• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You handled it the best you could. At Wal-Mart, however, the probability of him being fired is nearly zero. The protocol within Wal-Mart is to avoid anything that could bring about a union vote first and do what is good for the customer second. Getting fired from a Wal-Mart is nearly impossible. Ironically, it's somewhat like getting fired from a government job. One is to avoid a union and the other is because of one.

This is really funny. I don't remember any walmart in the state under union control. I spent 3 years with the company in the late 90's. Not a great place, but not a horrible place either. I was making $6.50/hr when the minimum wage was $4.75, going up to $5.15 IIRC in rural Indiana where NO ONE paid more than minimum wage to 18 year olds.

But then again, I don't wear tailored suits, I don't drive "brand name" cars and don't care where I get the best deal.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, WalMart closes stores if they start to talk about a union! Just see that link!

As Union Nears Win, Wal-Mart Closes Store

Yes, but there are no walmart unions. You said it's hard to fire because of union involvement, etc...

I fully understand that Walmarts are rightfully against unions, and will close stores. I'm all for that.

At Wal-Mart, however, the probability of him being fired is nearly zero. The protocol within Wal-Mart is to avoid anything that could bring about a union vote first

You implied that Walmart protocol was union-like.

I remember the intro to Walmart videos we all had to watch prior to being hired. There are almost hilarious how anti-union they were :P Funny enough, I worked at Kroger right before Walmart... and Kroger was stupidly pro-union... no one benefit at all, and we all paid our ridiculous dues. Couldn't opt out, either.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I buy ammo at WM, can't afford to drive 45 minutes to the Gun Shop. WM is closer and I have not had an issue other than the occasional wait. Not very long because I will just walk over to auto service once I decide what they have in the cabinet that I want/need. No big deal. I don't expect them to fully understand what they are selling, but must be able to read when I put and tell them what it is and how many boxes.

Your money, spend it how you like. If you enjoy your WM experience then go for it. I would like to see them find more USA product, but the CONSUMER has demanded cheaper prices. WM obliged and people fault them for filling the void. Godd business sense but that is an all together different topic.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Nice handling of a less than professional situation. I'm always a bit edgy when it comes to ignorant young people, and both are there to be each other's witness. I would not have taken it just to customer service, I would demanded to see the manager or at least the one on duty, and have him document it in writing. That type of behavior is not to be tolerated, and could have been turned around on you.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I don't mess with Walmart anymore, yea their ammo prices are a couple of bucks cheaper but I don't have the time to wait around on somebody to show up. And I like staying up on my local shops inventory anyways. ;)

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Do you ever read the threads in this (or any) forum and wonder where in the hell some of these people were during reading comprehension skill instruction when they were in elementary school? Really folks.....slow down, read a post 3-4 times if you have to, but....understand what it says before you reply and remove any doubt as to whether you belong in the discussion.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sounds like a rude and ignorant kid at the sporting goods counter. I had a similar experience last time I purchased ammo at the Seymour Wal-Mart. Another employee saw me waiting and found the young lady with the keys. I asked for the ammo and all I got was eye rolls and a few heavy sighs. Must have been too much to ask of somebody to do their job. Up until that time I always received fast and courteous service at Wal-Mart. Our local store is well stocked with ammo. I don't think the OPs bad experience is because it was at Wal-Mart. I just think the kids today don't have any real work ethic.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    My best ammo buying experience is at Rural King. No stupid locked counters. Just put what you want in the cart and keep on shopping. Everywhere else, I feel the need (whether real or imagined) to purchase the ammo immediately and leave the store.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKv6RcXa2UI[/ame]

JamesZX1100

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    NE INDY
    Walmart is like my second home! Lol. I do understand about you having to wait so long for someone to come back to the ammo case. Usually they only have one person working in sporting goods, but they also have that person doing a bunch of other things also.... That's what takes them so long. Most of the time, you just have to walk around a bit to find a worker. Sometimes, when I know I am going in there to just buy ammo, I will go up to the CS desk and ask them to call someone to sporting goods for ammo, and usually they are there by the time I get back there!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have been stocking up on WWB at Wal-Mart. I stopped at the store on US 27 south of Fort Wayne recently. I tracked down an attendant and asked him to call someone with the keys for the ammo cabinet. fifteen minutes later I asked him to call again. Fifteen minutes later a lady arrived and asked if I needed help. I explained I needed ammo. She replied, "OK, I'll go get the keys." ten minutes later she came back saying the guy with the keys was on break and they could not find him. Another fifteen minutes the lady came back and told me they were still looking for the keys. When she came back, she finally had the keys. She apologized profusely. I commented how about discounting the 147gr JHP to the price for 115gr FMJ. She did.

