Sun. July 17th 9am-3pm

Admission:$5.00, 2 Day Pass-$9.00, Kids 12 and under-Free

FREE PARKING

zqdime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    is this show worth going to? Are there going to be many booths? how's it compare to a fort wayne show?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    is this show worth going to? Are there going to be many booths? how's it compare to a fort wayne show?

I also am compared to how many tables/booths there will be. Gotta love the free parking though!

This is a new promoter trying to get this show started. This will be only the second time he has done this show in Auburn. I can't tell you much more than that because this will be my first time setting up at this show. The promoter told me he had enough room for 500 tables thus the name Auburn 500 gun & knife show. The question is, can he get enough vendors to show up that would use all 500 tables? :dunno:
    BTW: A 500 table show would be consider a pretty large show compared to most of the shows around Indiana.

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    I went to the first one and was pretty happy with how much there was to look at. I think they have a ways to go to get to 500 tables but they are headed in the right direction.
    People complain all the time about the smaller shows but they can't and won't grow with out increased attendance. I hear people crabbing about the Ft. Wayne show all the time, but if the attendance goes up they would be able to attract more vendors. I have always found some deals at the Ft. Wayne show and always plenty to look at.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    The problem with the Ft Wayne show is the Mem. Coliseum manager does nothing to draw in new tables or inform new possible vendors of upcoming shows .I got this info first hand from a ex regular at the FWG & K show, also does not allow to bring in own tables ( last I checked,wants you to rent theirs) Found this out last time I was there & was helping out setting up.The old manager would bring in special interest promos ,back in the 80's or early 90's they had a rappeling team come off the balconies & also had a assault helicopter(cant remember type) & pilots talking to crowds outside. My opinion is that the Memorial Coliseum & promoters needs to do more to woo in more vendors to make it a better show.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    This is kinda like the chicken & the egg. The vendors need the attendance, & the attendees need the vendors. We know that one of the major hitters ( Bradsknives ) will be there, so give it a try. Cedar Creek Out fitters will also be there. If it is appropiate, maybe other vendors could let us know that you will be attending. I'll be attending Sunday, & will probably purchase a knife from the Knife Lady.

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    It was a decent show. A lot of used guns. Some new. Some accesories. Some decent prices. It only 5 bucks. So your not out much if you don't find what your looking for.

dowalker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Tampa FL
    I think I will make the drive up there this weekend. My Step son's place is one the way, so maybe stop and see if he wants to come too.
    Doug

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    The problem with the Ft Wayne show is the Mem. Coliseum manager does nothing to draw in new tables or inform new possible vendors of upcoming shows .I got this info first hand from a ex regular at the FWG & K show, also does not allow to bring in own tables ( last I checked,wants you to rent theirs) Found this out last time I was there & was helping out setting up.The old manager would bring in special interest promos ,back in the 80's or early 90's they had a rappeling team come off the balconies & also had a assault helicopter(cant remember type) & pilots talking to crowds outside. My opinion is that the Memorial Coliseum & promoters needs to do more to woo in more vendors to make it a better show.

This is normal for all gun & knife shows. Your vendor fee (also known as table fee) to the promoter is for tables, security and few other things.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone up for a meetup in Auburn?

To All,

I will try to make this show on Sunday.

How about a meetup on Sunday, either before or after you attend?

I would propose:

Who: All INGO members
    What: Meetup
    Where: Pizza Hut, 1116 W 7th St. Auburn IN (N to Exit #129 - Turn East)
    When: Sunday, July 17th 1130 - 1300
    Why: Why not? Oh yeah, show off what you bought!:D

This should give time for the early guys to hit the show then have lunch OR us late folks to head up, grab lunch THEN hit the show.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Doug

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I will be there helping my boss run his table, he's training me on FFL paper work. Feel free to stop by and say high, i will be at the Shull Machine & Firearms table. Just look for the really big guy with long hair, and a bunch of tattoo's. Hope to see you there on Saturday, we will not be set up Sunday, boss has other plans. Here's what i look like.
    California880.jpg

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    BTW, while you are at the gun show & in the area, visit Dekalb Co.'s other museums.
    Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum
    NATMUS behind ACD.
    Railroad museun in Garrett. Hours are 1-4 Sat., & Sun.
    Warbirds aircraft museum
    Open house at the Dekalb Co. airport, on Sat.
    I heard from a vendor that there are 360 tables.

Last edited:

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    We had a good time on Saturday, traded off 4 PCF lowers, and a complete rifle. Handed out a lot of business cards, and even had a meeting at the shop after the show. The attendance was low, but it was a great day out, summer shows never seem that busy to me.

Top Bottom