• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    My son and I just went to IMAX to see Avatar... SOLD OUT!!! What a bummer, so I guess we are going to see it in the morning. There is a copy available on an internet site, I watched a few mins of it and that is what sparked me going to the theater. Now I am fighting the temptation to watch it online instead of waiting till morning.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    not trying to sound rude I just don't get grown men watching animated movies. I have plenty of friends, grown men without kids or girlfriends that saw the incredibles and cars multiple times. maybe its just not my thing and i'm the minority IDK.:dunno:

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    not trying to sound rude I just don't get grown men watching animated movies. I have plenty of friends, grown men without kids or girlfriends that saw the incredibles and cars multiple times. maybe its just not my thing and i'm the minority IDK.:dunno:

coming from the guy with an animated avatar....

JustGone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    In the PRK now =(

Hey those CG movies are awesome. If you have not seen Cars I suggest you watch it in Blu-Ray! But isn't Avatar mixed CG and real actors?

dkc485

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Greenwood
    Hey those CG movies are awesome. If you have not seen Cars I suggest you watch it in Blu-Ray! But isn't Avatar mixed CG and real actors?

Most animated movies are meant for children. Avatar, however is a more adult theme. It was made using CG and live action because they couldn't have pulled off its graphics and scenery to the same effect otherwise

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My son and I saw it Friday evening in 3D....animated yes...cartoon no!...Go see it and don't bother with watching on line. The 3D graphics are great.

There are also a few guns in the movie. It may not be the best movie of all time but it is great entertainment....:popcorn::popcorn:

M107

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Noblesville
    Wow! The special efects are great and full of action. A must see in 3D! I went with my brother and now my wife has decided she wants to see it and I'm taking her to see it Christmas Eve.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    not trying to sound rude I just don't get grown men watching animated movies.

When I first heard of the movie "Avatar", I thought they were talking about a movie version of this:

avatar__the_last_airbender08-12-23.jpg

Kr_Treefrog2 explained that it was totally different. Maybe you're thinking the same thing I did? :dunno:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

1940 called, they're holding your movie for you.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Went with Kr_Treefrog2 on Friday to the IMAX version. Stunning imagery. Amazing artistic effort. The imagination that the artists had to create an entirely new world was impressive.

Yes, it's a combination of live action and CG. Kind of a 'Fern Gully' meets 'Aliens' sort of thing.

Has a strong 'environmental/mother earth' message but also a morality message about imperialism.

For the gun person, there is some heavy futuristic military equipment and big automatic weapons. :rockwoot:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    well I guess I'm just not into it:dunno: I think my kid ruined me on animated stuff.

I'm right there with you. I guess maybe because the last gaming system I owned was an original Nintendo that I found in the ceiling of my baracks room in 1996.

I'm sure these guys loved the movie.
    653.jpg

What's this dude buying, Yugi o cards?
    627.jpg

Top Bottom