various gun forums, that OC causes some folks issues at private businesses. The officer is correct in his comments, and his advice wasn't a directive, but by God lets attack the officer for daring to give some advice. The OP is upset how he was treated for OCing. The cop gave advice to prevent such treatment. Seriously, do folks here believe if the OP was CCing this incident would have ever taken place?

People want "officer friendly," they claim they don't want robot police. Then when police give some advice, which in this case seems to be a complete 180 from a tounge lashing, everyone demands cops act like robots. So we want robotic personality officers when it comes to OCing/guns, but we want them to be human and interact with people like any other citizen when it comes to everything else.

The cops gave some decent advice: CC and you don't have to deal with incidents like this. OC and you will likely have to deal with incidents like this, even if they are rare. Why do folks get all hot and bothered with advice which is pretty much true?
    Did the Officer address the Manager and educate him as well about the Legalities of Carrying a Firearm in Indiana, or did he just choose to step up onto the soapbox to preach to the Guy who was OC'ing...

I think we both know the answer....

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Glad to hear the LEO took your side on the matter. BUT YA KNOW.....funny story...something similar happened to me.

Muncie IN B-Dubs, funny thing was after I posted this online the sign was taken down.

45278_10151747693515596_680205963_n.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Did the Officer address the Manager and educate him as well about the Legalities of Carrying a Firearm in Indiana, or did he just choose to step up onto the soapbox to preach to the Guy who was OC'ing...

I think we both know the answer....
    IMO this is what needs to happen more often. It might go a bit farther to ease members of the general public on MWAG calls if the responding officer would put a bit of effort into educating some of them as well that the "MWAG" has committed no crime and is lawfully licensed by the State of Indiana to do so.

bwrin

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    IMO this is what needs to happen more often. It might go a bit farther to ease members of the general public on MWAG calls if the responding officer would put a bit of effort into educating some of them as well that the "MWAG" has committed no crime and is lawfully licensed by the State of Indiana to do so.

Well there were 2 city cops and 2 sheriff deputies..so they definitely could have done something

Top Bottom