• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doug1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Crestview, Florida
    My buddy and I took a trip out to Buffalo Mine today on his 3-wheelers. The trail head is about 45 minutes North of Anchorage. The trip started with me pulling the starter rope off of my ATV, so it had to be pull started the rest of the trip. This was the first time I had ever used a 3-wheeler and it showed. I ended up flipping it 3 times going up some of the hills. We ended up going about 10 miles down the wrong trail and ended up at Jonesville Mine. Got a bit lost and ended up staying out there a few hours longer than I anticipated. Between getting lost and both ATV's cutting out constantly it made for a long trip. I still had a great time and can't wait to explore some more trails.

SANY0761.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

My buddy even got a grouse
    DSC02020.jpg

DSC02015.jpg

DSC02013.jpg

DSC02011.jpg

DSC02010.jpg

DSC02007.jpg

DSC02002.jpg

The worst flip of the day caught on video.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Holy cow!

The only thing more impressive than the scenery is that we're seeing proof of two actual "live" and functioning 3-wheelers! :D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I grew up on three wheelers. THose things can eat you quickly, but can also me a ton of fun.

Great pics and funny video.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Three wheelers are a blast. Anything can be dangerous if you don't respect it and have no idea of your own limitations. Those look to be similar vintage to my old one, '85 kawasaki. BTW, I bet that was a fun trip. Was this public land or does he own it?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Been riding 3 wheelers since 1978....an still riding them, buddy an I have a blast on them...they never should of banned them...people still get hurt on the quads, gotta know how to ride, just like anything else...I have had way more injuries on my quad an none on my 3 wheeler!!
    Your living my dream up their in Alaska! Awesome pictures! I'm sending my 3 wheeler buddy some of these pictures.....nice thing also about 3 wheelers, they are pretty light, an easier to get unstuck than a heavy quad, they float pretty good too!!! An can get around tight stuff an get great gas mileage.

GLOCK1982

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    PARKE CO.
    Amazing scenery. What made you choose a couple of older 3-wheeler for such demanding trip?? I am a big fan of them, but for a trip o Alaska? Looks like a great trip. Makes me jealous.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Glock1982...I think he lives in Alaska, an the 3 wheelers were his buddies?....I've got a 1984 200M 3 wheeler that still runs great, my dad was the original owner....gotta be great to ride Alaska!!!

doug1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Crestview, Florida
    Three wheelers are a blast. Anything can be dangerous if you don't respect it and have no idea of your own limitations. Those look to be similar vintage to my old one, '85 kawasaki. BTW, I bet that was a fun trip. Was this public land or does he own it?

This was public land. Old coal mine trials just North of Palmer Alaska.

Amazing scenery. What made you choose a couple of older 3-wheeler for such demanding trip?? I am a big fan of them, but for a trip o Alaska? Looks like a great trip. Makes me jealous.

I live up here so we took what we had. Those old 3-wheelers are on craigslist all the time for under $500.00. Not exactly the best ATV for these trails, but they're cheap.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Dang I miss Alaska. Been twice and really want to go back. Plans are to try to PCS there after my first stint in Louisiana. I have pictures of a bull moose chasing our rented Honda Civic in the suburbs of Anchorage, you just don't get that down here.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Heck i think one was a Big Red. The one with the front rack. If i remember right it has reverse and electric start. Been a long time since i've rode one of them. I remember my Brother had a 185 honda 3wheeler and mom rode it down to check the livestock at grandpa's and when she turned the corner the right rear wheel came off and she went into the drainage ditch! Ah the good old days. I hit the side of a barn once when i cut it to close running from my brothers. I'm surprised I made it out alive!!

Top Bottom