• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Tomorrow When The War Began

Just watched it tonight on NetFlix. Anyone else seen this?
    Looks like the Australians were determined to beat the release of the new (2012 American version) of Red Dawn. This was released the end of 2010. I had never heard of it before. Not a direct parallel of Red Dawn but the premiss is the same. The Chinese invade Australia.

This one is told from the perspective of a teenage Australian girl. The girl is the apparent leader even though one of the male characters tries to lead. The girl also makes the first enemy kill. The first enemy kill also happens to be a girl. She also makes the second and third kills - enemy vehicles. Starting to get a feel for the movie? More than a few scenes of the girls talking about feelings. One of the little gab sessions allows enemy soldiers to sneak up on them. This movie is obviously to promote strong female characters from a female perspective.

To sum up, a group of teenagers fight a guerrilla war against an invading force.

Unfortunately it comes off as more of a odd movie than a action/drama.
    I give it a two out of five stars.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Tomorrow When The War Began

Just watched it tonight on NetFlix. Anyone else seen this?
    Looks like the Australians were determined to beat the release of the new (2012 American version) of Red Dawn. This was released the end of 2010. I had never heard of it before. Not a direct parallel of Red Dawn but the premiss is the same. The Chinese invade Australia.

This one is told from the perspective of a teenage Australian girl. The girl is the apparent leader even though one of the male characters tries to lead. The girl also makes the first enemy kill. The first enemy kill also happens to be a girl. She also makes the second and third kills - enemy vehicles. Starting to get a feel for the movie? More than a few scenes of the girls talking about feelings. One of the little gab sessions allows enemy soldiers to sneak up on them. This movie is obviously to promote strong female characters from a female perspective.

To sum up, a group of teenagers fight a guerrilla war against an invading force.

Unfortunately it comes off as more of a odd movie than a action/drama.
    I give it a two out of five stars.

Im a big red dawn fan. Ill have to download it and check it out.

Rep inbound

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I'll check it out. I tried to watch 20 years after last might and couldn't make it through 15 minutes of the movie. Seems to be a poor selection of movies on NetFlix.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'll check it out. I tried to watch 20 years after last might and couldn't make it through 15 minutes of the movie. Seems to be a poor selection of movies on NetFlix.

I actually think there is a very good selection of movies on NetFlix. Especially among foreign fair like English and Canadian TV series.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    It was ok kind of. Supposedly they're making a sequel, which probably won't be better, but hopefully will. This one ended right before anything really cool could happen.

Top Bottom