• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Myself, my buddy Brad (joined here as 270RemSniper...but hasn't ever posted), and MonterreyC6 went to Edinburg this afternoon to pull some triggers.

I hadn't been shooting since NFA day; and I hadn't had an opportunity to practice with my M&P for a little while, either.

Buddy had his XD-45, I had my M&P9c, Walther P99 in 9mm, S&W 642, and my Walther P22 + suppressor. Monterrey had his Colt Single Action Army 10" .22LR and his Sig 229 in .40 S&W.

It was nice to not only practice a little bit, but also relieve some stress. VERY nice to relieve some stress. Just wish I was able to practice "controlled pairs" there at Atterbury...

I still shoot my M&P a little to the left. I'm convinced that a sight needs drifted a bit to bring it into better alignment for me. I shot the Sig at point of aim...

I'll leave it up to MonterreyC6 to tell everyone that shot his Sig better than he did. :laugh:

After a while, we went down to the 50yd rifle lanes. Buddy wanted to shoot his Savage .22 rifle and I wanted to try out the Blackhawk recoil reducing stock on my 870.

While waiting to shoot, I noticed a guy wearing an Appleseed Rifleman patch. It was INGO member Unforgiven... nice to meet you.

Anyhoo, the few slugs I put through my 870...the felt recoil was reduced. It still kicked, but ZERO pain or discomfort afterwards. Didn't do anything to mitigate the muzzle rise upon firing, though. Oh well.

All in all, it was a good day. Glad I went.

-J-

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Any chance you where set up on lane 18 when shooting on the 50 yard?

I was shooting my ultra ugly SHTF hacked up M44 as you where packing to leave. Probaly just a couple hours ago?

It was a great shooting weekend for me. I started off by shooting Thursday at Crosley, 1500 show on Friday, shot at Crosley again Saturday, and finally Atturbury today.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Hey Big Hank

I was planning on going to Crosley yesterday but it was raining up here and I didn't want to drive an hour and a half on a chance. Was it busy? I usually try to get there right at opening time but sometimes weekends are crowded anyway.

Planning on Wednesday morning so the wife can go along. Weather is supposed to be pretty good.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Any chance you where set up on lane 18 when shooting on the 50 yard?

I was shooting my ultra ugly SHTF hacked up M44 as you where packing to leave. Probaly just a couple hours ago?

It was a great shooting weekend for me. I started off by shooting Thursday at Crosley, 1500 show on Friday, shot at Crosley again Saturday, and finally Atturbury today.

Nope...we were on #20. We left at 3:45 if I remember correctly.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'll leave it up to MonterreyC6 to tell everyone that shot his Sig better than he did. :laugh:

-J-

LOL, yes, you did shoot it better than I do, but I blame that on being some 7 years older and ALOT more used up! :D (I still can't get use to the stupid bifocal glasses!!!) It was a great time shooting with you and Brad, I'm looking forward to doing it again very soon!:ar15::ar15::ar15:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    LOL, yes, you did shoot it better than I do, but I blame that on being some 7 years older and ALOT more used up! :D (I still can't get use to the stupid bifocal glasses!!!) It was a great time shooting with you and Brad, I'm looking forward to doing it again very soon!:ar15::ar15::ar15:

Next time we'll have to utilize your ARs... I have 100 rds of 5.56 left from my NFA day preparations. Can't let that go to waste!

I don't know when I'm going to have time to clean those handguns, either. I think that I just need to MAKE time this afternoon...then go to the hospital later.

-J-

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Next time we'll have to utilize your ARs... I have 100 rds of 5.56 left from my NFA day preparations. Can't let that go to waste!

I don't know when I'm going to have time to clean those handguns, either. I think that I just need to MAKE time this afternoon...then go to the hospital later.

-J-

Sounds like a plan! I've got PLENTY of 5.56 that has been begging me to shoot! I still haven't cleaned mine, I'm hoping I get motivated to do it tonight. :n00b:

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    What's the story on the management change? I never particularly liked the way it has been managed although I know a lot was dictated by the state in the contract

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    I assume the contract $ etc. is the problem
    That's my guess also---I was invited and attended the test run and inaugural event for this range and had high hopes untill I saw how the state was going to run it--ie lease it to a private contractor---It was paid for with taxdollars and Pittman Robertson funds and should have minimal fees in my opinion---same as Eagle Creek Range.
    I'm pretty sure the lease involved only actual expenses such as utilities,range maitenance, RO's etc. but just couldn't see where anyone could make enough money to last.
    I'm curious as to what the State's going to do now as the DNR is really strapped for money.

Steve

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I read the sign about someone finishing out their contract as "Concessionaire", but in my tiny little mind, I read that to be the guy who re-stocks the vending machine.

Guess I was way off on that one, eh?

-J-

Top Bottom