• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Dad and brother went down to set up some more stuff for upcoming hunting season. One of my brothers trail cams was stolen. One of my dads trail cas also stolen, and like 90% of the ginseng.. can't stand a trespasser and I hate thieving ones even more.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Really common, I relocated my cameras very high and still lost one to ginseng thieves on horses coming out of the HNF.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    That sucks. We are planning on moving the others one we don't have boxes for. Also plan on doing a few night hunts coming up spread across the property. The person who is doing it burnt a house down a while ago and just caught a field on fire with his meth lab
    We have pictures but the proper authorities haven't found him yet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That sucks. We are planning on moving the others one we don't have boxes for. Also plan on doing a few night hunts coming up spread across the property. The person who is doing it burnt a house down a while ago and just caught a field on fire with his meth lab

He/they need to be found as this is a victimless crime you know.....:dunno:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    People suck. Nock on wood I've only had a known trespasser once who left with no issues. One neighbor could be better but I can't complain. Sorry you have to deal with it.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    I hate thieves too, but I'm a firm believer of what goes around comes around. They will get what is coming to them.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

Is this down around Newberry?

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Perhaps... same guy going around stealing metal down there too..

Debating on going on a coyote hunt a few times at night. But deer season is starting..

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    I love trespassers. I collect tree stands and blinds and they never come back. Neighbor had a couple trail cams stolen and a feeder stolen in off season. I use trail cam to watch trail cams sometimes. Interesting what you see!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    A little expensive, but most trailcams offer a bear box security option similar to this one:

81RXRjpu4pL._SL1500_.jpg

Lag bolt the box to the tree or post with a cordless drill, lock the cam in the box. Pretty slick.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Except they just get shot instead. A few cams do have those boxes but those are basically in permanent places. The others we move around for scouting. Should buy them but like I said they tend to get shot up instead.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    If you can put another cam on the other side buried it the bushes and aiming at the cam on the tree, would it take the photo of the thief?

infinititech

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    those that steal from others hard work will get what they deserve luckily haven't had much of that around my place but if I do the cameras on cameras idea I will use thanks for the tip

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Not sure if this would work on private land but perhaps modify the concept a bit. We reduced the theft of our trail cams on state land by affixing an official looking sticker that says, "DNR PROPERTY - GPS INSTALLED" . Nobody has stolen the cams with that sticker on it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not sure if this would work on private land but perhaps modify the concept a bit. We reduced the theft of our trail cams on state land by affixing an official looking sticker that says, "DNR PROPERTY - GPS INSTALLED" . Nobody has stolen the cams with that sticker on it.

Ooh, that sounds like it works well. Can you post a pic of the sticker? Links for purchase?

Top Bottom