• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I've been reading up on tactical autoloaders and wanted to see what INGO has to say about them. I first thought about getting a Remington 1187 with an 18" barrel but then read that it won't cycle reliably with cheaper ammo. I definitely don't want something that has to be fed 00buck all the time. Next is the 1100 Tac4. I like this and have read some good things but not sure I want a 22" barrel.

What else can I look at?

Also, I'd like something I could put a field barrel on to shoot clays. Is this possible?

Ok INGO, teach me and tell me what you have.

:ingo::patriot:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Benelli ftw.

I think the "cheap" loads refers to lighter loads. My Benellis won't reliably cycle dove loads.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Feeds both 3 3/4 and 3" shells just fine.

alrighty then... :D

Nothing wrong with a 22 inch barrel, I think it is kind of short personally. I prefer a 26" with a 10 shot extension for HD. Also you can put a 28 inch barrel on the 1100. You can either leave the extension on or buy a regular magazine cap to replace it. My 1100 has run flawlessly through many, many rounds, I would guess the number to be ion the 5 figures range.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I've been reading up on tactical autoloaders and wanted to see what INGO has to say about them. I first thought about getting a Remington 1187 with an 18" barrel but then read that it won't cycle reliably with cheaper ammo. I definitely don't want something that has to be fed 00buck all the time. Next is the 1100 Tac4. I like this and have read some good things but not sure I want a 22" barrel.

What else can I look at?

Also, I'd like something I could put a field barrel on to shoot clays. Is this possible?

I have two BENELLI M1 SUPER 90, with 18.5 inch barrel, with extended mag tube, pistol grip, rifle sights. I still haven't shot them, but have been told, BENELLI is an E X C E L L E N T semi-auto shotgun:rockwoot:

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I wanted a semi auto tactical shotgun last year until I talked to a guy that works on shotguns. I was told that the semi auto shotguns that are left in the closet or at the bedside and aren't used on a regular basis, tend to have a lot more problems than pump shotguns. I was told if its used and cleaned regularly, semi autos are great. If you are the type to place it in the closet or under the bed and expect it to work at a moments notice, you might get a rude surprise. I know what type of gun owner I am. I bought the tactical pump!

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    As with any manufactured device that you rely upon, a semi auto shotgun for defensive purposes must be tested thoroughly. The ammunition must also be tested for reliability and suitability for purpose. That being said, a modern semi shotgun, in good condition and properly configured would be great for defensive use. I use Remington and mossberg, but there are several on the market that will work well.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    DSCF0458.jpg

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

What else can I look at?

You won't do better than a Remington 1100 or 1187. I've shot THOUSANDS of rounds of the cheapest stuff you can buy through my 1187.

The down side to the 1187 is, mine at least, you need to clean it throughly every 4-500 rounds to keep it functioning smoothly. Probably true for most semi-autos but I'm just guessing. It will shoot thousands but you'll get one every box or so that doesn't eject or something like that.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    You won't do better than a Remington 1100 or 1187. I've shot THOUSANDS of rounds of the cheapest stuff you can buy through my 1187.

The down side to the 1187 is, mine at least, you need to clean it throughly every 4-500 rounds to keep it functioning smoothly. Probably true for most semi-autos but I'm just guessing. It will shoot thousands but you'll get one every box or so that doesn't eject or something like that.

What length is your barrel?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Saiga 12... You can make it run what ever you want to run, and out of the box will always be 100% with any decent ammunition.

Top Bottom