• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Back on topic... I was pretty disappointed with the ammo prices I saw yesterday. I think the cheapest I saw for .22lr was 60 bucks for 525 packs of Federal bulk. Most seemed to be at $80, and I even saw one guy that had Lapua .22lr for $150 for 500 rounds. Really?!? 0.30/per round for .22lr??? For that price, they should be "smart rounds" that don't even require aiming I think! :):

I did see one table that had PMC (I think) .223 for 50 cents per round ($500 per 1000), which is about the best I've seen it in quite awhile. I didn't buy any because I don't need it. Heck, I was just trying to find some .303 British (and we all know what a wildly popular round that is :rolleyes:) and couldn't find any for less than 93 cents a round, and NOBODY would deal whatsoever. I came home and ordered some online for 77 cents a round shipped. Not tickled about that price either, but I'm planning on picking up a set of dies and starting to roll my own.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Off topic here, but how do you 91kcolg have only 8 posts and the amt. of rep you have? How does this work?
    Input from any mod is welcome. And some of them are "one liners"

That is curious 8 posts,and the only thread started is his intro thread.Hmmm

I've seen that with a LOT of people. I was beginning to wonder if somehow the "post count" rolled over after a certain amount, so they really have 10,008 posts instead of 8 or something... :): But yeah, if not, those must have been 8 damn fine posts!

I was away from the forum for a long time and noticed this when I came back as well. Near as I can figure it is the "rep pyramid" threads in Break Room. It also appears that several people have turned off their rep in protest. Maybe?

Anyway some real rep to you 3!

As far as the price of .22. Well I just had to see if was as hit and (mostly) miss in IN like it is on the east coast. Last .22lr I bought was in April at a LGS. CCI bulk for 29.99( in tax free NH). Lady said "You sure you don't want the limit of 2?" I declined as I was going to a gun show the next day. Saw it at $60. I told my novice shooter friend " That's crazy. I just bought .22 for half that yesterday" And sadly never again...

Last edited:

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Why sell it at all? It never gets cheaper, it only goes up. Won't you eventually use it? Or is it, that you have realized if you can get $20 for it, you only need to add $5 dollars to buy the 100 round WWB?

Just to be clear, you're not dealing with rookies on this website.
    We know what time it is.

WWB is $25 now at my local WM and I thought I made it perfectly clear that now that I have been able to find more 100 packs that I would rather pay the lesser amount. Ammo is going up so the $20 price I was going to ask was even more reasonable. I did not then no do I now think that what I planned to ask was gouging. But from this thread it is clear that some think any profit is gouging and others think the sky is the limit. I fall somewher in the middle. I don't believe in buying with the intent to flip, but if you have some extra you want to sell, I don't see any issue with making a small profit.

Maybe I am slow but I don't have a freaking clue as to what you are insinuating with the rookie and time statement. I ask a legitimate question as to people's opinion about what constitutes gouging, that's it.

Que complained that this place does not feel like a community anymore and blamed the newbies. I think some of you old members need to look in the mirror for a reality check. Some of you tend to assume the worst and figure everything else out later.

If it makes you feel any better, my son bought an SR9c yesterday so I will be keeping what I have.

Last edited:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I don't care if you make a profit on your ammo. As for me, I have plenty of ammo. The price of ammo is not going up, and the 50 round boxes of Federal you speak of is $12.97 a box at Wally World. With sales tax that comes out to $13.87 a box.
    Just because someone on here suggested that ammo is going up doesn't make it so. It has already gone up, $12.97 is the new price, it used to be $9.97, and the WWB used to be $19.99.
    As far as the rookie comment, there have been a lot of newer members selling for ridiculous prices in the classifieds, be it guns or ammo, that must think we are a bunch of idiots on here.
    I'm almost 48 and have been attending gun shows, buying, selling, trading guns since I was 14. That's what I meant by the "rookie" comment.

As far as "we know what time it is" this was a saying made popular in the 1990's by the early rappers and the black community.
    It means we're not idiots. You can't run a game on us, we know better.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que complained that this place does not feel like a community anymore and blamed the newbies. I think some of you old members need to look in the mirror for a reality check. Some of you tend to assume the worst and figure everything else out later.

If it makes you feel any better, my son bought an SR9c yesterday so I will be keeping what I have.

Please go back and read my statement. I said that INGO used to be a place where we helped each other. I focussed on the new members who have joined simply to pass along their high-priced guns and ammo. That does not point a finger at all the new members. By the way, there are some people who may have joined three years ago and only recently come back to sell stuff at high prices. So, my main concern isn't about how long people have been members, but the fact they are only here to prostitute the board. That is only my personal opinion and I stand by it, but it certainly doesn't include all members who utilize the classifieds, whether new or old.

I guess as the board grows the family atmosphere will dissipate and I guess that's what happened with some of the larger national boards.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I don't care if you make a profit on your ammo. As for me, I have plenty of ammo. The price of ammo is not going up, and the 50 round boxes of Federal you speak of is $12.97 a box at Wally World. With sales tax that comes out to $13.87 a box.
    Just because someone on here suggested that ammo is going up doesn't make it so. It has already gone up, $12.97 is the new price, it used to be $9.97, and the WWB used to be $19.99.
    As far as the rookie comment, there have been a lot of newer members selling for ridiculous prices in the classifieds, be it guns or ammo, that must think we are a bunch of idiots on here.
    I'm almost 48 and have been attending gun shows, buying, selling, trading guns since I was 14. That's what I meant by the "rookie" comment.

As far as "we know what time it is" this was a saying made popular in the 1990's by the early rappers and the black community.
    It means we're not idiots. You can't run a game on us, we know better.

This is what I am talking about when I say that people attack and then figure it out later. You are now saying I am lying about what I paid.
    a>

Look at the receipt. You can run the SKU #s if you want. The Federal 9mm FMJ 50 packs are $13.97 + 7% = $14.95 (sorry if I exaggerated the nickle). The WBB 100packs are $24.47 + 7% = $26.19

walmart_zpsb7fdc1e5.jpg

Check your facts before you flame someone!

Just in case I did not insert the picture correctly http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag141/czb1962/walmart_zpsb7fdc1e5.jpg

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Please go back and read my statement. I said that INGO used to be a place where we helped each other. I focussed on the new members who have joined simply to pass along their high-priced guns and ammo. That does not point a finger at all the new members. By the way, there are some people who may have joined three years ago and only recently come back to sell stuff at high prices. So, my main concern isn't about how long people have been members, but the fact they are only here to prostitute the board. That is only my personal opinion and I stand by it, but it certainly doesn't include all members who utilize the classifieds, whether new or old.

I guess as the board grows the family atmosphere will dissipate and I guess that's what happened with some of the larger national boards.

I am sorry for singling you out. My intent was not to criticize you but the implication by some that I am here trying to sell something. When and if I sell, it will most likely be on Armslist as it has been in the past with other items. I just asked a question to gauge peoples thoughts and two members who happen to be long time members felt the need to flame me and twist what I was saying into something sinister. At the very least imply that I had an ulterior motive. This does not go a long way to making me feel like one of the family so I am calling them out.

Just like you I don't mean to group all older members in the same category. I joined this group to learn and have open conversation, not be called a liar or to be accused of "running a game".

renov8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Indy
    I was surprised that the prices on ammo at the 1500 were so high. I guess that I thought that people would be more reasonable there. I have not been able to find the ammo I want at my local Walmart here in Indy. It was surprising to see the post of the receipts from Walmart that actually have ammo. Do you have to wait inline on stocking day to find it?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It's really funny. People are in here moaning and complaining about the ammo shortage and high prices, and then in their next breath they talk about stopping at Wal*Mart to search for ammo that they don't necessarily need, or they talk about buying ammo for more than "pre-panic" prices. Decide which side of the fence you're on, because neither action helps the "ammo shortage."

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    My intent was not to criticize you but the implication by some that I am here trying to sell something. I just asked a question to gauge peoples thoughts and two members who happen to be long time members felt the need to flame me and twist what I was saying into something sinister. At the very least imply that I had an ulterior motive. This does not go a long way to making me feel like one of the family so I am calling them out.

Just like you I don't mean to group all older members in the same category. I joined this group to learn and have open conversation, not be called a liar or to be accused of "running a game".

Simply unbelievable. If you aren't trying to sell something, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?!? You ask for people's opinions, then you get all butthurt when they tell you what they think. Just what DID you think everyone was going to say?? "Yes, PLEASE Mr. CZB1962, sell us your overpriced ammunition!!! You are my hero!!!" And for the record, if you think you've been flamed in this thread, you must be new to the InterWebz.

As for your motives, we don't know you or your motives. But we can guess by the fact that you're selling at inflated prices and being VERY defensive about it.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    This is what I am talking about when I say that people attack and then figure it out later. You are now saying I am lying about what I paid.
    a>

Look at the receipt. You can run the SKU #s if you want. The Federal 9mm FMJ 50 packs are $13.97 + 7% = $14.95 (sorry if I exaggerated the nickle). The WBB 100packs are $24.47 + 7% = $26.19

walmart_zpsb7fdc1e5.jpg

Check your facts before you flame someone!

Just in case I did not insert the picture correctly http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag141/czb1962/walmart_zpsb7fdc1e5.jpg

I'm not calling you a liar. My walmart sells it for $12.97.
    I am just pointing out the fact that you have figured out, that if you can sell your ammo for $20 dollars a box and add $6 dollars to it, you will essentially double your ammo supply at the expense of others.
    Nor am I accusing you of "running a game", I was just giving you my best interpretation of what the saying "we know what time it is" means. My definition may be off, I am not going to take the time to google it.

Last edited:

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I was surprised that the prices on ammo at the 1500 were so high. I guess that I thought that people would be more reasonable there. I have not been able to find the ammo I want at my local Walmart here in Indy. It was surprising to see the post of the receipts from Walmart that actually have ammo. Do you have to wait inline on stocking day to find it?

Ammo comes in almost every day but it is usually gone in minutes. When I first got my 9mm I was going there two to three times a week to try to find any 9mm. Now I only go if I find out the 100 packs are coming in.

Back then it was a crap shoot as to when they were going to bring it out. Now it is 7 am (at least at this store) so be there if you want it. They may still not have what you want, but they usually get something.

It was no big deal for me to run over and check since I am two minutes away. I would generally text a few people I knew if I thought there was some of what they wanted coming in.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Simply unbelievable. If you aren't trying to sell something, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?!? You ask for people's opinions, then you get all butthurt when they tell you what they think. Just what DID you think everyone was going to say?? "Yes, PLEASE Mr. CZB1962, sell us your overpriced ammunition!!! You are my hero!!!" And for the record, if you think you've been flamed in this thread, you must be new to the InterWebz.

As for your motives, we don't know you or your motives. But we can guess by the fact that you're selling at inflated prices and being VERY defensive about it.

1. I NEVER offered anything for sale here. I said I was CONSIDERING selling some of my 50 packs. As far as I know I cannot even list something on the for sale pages due to low post count. I have not received or sent any PMs on this subject which will probably be the next accusation.

2. I asked for opinions on what constitutes gouging. My motive was to make people think. I happened to use my personal situation as an example for comparison. Why can you not just take it at face value?

3. I expected people (as most have) to offer a thought without being accusatory or hateful. I am not really that naive, but what do you expect when you post the responses you post?

4. I have not sold anything.

5. The whole point was to have a conversation about what is "overinflated".

6. I don't see it as defensive at all unless you misrepresent what I say. Then yes, I will defend myself.

My father had a saying. "Arguing with me is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.....after a few hours you realize the pig likes it":)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It's really funny. People are in here moaning and complaining about the ammo shortage and high prices, and then in their next breath they talk about stopping at Wal*Mart to search for ammo that they don't necessarily need, or they talk about buying ammo for more than "pre-panic" prices. Decide which side of the fence you're on, because neither action helps the "ammo shortage."

If this is directed at me, I don't go out of my way to look for ammo.
    If we happen to be at walmart, I do look in the ammo cabinet, I have on occasion gotten lucky and recently found ammo a few times.

50 rounds of Federal 9mm is $12.97
    100 rounds of WWB 9mm is $24.97
    WWB of .223 20 rounds is $12.97

I don't sell ammo, I shoot my guns, and I will continue to build my ammo supply. This is why I asked the OP why he would want to sell it in the first place. He is simply trying to get justification to sell it. And to the OP, to me it would be worth more than $5 dollars for the amt. of my time and gas to find ammo. So to answer the OP's question, NO I do not feel that a $5 dollar profit is "gouging", to me "gouging is doubling your money, or more". So if you were to ask $30 for a 50 round box, then yes you're "gouging". Some on here in other threads hold that there is no such thing as "gouging".

Last edited:

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I'm not calling you a liar. My walmart sells it for $12.97.
    I am just pointing out the fact that you have figured out, that if you can sell your ammo for $20 dollars a box and add $6 dollars to it, you will essentially double your ammo supply at the expense of others.
    Nor am I accusing you of "running a game", I was just giving you my best interpretation of what the saying "we know what time it is" means. My definition may be off, I am not going to take the time to google it.

Fair enough, I will take you at your word that WM sells it for $13 there. It used to be that here two months ago but has gone up. Understand though that everyone who reads your comment will assume that I misrepresented what I paid unless I correct your statement. My word means a lot to me so I do feel the need to show that I am being truthful.

I would be adding $5 a box and I can see why you may think that this was my ploy all along. However God as my witness, I purchased 50 packs with the intent of shooting it all. I then was lucky enough to get a good supply of 100 packs that were cheaper. I posted here that I was considering selling some of the 50 packs because I think the 100s are going to get more plentiful. I can most certainly hang on to what I have as I will shoot it eventually, but if others want it and I am willing to sell it?

I had hoped the conversation would be about what is a fair amount to mark up something I accumulated and now may want to sell WITHOUT gouging people. I asked "what do you think constitutes gouging". It a simple question that only requires a simple answer. You can say that you believe there is no acceptable markup. That's fine, I just ask that people do it in a respectful way.

With all due respect, you say you are not accusing me of running a game, but you posted it. The direct quote was "Just to be clear, you're not dealing with rookies on this website. We know what time it is." You then go on to explain that the term means running a game.

I am over 50 so I am no rookie to life either. In that 50+ years I have learned not to jump to conclusions.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    223 Gunner; This is why I asked the OP why he would want to sell it in the first place. He is simply trying to get justification to sell it. And to the OP said:
    Thank you for answering the question straight up. I did not mean to start a S***storm or get in a bunch of arguments but it just kind of worked out that way.

I disagree that I was looking for justification to sell. I could just as easily said that I sold all my 9mm guns and now have left over ammo and none of these accusations would have been levied. Maybe I should have lied and then the conversation would have stuck with opinions on what constitutes gouging.

Then again, I suck at lying.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Remember, there are sellers and buyers, IF no one want to pay those prices, they will drop. Until that changes, we are stuck with high prices.

We've tried to buy 2 use 1 for ammo. That is helping us out for dealing with the shortage.

What is a full 50 cal ammo box of bulk .22 cal rim worth?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I did not mean to start a S***storm or get in a bunch of arguments but it just kind of worked out that way..

:yesway: :lmfao: :cheers: You're still new yet .

Stick around awhile and you'll see that about the only damn thing we agree on around here is that we should be allowed to have guns , and sometimes we even argue about that .

:welcome: to :ingo:

Top Bottom