• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    The show was surprisingly good, in my opinion. Got good deals on some stuff, and a ~16 year old girl showed me how to disassemble a gun. Embarrassing. :)

What is mine: Twin Yugo M57's, couple of cheap folder, and a morale patch.
    MjAxMS0wNy0xNiAxMi40MS4yNg.jpg

Anyone else?

soupy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Elkhart Co.
    I made the trip down after reading about the show on here. I bougth a set of leupold rings and bases for my t. c. contender and a ruger mk III hunter,LNIB with all accs. and extra set of rubber grips. Sorry d'nt know how to post pictures, not going to ask wife to help, if you know what i mean.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Very glad to hear this show was a success! I would have loved to have been able to go help support it, but I am still in the middle of moving :xmad:. Looking forward to the next one though

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I cant complain for $5, good way to kill a couple hours but I didnt see many deals. I did pick up a very nice belt for $35 a belt and an AK scope mount.

There was really only one gun shop that had any selection. Prices were ok, not bad and not great. The private collectors are flippin crazy on their prices. There was a guy on the South East corner of the building that was selling j frames for $525. Noting special, just run of the mill ones you can get for $329 at midwest right now and easily $400 or less anywhere new.

I was really hoping to be able to find some 9mm bullets for loading, but didn't see much if any.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I don't believe I'd have told that...:facepalm:
    In my defense, I was handling a gun for the first time, and like to think I'd have been able to do it unaided, but she offered to show me before I could try. I just thought it was a better sounding story in short form.

Nah, that's GREAT!! It just means there's a fine crop of shooterchicks in the next generation. Those are future "moms" you know... (hand that rocks the cradle and all that).
    ..but thanks for putting a positive spin on it. :)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I really doubt that this show will survive. Basically a very low attendance on both Saturday and Sunday. Most of the vendors I talked to late Sunday told me they didn't sell enough to cover their cost of doing the show let alone make a profit. Also, some of them indicated they wouldn't come back to this show. For the record, this was my 2nd worst show of the year with the Batesville show being the worst.

It's a real shame that this show was not better for the vendors because the facility was nice and the promoter was very professional and did everything a promoter should do. :twocents:

tge45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Allen CO
    The show was a fair mix of old and new. There didn't seem to be many people there and not many of them were buying. I brought home an old Colt and a holster.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I really doubt that this show will survive. Basically a very low attendance on both Saturday and Sunday. Most of the vendors I talked to late Sunday told me they didn't sell enough to cover their cost of doing the show let alone make a profit. Also, some of them indicated they wouldn't come back to this show. For the record, this was my 2nd worst show of the year with the Batesville show being the worst.

It's a real shame that this show was not better for the vendors because the facility was nice and the promoter was very professional and did everything a promoter should do. :twocents:

That's too bad to hear...

Waynetucky10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Gotta agree with Bradsknives, we were set up there, great organizers and venue,and really nice people to work with,but just a bad turnout and I just don't think most people had much money to spend.Hopefully the Fort Wayne show will be better, we'll probably set up there.I believe it's gonna be at the old K's merchandise Sept. 17th and 18th.They are new promoters, so gotta give them some time to get things right.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I get no respect when Knife Lady is in the house! , yes i did remember this, and forgot that it was Bradsknives that had it as his signature, but after meeting him, i remember know. Nice guy, and very nice knives.

Top Bottom