• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    CC'ing in an open-top holster and 5-year-old nephew starts trying to tickle me under my shirt while his 2-year-old brother was on my shoulders. Photo from shortly after:

uncletom.jpeg

Learned a lesson about planning ahead for retention around kids, and switched to my more secure holster for the remainder of the visit.

Lost a screw once on my shoulder rig and had my gun drop into my lap at the movie theater. Learned a lesson about the value of Loc-Tite.
    Wow that's a big 2 year old.... either that or my son is really in the 98 percentile like the doctor says!

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Wow that's a big 2 year old.... either that or my son is really in the 98 percentile like the doctor says!

Choochie is a monster. In that pic, they'd switched positions and the 5 yo is on my shoulders, but Choochie is every bit as big as O-Dawg despite 3 years age difference.

We keep telling O-Dawg to be nice, because once Choochie figures out his own strength, it's gonna be clobberin' time.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I never had any but my step brother told me about one. He used to work for Garda Security as a driver of an armored car. On one stop at a Walgreens he managed to somehow accidentally unsnap his speedloader (he was still on probation and apparently you can't be trusted with a Glock until off of probation) holster and it fell and hit the floor. He said that when it hit all the rounds flew out and went all over the place! Not too much later he wrecked the armored car and lost his job. :n00b:

He wants to become a LEO but for some reason I don't see it happening for him. :rolleyes:

Another bit of irony I find about this is that this was in the Chicago area in the land of anti-gunners where apparently money has enough value to carry a gun to protect it, but I suppose they see it as life is not as valuable.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    when i started CCing i wore it IWB behind my back. thru my day i didn't notice it was creeping up and the whole assembly flopped out and hit the deck.

i heard a story from a mall cop that a guy left a 1911 in a bathroom stall. he disarmed to make a transaction and left it laying on the TP dispenser. some kid found it and ran to the nearest thing in a uniform.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    At a family gathering a few years ago, I was introduced to one of my nieces boyfriends. I pulled him aside and used Bill Engvals line "You hurt her, I've have no problem going BACK to prison." He kind of just looked at me and said he wouldn't hurt her. A few weeks later, I was at another family outing with said boyfriend. Upon removing my coat, his eyes bulged out and he went upstairs. He had got a look at the 1911 in a paddle holster on my hip. My niece got a text a few minutes later saying it was off because he was afraid of "your big bald biker uncle." (I'm not a biker, just shaved head and a goatee.) My niece thanked me and said she was going to break up with him anyway.

Good story! :)

michaelw2608

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    First date with a girl a couple years ago. We went to see a movie. Being the smooth man I am, after the movie I nonchalantly put my arm around her shoulder while we were walking out. Of course her natural reaction was to put her arm around my lower back. She brushed my Glock 36 that she had no clue I had (I was carrying SOB). She asked what I had tucked in the back of my pants and I told her it was my handgun. Luckily, she didn't freak out and assume I was going to kidnap her and we are still dating to this day.

What can I say... she liked my gun :)

jmo2003bu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I always carry at church but not everyone knows...I always keep it concealed. One morning after services a gentlemen walked up behind me to say goodbye and and went to pat me on the back. I didn't even see him and moved just slightly at the same time and he patted me right on the hip where my G26 was. He said in a fairly loud voice...."man, feels like you've got a gun on your hip or something!" I gave him an awkward look and quietly said "I do". He thought I was joking at first but when he realized I was serious he quietly apologized. We ended up having a good chat about carrying later.

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    While helping a guest register her children one day, one of the little ones quite loudly asked of that was a real gun while attempting to remove it from my holster....... now I nonchalantly keep my arm over said weapon while children are present.....

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    My brother and I were Geocaching out in the county. I had just purchased my first IWB holster after years of OWB wear. The new one was a very cheap nylon. I loosened my belt to tuck my shirt in and the Glock fell out onto the ground. Lesson learned, no cheap-o holsters!

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    At a family gathering a few years ago, I was introduced to one of my nieces boyfriends. I pulled him aside and used Bill Engvals line "You hurt her, I've have no problem going BACK to prison." He kind of just looked at me and said he wouldn't hurt her. A few weeks later, I was at another family outing with said boyfriend. Upon removing my coat, his eyes bulged out and he went upstairs. He had got a look at the 1911 in a paddle holster on my hip. My niece got a text a few minutes later saying it was off because he was afraid of "your big bald biker uncle." (I'm not a biker, just shaved head and a goatee.) My niece thanked me and said she was going to break up with him anyway.

So you threatened this poor kid apropos of nothing? I would've taken off too after discovering that the apparently mentally unstable guy who threatened me with violence is armed. This qualifies as an awkward moment, but not for the reasons you think!

As for personal content, my wife once playfully swatted my side and banged up her hand on my concealed weapon while we were grocery shopping. I felt for her, but she did see me put the thing on before we left. :dunno:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    This was about 10 years ago, I was walking out of K-mart, carrying SOB, suddenly I feel my glock slip and slide down my left leg, I caught it mid-stride, and put it in my jacket pocket. I got lucky, no one saw, I changed to a Don Hume IWB and changed to the 3:30 position the next day.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    While helping a guest register her children one day, one of the little ones quite loudly asked of that was a real gun while attempting to remove it from my holster....... now I nonchalantly keep my arm over said weapon while children are present.....

Lemme guess - little girl, around 5 years old?

Anyway - this was a while back, but I was once eating at a restaurant with a few friends, my 38 special concealed in an IWB, cross-draw. We were sitting at a round table, and this boy who looked about 10 or so comes running by from behind me. I feel a pull at my waist as the kid bumps into me and snags his arm on the pointiest part of the hammer. Firearm stayed securely in place, but the kid turned to look at me with a confused look on his face, rubbing his arm like "What the heck was that? Ow!"

The girlfriend at the time saw the kid glaring at me and asked what that was all about. I leaned over and whispered, "He hurt himself on my gun." She replied, "Oh, ok. WHAT?"

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    Last week I had my first issue ever while ccing. Had car accident in IL and as usual pretty much forgot I was cc until after all the preliminaries were taken care of with the leo on scene. Thank goodness there was not any reason for them to suspect that I might be armed and no one even raised any questions along those lines! After probably at least 45 mins. I finally calmed down from the excitment of the collsion ect. and very carefully and nonchallantly (after realizing where I was and that I was potentially in bigger trouble than I was already in) got into my vehicle and divested myself of my LCP! Other than the wreck being my fault and having to be towed away, I guess I got fairly lucky on that deal.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Not really but at the midnight showing of Batman my wife kept saying "Idk why you brought it nothing is gonna happen at the movies". (Cc) then not too long ago I stopped at gamestop and a couple kids with there mom kept yelling mommy that guy has a gun mommy mommy mommy he has a gun. (Oc) I paid for the 1 item I went in for and left

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Best one yet!!:rockwoot:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So you threatened this poor kid apropos of nothing? I would've taken off too after discovering that the apparently mentally unstable guy who threatened me with violence is armed. This qualifies as an awkward moment, but not for the reasons you think!

As for personal content, my wife once playfully swatted my side and banged up her hand on my concealed weapon while we were grocery shopping. I felt for her, but she did see me put the thing on before we left. :dunno:

I take it you don't have any young female relatives??:dunno:

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    This summer I was giving a lady friend a ride on the motorcycle and she askes, is this your phone? As she is grabbing my lcp lol

Top Bottom