• ...and so much more!
  • sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    My dad died when I was a young boy.

One of the few memories I have of him is him exclaiming "Sonofagun" whenever he'd get upset about something.

I change up my avatar on occasion. No real meaning.

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    Stchas - S is the first initial in my first name. T is the first initial of my middle name. Chas is part of my last name. Avatar, don't know, it made me chuckle.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    username: one of many descriptive monikers for me. Those who know me say it fits.

avatar (current): John Connor, it's a cool movie and a good pic. The avatar will change occasionally.

signature: In one of the sections of the Creation Museum in KY, there's a door with about a dozen locks. This statement is carved into the door. Seems fitting. (the door was my old avatar)

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hope I'm not duplicating did a search first so I don't think I've answered this before. Mine comes from when I started shooting bowling pin matches at MCFG. Went there with my P95 in 9mm, it did not do bad to start, but after the pins fill up with lead from .40's and .45s I knew I needed a bigger gun. So I bought my Colt .45 government model to shoot the bowling pins. Hence PINSHOOTER45 was born. And I haven't shot pins in a long time, boy do I need to correct that problem! Avitar is my refinnished 98K, Bushmanster with bayonet, mags and ammo for both!

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Socomike-----Socom because I was under the command and it sounds cool
    -----Mike is my name

Picture is me at the moment.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    My screen name is my nickname, given me in 1970 in the Navy by two different First Class Petty Officers in two very different places. Neither one could read my last name off of a list. It stuck, so I gave up and went with it.

The avatar is a pic of me standing next to my bike. I ride. A lot. So it just seems natural.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Birds Away is the radio call made by US Navy warships when they fire a surface to air missile. The avatar is the USS Dale (CG-19) firing an SM-2ER surface to air missile from her aft launcher. One of my former ships.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    didn't we have a thread on this already?

...um...my name is Caleb, pretty self explanatory as is my avatar.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    People in Southern Indiana have to deal with "Kentuckiana" being used to describe the region. When I was a kid I started calling us "Indiucky", A guy I knew called us "Little Orphan 'ana" in his editorials. (Jim Nichols, he was editor for the Evening News in Jeffersonville), I told him I always called us "Indiucky", He asked if he could use that word for an editorial. I said he could and 12 months later the newspaper was selling t-shirts with a copyrighted "Indi-ucky" logo. I ripped his butt, but he had already leftt he paper and said it was the papers doing, not his.

I still use it as my moniker and have for years.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Both refer to one of my old homes, in a time and place far away: Kagnew Station, Asmara, Eritrea (then a province of Ethiopia). :patriot:

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    My name is based on my favorite part on my go kart. Tony 125cc TAg

My avatar is my effort to pay homage to the great Ayn Rand. Some times I feel like John Galt. It seems that I hold the moochers on my shoulder, while fighting off the looters with one hand, and trying to produce with the other hand. The moochers had better hope that I don't need to use both hands to fend off the looters.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    BSG. The fighters are "Vipers" and the pilots; Viperjocks. Avatar is a Viper. Love the show. Always wanted to be a fighter pilot growing up.

The signature line is a reference from Brandon Sanderson's "Mistborn" series in which allomancers "burn" tin in order to improve their senses and be more aware of their surroundings; ie situational awareness.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Username is quite obvious, I'm sure. Avatar stands for my son and I. One night we were having hot dogs; on our second go around, there were two buns left. You can guess the one my son picked!

Top Bottom