• Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Attb. pricing???

I have since lost the link, but when the new range plans were being formed the fees were posted and it was like a couple bucks an hour, no minimum, targets, ear plugs sold to just make a profit etc....

How it turned into what it is today..... ??? Thats why I dont want our govt. running the health care system!!!

People should boycott the range and send mass emailings, phone calls and letters to the DNR about the over inflated prices of our range that was built with our tax dollars!!!

Im glad that I have been a member at The Martinsville Consv. Club since the '80s..... I fish at Attb. but I refuse to pay to shoot there.

:popcorn:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Yeah, and the place was a dump and you were as likely to get shot by your neighbor as the targets were.

Granted, the place was, shall we say, "unimproved." ;)

I never had a problem w/safety, however. Whenever I was there (which was not infrequently), the folks on the line did a good job watching out for each other. Maybe I got lucky or the situation deteriorated over the years? (I moved a way circa '98.) I don't know.

But, I'd gladly go back to how it was then over what it has become.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm under the impression that the DNR no longer controls/manages the range... That it's now a private venture?

Of course, I'm probably incorrect.

avond47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Seymour,IN
    There's a place in Jennings County called Crossley and its free all year round. All you have to do is sign a waiver card. Thats where I go when there is nowhere else to go.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    The last few times I went to Atterbury after they "made it better" were absolutely no fun I left halfway in and told the guy at the counter I'd never be back again. I always go to wilbur wright in Newcastle now, free range, lots of nice people, nice open spaces with nature trees ect, and no concrete bunker. Not to mention the range master is a very nice guy.

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    There's a place in Jennings County called Crossley and its free all year round. All you have to do is sign a waiver card. Thats where I go when there is nowhere else to go.

This is where I go. Its not a bad place to shoot. It can get crowded sometimes but its still better than alot of ranges.

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have since lost the link, but when the new range plans were being formed the fees were posted and it was like a couple bucks an hour, no minimum, targets, ear plugs sold to just make a profit etc....

How it turned into what it is today..... ??? Thats why I dont want our govt. running the health care system!!!

People should boycott the range and send mass emailings, phone calls and letters to the DNR about the over inflated prices of our range that was built with our tax dollars!!!

Im glad that I have been a member at The Martinsville Consv. Club since the '80s..... I fish at Attb. but I refuse to pay to shoot there.

:popcorn:
    Glad to see other people finally standing up. When they upped the prices the first time we were complaining. Their reason for the increased prices the last time was that people were shooting up there target bases and baffles and stuff...... DUH.... Don't you have a range officer there! That should be part of what he does, stop that from happening.
    Prices went up anyway.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The hourly rate drop is great news. Last time me and wife went there when EC was closed, I think I forked out $37 or $38 for the two of us, two lanes (they don't count two people shooting on one lane as single usage), for two hours (minimum required). Now it's more attractive to me, if I got an itch that must be scratched (or when gas price makes the 50-mile drive seem cheap to me)... :)

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club is only like 40 bucks a year (45 for family membership) w/1 dollar range fee (all day) but they do have a one time orientation fee of ummm I cant remember but I am thinking it was around 95 bucks for the first year membership when I joined or something like that.

Anyway I've been a member at FCVCC for 7 or 8 years and I really like it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well hell, I'm looking for a good place to sight in my AR and shoot my .30-30 on Sunday. I have no money for a membership this month, but I really like Riley.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom