• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Again, I understand we are in America, but INGO used to be a place where people helped each other. We told each other where ammo could be found and if we picked up an extra box or two, yeah some profit was made, but most of the time, guys and gals just charged for gas to make the meet. Now, people come on here and join specifically to make money, which is why so many of the older members jump on newer people fighting to get to the classifieds. I don't buy at their prices and keep my money in my pocket.

Now, if guys are at the 1500 or even on Armslist, I see no problem with charging $50 for 100 rounds of CCI. If you got 100 rounds of Walmart 9mm for $25, yeah, go sell it for $75 at the 1500. If people will pay it, what's the problem? I know that makes no sense to some, but that's just how I feel.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Or you can roll up your middle finger and tell the gougers, "Hey your number one!"

I hear you Que. Back in about 2007 when all firearm related forum members were good to each other, ah the good ol' days. I've meet a lot of good people and some real scum bags. Now most forums are a haven for scamers, gougers and flakes! I can't wait until that 80% lower buy blows up in everybody's face.

Don't feed the gougers!

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I finally witnessed it first hand this evening. Left work a little late and decided to stop at Walmart on E. Washington to see what ammo they might have. Not sure if I am going out to the 1500 or not this weekend, but am thinking about doing some shooting and a guy at work almost has me talked into going down to Knob Creek for the next Zombie Shoot. So thought I would what ammo WM might have and pick some up.
    As I approached the ammo section there was what looked like a small convention then I realized that there several guys there buying ammo as it was unloaded off the truck. Actually there were LOTS of ammo that had been grabbed by flippers cause the one guy that works there will sell you 3 boxes of each caliber (which is cool). I was looking for 5.56 and the Winchester 00 buck that WM carries which they had and I bought my 3 boxes of each talked with the WM guy for a little bit and left.
    Now I before everyone hits me with the free enterprise thing and all the other arguments I just want to say one thing. I have plenty of ammo and only get what I need, but to see several boxes of .22lr, .45acp., 9mm etc. being bought up for one purpose really frustrates me. Buy what you want or need and move on.
    Sadly if those folks hadn't been there doing their thing then that WM would have had a pretty good stock of different types of calibers. I don't care who you blame I just think it's a shame. And that's all I have to say about that. SO PILE ON!:popcorn:

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Know where your coming from 12many. Sent an e-mail to some rude-dude on Armslist today. He had some Lee 38/357 dies and a pound of Bullseye. It did not have a price so I asked, my mistake. He said make offer but add shoulda said $100 for both. Because it was close I said I'll go 45.00 for both. His reply was not real pleasant and mine in return was not either. He seemed to think his dies where not to be found on E-bay or otherwise and Bullseye is really hard to find also so he wanted $50.00 US dollars for it!
    Seen the Bullseye at a gun shop just 10min ago for $18.75.

91kcolg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    Just got home from the 1500. Lots of people still buying ammo at crazy prices. Most of the guns, ammo and magazines were higher priced than the local gun shops. Wasted money on admission and parking. When will it end?

JayBone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Lake County
    Glad I skipped it. Found some CCI 22lr for 34.99 at my local. Found some federal tuna cans Sunday for 19.99 and a couple of 50 pack rds for 3.99 at Gander Mtn. Picked up a couple of 9mm 50 packs for 13 and change at walmart. I travel six states and only buy my limits, but I hunt alot for personal use. Frequency is the key and learning stocking patterns. I dont sell off, in fact I let others shoot what they need at our local meet and shoots and youth events. I try to keep 2000 rds of the four calibers I own, and around 5k of 22lr. I'm still trying to build my .45 to 2000, but being more expensive, it's taking longer, but I'm at least seeing it. I stay to my budget and refuse to pay over hyped prices, when I know sooner or later I'll find it at Wallys, Cabelas, or Bass Pro for close to normal prices.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I haven't seen any ammo on our local walmart's shelves other than oddball rifle rounds, and 12/20 gauge.

Our LGS's have ammo, but at quite a bit more than I care to pay.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Good advice. I hope many heed it.

Did this at a gunshow recently in La. A guy was selling 375 packs of 22lr for $80. On the very next aisle, back to back with this vendor, was a guy selling the same can for $60. Told them both to get bent.

Ran across a guy selling 1k rounds for $100. Still a bit high for 22lr, but cheap in comparison. I bought.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Ok, so I have a serious question here so please don't flame me.

I recently bought 2 9mm handguns and in my efforts to get ammo I have gone countless times to stand in line in hopes of getting ammo. I only buy 9mm because that is what I shoot. I have been buying all Walmart will let me whenever I can which is about 25% of my trips. This had mostly been 50 packs which after tax cost me $15.

Recently I have been able to get quite a few of the 100 round value packs so I sort of want to offload some of the more expensive 50 Rd boxes and keep buying the 100s when I can.

I don't want to gouge people, but I do have a lot of time and effort involved in getting what I have. I am planning to sell them at $20 a box.

What in YOUR opinion turns it into gouging? Pure cost or percentage over what someone pays? Keep in mind that most local gun stores are selling 50 packs of 9mm FMJ for $18 before tax. I know because I bought some of those too when they were all I could find.

Why sell it at all? It never gets cheaper, it only goes up. Won't you eventually use it? Or is it, that you have realized if you can get $20 for it, you only need to add $5 dollars to buy the 100 round WWB?

Just to be clear, you're not dealing with rookies on this website.
    We know what time it is.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is curious 8 posts,and the only thread started is his intro thread.Hmmm
    I've seen that with a LOT of people. I was beginning to wonder if somehow the "post count" rolled over after a certain amount, so they really have 10,008 posts instead of 8 or something... :): But yeah, if not, those must have been 8 damn fine posts!

Top Bottom