Aug. '09 Indy 1500: Cool and/or Unusual Finds or Deals?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Anyone have any good luck at the show?

I picked up a mint condition Ruger Single Six in stainless with beautiful grips for 300 bucks. Not a mark or scratch on it, nor a speck of crud. Looks like it had never been shot, or it at least had been cleaned well. I'll post pics soon.
    :rockwoot:This is my first wheel gun. I've been fascinated lately with single action Colt style guns. I almost picked up a Cimarron .45LC. Plainfield Shooting Supplies had two of them at the show for 419 bucks. They were GEORGEOUS! Thought I'd ease into single action with the Single Six, first.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    unusual/comical find- the bald guy who always sells homemade cherrybomb kits and "armor piercing .308" had a "M-16 full auto kit" for $150. I asked him if it was a trigger enhancement ala hellstorm 2000 or a real full auto sear, he said it was a full auto sear with other trigger parts. I then say you know a sear alone goes for ten grand? he leans over all salesman like and says I know I'm a class 3 dealer so I can sell these for cheaper. thats about the point I just smile and nod.:rolleyes:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I snoozed and lost. Minty looking S&W 2214 for $199.00. I had just started walking around and figured I would come back. It was, of course, gone.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I saw some interesting stuff that I wanted but nothing that was considered a good deal.

There was a guy there trying to sell over 12 HK P7's that were all NP3 chromed. He tried to say they weren't the recent imports from Lower Saxony, but when I looked at the slides I could still see the markings that proved other wise. Though he denied it when I pointed it out. I also saw an all matching Luger for $755, though it had been reblued.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    the what you say??????? who, when, where, and what was the story on these? Man, I wasnt looking for one, but that might have been to good to pass up!!!!!!

they looked like police tradeins to me, mostly first generation glocks. i saw a lot of .40s and .45s but not many 9s in the cases.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I snoozed and lost. Minty looking S&W 2214 for $199.00. I had just started walking around and figured I would come back. It was, of course, gone.

a few shows ago I saw a $199 S&W 9mm revolver I thought long and hard about. Still wonder if I should have gone back. But the whole star clip thing I am unfamiliar with.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    a few shows ago I saw a $199 S&W 9mm revolver I thought long and hard about. Still wonder if I should have gone back. But the whole star clip thing I am unfamiliar with.

Dang I wish Id seen that one, id have bought it in about 30 seconds. :D

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    The glocks were police trade-ins, mostly 22's and 23's. there were 3rd generation 22's, some with the marion county sheriff's star engraved on the slide. There were some 21's, 30's, 19's and 17's, mostly 1st and 2nd generation. Hard to beat for $325. I bought 2.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I posted this in Jay's thread about his new 1911...

But on my way out, I spied a GREAT condition Winchester '94 Trapper in .30-30 for $425.

I had it in my hands 3 times before putting it down and going home. :-(

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I got a very dirty, used Taurus Millennium Pro Stainless 9mm for $300...after cleaning it up real good, it looks practically brand new with no visible wear at all.:yesway:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Glocks for $325

The glocks were police trade-ins, mostly 22's and 23's. there were 3rd generation 22's, some with the marion county sheriff's star engraved on the slide. There were some 21's, 30's, 19's and 17's, mostly 1st and 2nd generation. Hard to beat for $325. I bought 2.

I think I'm going to be sick. Where the hell was this guy in January when I had $$$ in my pocket??

Pardon me while I go :wallbash:.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Regarding the $325 Glocks...you guys realize that GSSF members can pickup a standard new Glock for around $400...of course you are limited to one pistol a year.

I Love Bourbon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Speedway ish
    unusual/comical find- the bald guy who always sells homemade cherrybomb kits and "armor piercing .308" had a "M-16 full auto kit" for $150. I asked him if it was a trigger enhancement ala hellstorm 2000 or a real full auto sear, he said it was a full auto sear with other trigger parts. I then say you know a sear alone goes for ten grand? he leans over all salesman like and says I know I'm a class 3 dealer so I can sell these for cheaper. thats about the point I just smile and nod.:rolleyes:

Ummmm.... no "FA Sear" sells for 10k. I've sold M-16 fire control parts in the past, a full set of replacement parts for 50.00, the sear its self usually sells for around 10.00-15.00 each. You must be thinking about a "DIAS" or Drop In Auto Sear that's something totally different.

Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Danville

Anyone know who this dealer is/where they are located?

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Anyone have any good luck at the show?

I picked up a mint condition Ruger Single Six in stainless with beautiful grips for 300 bucks. Not a mark or scratch on it, nor a speck of crud. Looks like it had never been shot, or it at least had been cleaned well. I'll post pics soon.
    :rockwoot:This is my first wheel gun. I've been fascinated lately with single action Colt style guns. I almost picked up a Cimarron .45LC. Plainfield Shooting Supplies had two of them at the show for 419 bucks. They were GEORGEOUS! Thought I'd ease into single action with the Single Six, first.

Just saw this and am curious... What time did you go? Finding a stainless Single Six was the main objective of my journey to the 1500. Went both Saturday and Sunday mornings and didn't see anything but two over priced new ones. So I ended up spending my money on some other stuff (see my next post). What barrel length? If your ever interested in parting with it, gimmie a buzz! Congrats though... great find.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    My finds... As I am a devout Ruger revolver lover, I was pretty disappointed to see they were pretty scarce this time around, at least used ones(at the times I was there anyway). But on Sunday, I found me a nice Redhawk. Wasn't quite what I was after, but figured another one for the collection was fine by me!

PIC-0164.jpg

And, I was looking for a good pocket pistol and was about to grab one of the P32 Kel-Tecs for $229, but the dealer said he had a few in stock so I told him I'm gonna do one last round then I'll buy one. Sure enough, I stumbled upon a nice NAA Guardian .32acp and the stainless steel just glistened a bit more than the polymer...

PIC-0145.jpg

Top Bottom