• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Too bad they can't tell the difference between the F-106 Delta Dart in the photos! NOT an F-102. Great editing.
    Original post is an F-102. It has the longer/smaller intakes and tail nozzle side extentions to increase the "area rule" of the fusalage. For some reason, the vertical stabilizer has been cut off, reducing it's height. There is an F-106 in the background of the upper right picture.
    combo-box.jpg

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Deployed from RAF Woodbridge U.K. to Alhorn Air Base Germany with the 91 TFS to support NATO exercise HIGHWAY 84. Our A-10s landed on the autobahn where we performed combat turns, refueling and re-arming the jets in less than 30 minutes.

vania-1530816986.gif

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Deployed from RAF Woodbridge U.K. to Alhorn Air Base Germany with the 91 TFS to support NATO exercise HIGHWAY 84. Our A-10s landed on the autobahn where we performed combat turns, refueling and re-arming the jets in less than 30 minutes.

View attachment 247163
    I believe there are videos on YouTube of the Michigan National Guard landing on highways and refueling also In their A10s

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

View attachment 247163
    Many "experts" said the A10's would have been chewed up by the russians had the cold war gone kinetic and that they were merely to slow the advance down. But I got to say, I thnk they would have had more of an impact than they thought. With F15's flying top cover and the Army's AH-64's assisting the armored columns of the USSR would have been smoldering road blocks.

Top Bottom