• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    That guy always gets the cops pretty good. I have seen a lot of his videos. Lol the sgt wanted to have nothing to do with it.

tlcmbc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Woodburn, In.
    Don't much care for these "nards" baiting cops. Good for the cop for dealing with him without being drawn into the trap.
    I agree, why are so many people on this site so anti police. I open carry once in awhile and have no problem with a police officer asking me questions. Since 9/11 we have been told to call and report anything we believe is suspicious. I think the guy in the video was a jerk. If you open carry you also need to respect the fears of some of the public. Sure it is our right but, if you are legal, why not just show your LTCH and other ID to the officer. He is doing his job and you will be a better example of a armed citizen. When you act like that guy you make all gun owners look like a$& holes. How are we going to educate the public if we come across as hot heads.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Why did he allow him to take his gun? Seems like that would be some sort of technicality

It's fine to say you don't consent, resisting is a hugely stupid move. The officer may be in the wrong to confiscate the weapon but that's something to fight later in court not out on the street.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I agree, why are so many people on this site so anti police. I open carry once in awhile and have no problem with a police officer asking me questions. Since 9/11 we have been told to call and report anything we believe is suspicious. I think the guy in the video was a jerk. If you open carry you also need to respect the fears of some of the public. Sure it is our right but, if you are legal, why not just show your LTCH and other ID to the officer. He is doing his job and you will be a better example of a armed citizen. When you act like that guy you make all gun owners look like a$& holes. How are we going to educate the public if we come across as hot heads.

Derp. Derp.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Don't much care for these "nards" baiting cops. Good for the cop for dealing with him without being drawn into the trap.

So wait.... OCing a Glock is "baiting cops"? Good for the cop breaking the law? What video were you watching???? The "perp" in question was held without reasonable suspicion, his weapon was seized illegally, and then the person doing the recording stuck it to him for it. So please, post the video you were referring to, I'd love to watch that one next

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    The police dont like citizens who know their rights AND know how to assert them. The guy is guilty of being one of those citizens.

Baiting?

So the problem is FEAR of the gun. It's legal, but the emotion attached to guns trumps the law?

This needs to be nipped in the bud with the 911 operator. Questions like, "ma'am is the gun unholstered?" or "sir is the gun being pointed at someone?" or "ma'am have any shots been fired" could do us all a big favor and keep the police working on real crime and the citizens rights left intact.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    The police dont like citizens who know their rights AND know how to assert them. The guy is guilty of being one of those citizens.

Baiting?

So the problem is FEAR of the gun. It's legal, but the emotion attached to guns trumps the law?

This needs to be nipped in the bud with the 911 operator. Questions like, "ma'am is the gun unholstered?" or "sir is the gun being pointed at someone?" or "ma'am have any shots been fired" could do us all a big favor and keep the police working on real crime and the citizens rights left intact.

This guy! Rep inbound

tlcmbc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Woodburn, In.
    So a police officer responds to a call, man with a gun, and he can't even ask questions to determine you are legal to carry? How is he supposed to know? If you follow that logic then you would have to wait for the bad guy to shoot at you before you can defend yourself.By the way the guys gun was not seized, it was given back to him. I said before, yes we are legal to OC but we must also understand that the public probably does not know. When was the last time you saw a news story about OC? We may be within our rights to OC but we can be reasonable and cooperative and be a good example of a gun owner, and not come off as jerks. This can only help our cause.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    So a police officer responds to a call, man with a gun, and he can't even ask questions to determine you are legal to carry? How is he supposed to know? If you follow that logic then you would have to wait for the bad guy to shoot at you before you can defend yourself.By the way the guys gun was not seized, it was given back to him. I said before, yes we are legal to OC but we must also understand that the public probably does not know. When was the last time you saw a news story about OC? We may be within our rights to OC but we can be reasonable and cooperative and be a good example of a gun owner, and not come off as jerks. This can only help our cause.
    Sir I couldn't disagree with you more. If an action is legal there is no reason to stop and question. Police do not prevent crimes, they are not proactive, but a reactive force. Of course they are a crime deterrent....but the moment, we as citizens, think it is ok for them to detain us for any reason, we are at a point where Liberty is in jeopardy. As Benjamin Franklin once said.... "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana

Sure the police can ask questions, but they shouldnt have been there in the first place. Do you want stop and frisk going on here? People are so caught up with this pre-emptive mindset.

If you follow that logic then you would have to wait for the bad guy to shoot at you before you can defend yourself.

Isn't that what the law is as it stands? Or do you prefer judgment to transpire and triggers pulled because the guy could potentally be a bad guy?

When was the last time you saw a news story about OC?

Never as far as I remember. Is that the fault of those who actually know and follow the law? Maybe someone needs to get on the medias ass about reporting on it since everyone is so glued to the tv and not on actually educating themselves.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville

After reading INGO for a while, one thing I really appreciate is my constitutional rights. Law enforcement officers have no choice but to respect those rights or face consequences. Unfortunately, most people, officers included, do not know or appreciate those rights and how they apply to everyday life.

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    So a police officer responds to a call, man with a gun, and he can't even ask questions to determine you are legal to carry?.

How does a cop know you are legal to drive a car? You could be drunk or an escaped convict or had your license suspended. You have no obligation to prove you aren't committing a crime. Besides any law preventing someone from carrying a firearm is unconstitutional anyways. It doesn't matter if they are a felon or not. If they are still a danger to society they should have been kept locked up.

"In a just world, the cop would be put on sex offender registry until he could prove he wasn't a child molester."

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

There you go. If he had shot someone then he would be suspect of breaking the law. The alleged perp in this case was not suspected of breaking any laws.

The gun was given back to him after being seized.

You are trying to make a case against a citizen that knows his rights.

Top Bottom