This was my worst experience, but I have always had delays and long waits at Wal-Mart. I can live with the waits. The prices are the best in town.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Over the weekend, I stopped in to my local Wal-Mart to pick up some white box 9mm Winchester ammo to take to the range. I went back to the guns & ammunition counter and there was no one there (surprise, surprise) I walked down a couple isles and found an employee and asked him to call someone with a key to the ammo counter. After about 20 minutes, a couple of young college aged employees came out of an isle and said, "someone call for us?" I said, "yeah, I need some 9mm ammo out of the case". I think my tone may have portrayed that I was a bit agitated, because one of the two employees began cracking jokes that I didn't feel were funny AT ALL. He said, "Oh man, I think this one's a little pissed off. You might want to make sure that ammo is sealed up tight. Wouldn't want anyone going postal on us." I turned around and I said (obviously angry at this point), "what did you just say?". He then laughingly said, "I'm just sayin man, you seemed mad, I didn't want you to open that box up and go off on us." I then said, "I don't think this is funny at all." Then he said, to his co-worker, "Dang man, really seal it up now, I'm really scared he's gonna shoot us." I said, "you should be scared. But not because I'm buying ammo, because I think you probably just lost your job." After this, the other kid dismissed the idiot who was heckling me. He was shell-shocked and embarrassed to be hearing this idiot co-worker of his harass me to that magnitude. He then rang me up and told me that the other kid was way out of line. I told him it wasn't his fault, but I was going to report him. And that's exactly what I did. I went to customer service and reported him. They looked shocked as you would expect, but I am not sure whether or not he was fired. I would hope to god he was though.

I was just wondering if anything like this has happened to you or what you would do if you were me?

What location did this happen at? If you have the associates name or the receipt with the exact time and date of transaction (for video identification if associate) I can help you get this resolved. If you have read some of my posts before I work for the company in a leadership role...I would be happy to help guide you to where and how to make sure it is addressed properly....feel free to pm me if you would like my assistance. Sorry about your bad experience there.

Last edited:

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    What I usually do when I go into walmart to get some ammo, is that as soon as I start getting anywhere near the sporting goods area I start looking for a walmart employee and ask them to call someone to open the glass case for the ammo. Usually works pretty good.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    When ever I walk into the sporting goods department at the 96th street Wal-Mart in Fishers one of the employees there usually walks over to the case and asks what I need today. I've had the luxury of getting to know most of them and usually have a conversation about what's been going on with them. There have been times when I go in late at night or on Sunday morning when you have to look for someone but that is not the norm. Spend a few minutes and get to know the people that serve you and you'll be surprised how good service can be.
    I am lucky in this way also.... I chat with, and try to get to know the employees, that I do business with ..... they always say hi, and what do you need today, we almost always make small talk, or chat for a minute or two, and then go our seperate ways .....

Hookfish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My brother and I were at the Greensburg Wal-Mart a few weeks back getting some ammo. I walked to the electronics department to ask them to page someone with a key to the case. It took 20 minutes for someone to get there. The worst part was that the employee with the key started from the other side (grocery side) and seriously took his merry sweet time to get to the sporting goods. We sat there and watched him just stroll down through the aisle looking at things on his way. I could of probably crawled faster than he was moving. Well he finally decided to join us in the sporting goods and get the ammo. My brother checked out and we were walking away when I overheard him talking to the other couple waiting in line. They were wanting to get a fishing license. He told them that he "couldn't handle that" and was going "to have to get someone to help them." He then went on his way. Pretty sad

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Silverado, it's regrettable that you cannot engage in a discussion with civility, and you have to resort to ad hominem attacks. You, sir, are not a gentleman, and I have no use for you. When someone has tried to show you the light, staying in the dark is a choice that reflects who you are.

Da Bing

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm pretty sure you handled it in the best possible manner. +1 for not blowing up on the kid, and another +1 for not letting some **** be an ass and get away with it.
    :+1: Handled well on your part. Hopefully they take the appropriate actions and deal with this employee! Those jokes are not funny at all and that employee has no business getting paid to treat people like that.

Top Bottom