• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I tried 3 under, even Wilson 3 under tabs way back. My buds shoot 3 under (gloves) but I'm staying split (tab). Anchored corner of mouth, middle finger, for yrs, but went to bottom finger so arrow is where 3 under middle finger at old anchor would be ;)

I was good to 30 in a couple of weeks last yr with the change. Took a while to get it to feel right though, after yrs of the old anchor.

Laying off since Feb.........it feels rather strange in restart.

I don't shoot past 25 on deer with recurve anyway. I could but think my time of flight to be the limiter, even when well practiced. That said, I'll send a sharp stick at a chuck or yote past 25.........out to 40. Got my first BW kill in 2001 when a yote spooked the doe I crawled into position for and was waiting on. 42 yds.

Mad as Hell, that poor yellow dog was toast.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I tried 3 under, even Wilson 3 under tabs way back. My buds shoot 3 under (gloves) but I'm staying split (tab). Anchored corner of mouth, middle finger, for yrs, but went to bottom finger so arrow is where 3 under middle finger at old anchor would be ;)

I was good to 30 in a couple of weeks last yr with the change. Took a while to get it to feel right though, after yrs of the old anchor.

Laying off since Feb.........it feels rather strange in restart.

I don't shoot past 25 on deer with recurve anyway. I could but think my time of flight to be the limiter, even when well practiced. That said, I'll send a sharp stick at a chuck or yote past 25.........out to 40. Got my first BW kill in 2001 when a yote spooked the doe I crawled into position for and was waiting on. 42 yds.

Mad as Hell, that poor yellow dog was toast.

:yesway:

Same yardage as me. :)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Kwikees are so old as to be considered traditional :)

I drilled one bow for quiver bushings yrs ago, came out great, but was the last one for me.
    Didn't care for the look of the bushings in the wood when quiver off.

My last 2 BW's got Deltas attached to custom brackets on the limb bolts. Those worked great (I made them). Cleaner look than the rubber strap on GN I use now. But the GN fits any bow and requires no special brackets.

Lazy these days, I find it tolerable.

Running a metal riser this season, still think wood looks way better.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    25 for deer..............but I shoot the compound stakes when in 3D :) :) :)

Not the best for score, but best for fun.............esp when it goes in the 10 ring with people watching.............that 35 to 45 yard arc is coooooooooool.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    25 for deer..............but I shoot the compound stakes when in 3D :) :) :)

Not the best for score, but best for fun.............esp when it goes in the 10 ring with people watching.............that 35 to 45 yard arc is coooooooooool.

I was laying some into a milk jug last night at 55...yeah I know there is no video but shooting archery for so long and finally having that kind of accuracy and speed is so nice I can't lie about it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Arrgh, had to cut it short (kids had practice, I had to play taxi).
    Did try my new stabilizer...........K tech 3". Helped some, running the S coil module in it.
    Bow still a bit back leaning, proly needs the stabilizer weight an inch farther out.

picture.php

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Might add wrist sling, even though I shoot with index and middle finger pressure on front of riser, and have for years with no sling (recurves only- fingers curled to side on compounds and use sling, loose though).

Hmmmm, stab, sling...........do we get silly and add a sight LOL????

Top Bottom