Availability of ammo, .22lr specifically.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Went to my LGS here in Argos the other day. $25 for 50 Remington. I told her that I would wait, she said that this was the new normal price. I said that it looks like I will start loading and shooting something else. Oh and the had a WASR-10 for the low low price of $1200. I laughed all the way out the door.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Went to my LGS here in Argos the other day. $25 for 50 Remington. I told her that I would wait, she said that this was the new normal price. I said that it looks like I will start loading and shooting something else. Oh and the had a WASR-10 for the low low price of $1200. I laughed all the way out the door.
    Well, if that's the new "norm", then when I run out of the .22 ammo I have, then I'll trade the 10/22 in on something I can afford to shoot, like a .17 HMR. :twocents:

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I have seen days when Wal-Mart got in a bunch of ammo, and it is still at the pre-madness price. I have found that different locations get their trucks in at different times and stock it at different times. Yesterday Plainfield WM got in 9mm, 40 cal, 45 cal, and some rifle ammo (not 22LR), and the Avon store got no ammo at all. It is very unpredictable. But they get a truck every day, usually about the same time. I keep checking and occasionally get lucky. Yesterday I bought 4 boxes of Winchester 9mm for $13.97 per box of 50.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have seen days when Wal-Mart got in a bunch of ammo, and it is still at the pre-madness price. I have found that different locations get their trucks in at different times and stock it at different times. Yesterday Plainfield WM got in 9mm, 40 cal, 45 cal, and some rifle ammo (not 22LR), and the Avon store got no ammo at all. It is very unpredictable. But they get a truck every day, usually about the same time. I keep checking and occasionally get lucky. Yesterday I bought 4 boxes of Winchester 9mm for $13.97 per box of 50.
    Whoa Nelly! That is a score for the 9mm.:yesway:

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I also managed to find one box of 22LR another day, Remington Golden Bullet, 225 rounds for $9.97 at Wal-Mart. So at least they have not raised their prices yet. I have to say that I spend more time checling Wal-Marts than I would like to admit, but it is better in the long run than paying inflated prices, which will help keep the prices high. I don't thinnk Dicks has raised prices yet, either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I was at the Walmart in Plainfield about two weeks ago when they were opening up a new shipment of ammo. Walked out with 4 boxes of Remington 9mm for 15/50 and two boxes of Remington Golden bullet .22 for 9.97. Thank the Lord they didn't have a box limit

jeffesaurusrex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    I've been able to get it every once in a while at a local gun shop here in Terre Haute for normal prices. I paid $18 and some change (tax included) for 250 rounds. He rations it out, if he gets bulk boxes in you can get one, 50rd packs you can have 250rds and 100rd packs you can have 200rds. I got some mini mags a couple weeks ago for $.07/rd also, and at one time he had the Blazer 500 or 525 box for $25.

Top Bottom