Baby Ariel Arrives! +100 Commuity Hospital Staff; -100 Doctor!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    At 11:54PM on 13 JUN 2011 my baby girl Ariel Isabela (6 lbs 14 oz & 23" long) arrived at Community Hospital in Munster, IN. Baby and mom are doing OK, resting at the hospital. Pics to follow soon.

We got to the hospital around 7PM and were admitted into a room by 7:30PM. The nursing staff was excellent and very attentive. We informed them that our OBGYN was out sick and that Doc
    33.gif
    would be handling it (his backup partner). Since we were pre-registered they had all the info they needed. We inform the nurses that we also would be doing the Cryo-Cell Cord Blood collection. They were booked to the MAX on the 13th. All 8 labor & delivery rooms were being used and they were expecting 8 "c-sections" on the 14th in the morning!

Around 11PM the nurse got orders from the doctor (he was NOT at the hospital yet :rolleyes:) to start a drip (name of liquid unclear but it induces the labor) since mom was 5" dilated and the nurse could feel "the water". Doctor was called also as several babies were about ready to come.

Around 11:40PM the race is on! Three moms are now in full blow labor and the
    33.gif
    doctor has still NOT arrived. The nursing staff is getting everything ready and the head nurse gets ready to deliver my daughter. She, 1 other nurses and myself are in the room. They are telling mom NOT to push yet. :n00b: [I find out later that if mom pushes (ie. forces the push) it will cause tearing down below and thus the body must do it's normal thing to limit the amount of damage done to mom].

Well needless to say without the doctor present between the 3 of us (2 nurses and myself) we bring baby Ariel into the world. It's not for the faint of heart I will tell you that much. :D So much human fluids all over the place :puke: and the smell of human waste mixed with :dunno:. It's a smell that I have only ever smelled at a hospital.

The doctor finally arrives 2 mins after my daughter is born. The 2 nurses are beyond pisses with him and he does the stitching on mom. Sad to say he does not do the cryo-cell kit even after he was told that it was being requested by us! :xmad: Suspect part of the reason is that he was NOT present to delivery the baby and the core blood that needs to be collected is in the cord between mom and baby. Between the nurses and myself we were more focus on making sure my daughter was OK. :faint:

So -100 to
    33.gif
    doctor
    33.gif
    !

On the plus side, I just saved a ton of money on me NOT using Cryo-cell! So can we say hello new Johnson Safe. :rockwoot:I was either Cryo-Cell or Johnson Safe this year. :yesway:

---ADDITIONAL--
    BTW I was CCing during the delivery and CCed today while I was at the hospital. I did not see any signs of no firearms and the info booklet that I read also did not say anything. But since I CC anyways no biggie.

--UPDATE---
    Ariel_resize.jpg

Big sister holding little sister!

Last edited:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Congratulations.
    Sue the doctor for not doing cryo if u requested in writing.
    Then put that $ in trust to cover any bills in off chance the child developed a blood disorder or cancer.
    One of ours had leukemia another had a blood disorder that almost killed her of unknown origin and a third has a vascular malformations in her thigh so u never know what could happen.

I know some will flame me for speaking illness during a time of joy. But I trust you to understand the spirit it is given.

Be well and of good cheer for you have witnessed a miracle of wonders.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Congrats dad! remember, delivering a baby only requires the presence of two people, mom and baby.
    Wife says congrats too!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Congrats! Just think, in three short years, you can get her pole dancing lessons! ;)

Congratulations from Adrienne and I.
    Dude, too soon.

Anyone have a link to the video on that pole dancing kid? I recall seeing a topic here on it but the last 48 hours are a blurr to me right now.

Sue the doctor for not doing cryo if u requested in writing.
    I "assume" our doctor had it in his files that we were going to do Cryo-Cell as we took the kit to his office a month ago. No idea if he wrote it down or not. We gave him the "old kit" to discard. Cryo-cell sent us one back in JAN/FEB but it was during the snowstorm so it was left out by FEDEX for 1 day. I did not want to risk the stuff being damaged so I footed the bill for a new one. :rolleyes: In any case since our doc was not there no idea what the "hospital" knew (on paper). We told them via word of mouth twice. I'm not going to purse it at this point. Just not happy with the doctor. Baby Ariel is fine and that is all that matters. Hopefully we never had to use the blood and we do have the two other sibling's blood that may work for her.

I know some will flame me for speaking illness during a time of joy. But I trust you to understand the spirit it is given.

Be well and of good cheer for you have witnessed a miracle of wonders.
    No flamming on my part. I did not think of the "sue route" as it's just not how I think. I was just more concern with baby ariel coming out OK. My first daughter wrapped the cord around her neck during labor and she almost did not make it. My son had some issues with coming out as well. But baby Ariel just "swam" right now.

Congrats on the baby, and health of both baby and mom. Make sure the Dr. sees NONE of the $$.

I wish! But he did preform a service naming in sticking mom as the nurses could not do that. So he did do some of his job. Wish I could be like the government and say PARTIAL PAYMENT only due to not doing everything in your contract. :laugh:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Sounds like a very similar experience to when my first child was born.

Those delivery nurses do all the work.

I'm going to stop commenting before I blow a gasket remembering what happened during our fun experience.

But, congratulations!!

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Congrats! glad the baby came out ok and was healthy!

Speaking of fluids, one of my friends is an OB nurse and told of her first delivery and how much she regrets not taking the offered facemask.

I wish! But he did preform a service naming in sticking mom as the nurses could not do that. So he did do some of his job. Wish I could be like the government and say PARTIAL PAYMENT only due to not doing everything in your contract. :laugh:

you might get somewhere with partial payment. Contact the hospital admin about it if its really something you want to pursue. The worst they can say is no, right?

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    We had our first 3 months ago...we never even SAW a Dr. at the hospital during the delivery. They checked her out the next day and all was well. I guess I didnt know any better in thinking there was nothing off abouot that.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We had our first 3 months ago...we never even SAW a Dr. at the hospital during the delivery. They checked her out the next day and all was well. I guess I didnt know any better in thinking there was nothing off abouot that.

My understanding is that while the nurses "could" do 99% of the work there are certain things only the doctors can do and has the knowledge to do. If something were to go wrong then the doctor could take care of it before a "team of doctors" would be needed (ie. mom does not recover well and needs to be operated on ASAP, baby is in distress while still inside the womb, etc.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Can I assume you meant 5 cm, not 5 inches?? Big difference.

Congrats on the baby.

Pole dancing ???? What the ... ?? Hope it's an inside joke.

You should have run out earlier that day and bought her a Crickett Rifle. Baby's first rifle.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Sounds like a very similar experience to when my first child was born.

Those delivery nurses do all the work.

I'm going to stop commenting before I blow a gasket remembering what happened during our fun experience.

But, congratulations!!

Come on, go Armed Eastsider. It will make you feel better.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    Pictocin is the drug your looking for, it failed to induce my girlfriend past 1.5cm for 2 days on the 1-2nd when my son was born via c section at community north this month.

mysonandi.jpg

pic taken by poormansmachinegun

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom