• Status
    Not open for further replies.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Atterbury has a lot of new shooters that don't have range smarts,so the range is run with this in mind.

they need to run it with the right way in mind...

they way they have it set up,,,you need two benches,,,one in front and one in back,,,and you have to remember what you put on each bench and what you have to shuttle to each bench... its amateur hour... and a way for safety nazis to get their rocks off...

I myself would rather have a few extra rules in place for them and everyone else to follow.

i wouldnt... this whole idea of ---extra rules for safety--- is dumbing down and killing the country... there aint no end to extra rules for safety...

the ro is supposed to walk the line and watch the shooters to make sure no hands go on guns or mags... what else is he there for??? whats he doing???

i dont like my experience being dumbed down for people who havent been taught the right way... and i dont like heavy rules in place that teach new shooters bad ways to run a range... these shooters then go bringing their bad ideas with them to other places...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    practice is fine,,,but they dont hand out trophies for practice...

things get serious and real when people keep score...

Who said I wanted trophies? I could care less about some piece of plastic and fake marble. It's not life or death, it's a hobby. I have done enough qualifying in the Military. I know what my capabilities are.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    :wow:

kids these days...

let daddy show you what real shooting is...

scope...

Gun-Ho-pistol-box-GHCSE-4.jpg

lenses...

jaggi.jpg

Wow! I need to call up the Commandant of the Marine Corps and tell them my three Rifle Expert and 3 Pistol Expert Badges don't count because all I had to shoot with was an M16 and an M9! They need to retrain all Marines ASAP!

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Who said I wanted trophies? I could care less about some piece of plastic and fake marble. It's not life or death, it's a hobby. I have done enough qualifying in the Military. I know what my capabilities are.

wrong attitude... its a gun,,,so it is life and death,,, be it for self defense or hunting...

plus,,,if its worth doing,,,its worth doing well...

i see nothing wrong with trying to hit the ---x--- every time... knowing how to be accurate gives benefits in everything else you shoot...

ever see an air rifle x ring??? its a dot... that military grid sheet qualifying and poppers aint gonna get you shooting dots... shoot like the AMU,,,theyre great...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Wow! I need to call up the Commandant of the Marine Corps and tell them my three Rifle Expert and 3 Pistol Expert Badges don't count because all I had to shoot with was an M16 and an M9! They need to retrain all Marines ASAP!

You are a naughty Marine. Guess I need to forget everything I ever learned in the Military myself. Damn government can not train for crap! :rolleyes:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, you are really going on a rant because you don't like sitting your targets on a different table than your rifle sits on? There are picnic benches behind the safety line and if those are taken, just sit the stuff on the ground. There are 50+ lanes at Atterbury and if they had to hire enough ROs to watch what everyone was doing on the bench, it would cost a lot more than $3 per half hour they charge now. A typical Saturday in the summer sees the majority of the lanes in use with multiple users per lane. The way they run it lets everyone go home happy, with the exception for the occasional guy that thinks everyone should recognize him as an uber expert and let him do as he wants.

It really is pretty simple. Leave the guns on the shooting bench and bring the target back behind the yellow line. If you want to see your target either walk out and look at it or wait until the range is hot and use the scope on the shooting bench. It really is that simple. The range is cold for maybe 5 minutes and keeping from messing with anything on the bench while its cold should not be too difficult for an adult.

The ROs at Atterbury are good folks and if you forget your target on the bench, they'll generally either grab it for you or let you if you ask first. They cannot tell who is a moron until they do moronic stuff and the rules are in place to prevent that. Remember, even Barney Fife thought he was hot stuff.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    wrong attitude... its a gun,,,so it is life and death,,, be it for self defense or hunting...

plus,,,if its worth doing,,,its worth doing well...

i see nothing wrong with trying to hit the ---x--- every time... knowing how to be accurate gives benefits in everything else you shoot...

ever see an air rifle x ring??? its a dot... that military grid sheet qualifying and poppers aint gonna get you shooting dots... shoot like the AMU,,,theyre great...

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

I really wish they would let you run through a Military qualification one time!

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    :twocents:

I've been to Atterbury seveal times and I agree it's a nice place.:yesway: I have to say one RO I do not care for. His favorite phrase is "LISTEN UP"! Several times he has handled my firearm even though it was an H&R, broke open with the EMPTY breech in FULL view, pointing down range. One time he removed a flag from the breech of my HP carbine. I though that was the whole idea of a flag.:dunno: Run the range as you see fit but keep your damn hands off my firearms.:xmad:

A buddy was sighting in his BRAND NEW 10/22. It was sitting in plain view with the bolt locked back and the magazine removed. He picked it up by DRAGGING it across the bench to look into the breech, and then halfway dropped it back onto the bench all the while putting a nice scratch in the BRAND NEW STOCK. MY buddy was LIVID!

Again run the range as you see fit, but keep your DAMN hands off peoples firearms. If you want to see something, ASK THE OWNER!

Rant over.:rolleyes:

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis

what are you talking about??? the national matches are shot with the AR15/M16 and the 1911/M9... these are what the service teams train with...

heres a good M9---

National Match M9 | Mountain Competition Pistols

heres what they say---The MCP M9 starts with a M9 pistol and we basically throw away the majority of the standard parts.

you got one of these pinned on???

marine-corps-distinguished-pistol-qualification-badge_380260750922.jpg

this is the one that gets top bragging rights...

Marine Distinguished Shooters Association

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    It really is pretty simple. Leave the guns on the shooting bench and bring the target back behind the yellow line. If you want to see your target either walk out and look at it or wait until the range is hot and use the scope on the shooting bench. It really is that simple. The range is cold for maybe 5 minutes and keeping from messing with anything on the bench while its cold should not be too difficult for an adult.

wrong answer...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Machete, let me ask you some questions for some clarification. What kind of matches do you shoot? Do you shoot with factory firearms, or are your firearms modified? Do you shoot from a stationary position? Or do you lay prone, kneel, shoot from behind barriers, etc? Do you shoot using iron sights, or do you use scopes/optics? Why do you need all those fancy a** lenses for?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    even after everything you said was totally proven to be lacking firearms knowledge you still say this???

Please tell me how I'm lacking firearm knowledge. You keep saying everyone is, but yet you have said nothing to prove otherwise. People do not agree with you, so they are automatically wrong.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    they need to run it with the right way in mind...

they way they have it set up,,,you need two benches,,,one in front and one in back,,,and you have to remember what you put on each bench and what you have to shuttle to each bench...

"Two benches". WTF are you talking about? If you're such a big-time ace "gunsman", what do you need two benches for? Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and set up your own range operation so that the rest of us can see exactly what a "professional" range you can operate? Meanwhile, knock off your drivel regarding Atterbury and go do your shooting somewhere else. You and your $6/hour really won't be missed, nor will your opinions.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Save your time U.S.P. This guy has his head up and locked and there is no way he can even perceive being wrong. I'm guessing he's not a sharp as his screen name.

I'm thinking that you've just about summed it up, 88E. Whoever this jacka.. is, he's obviously Hell-bent on impressing someone (who, I don't know), and I'll be damned if I know just why he has such a hard-on for Atterbury (unless Buzz or Frank pointed out to him just what a dip-s... he is), but I, for one, am finished with reading or responding to his crapola. Let him go play cowboys and Indians, play with himself thinking about Camp Perry (if he even knows where that is), and having wet dreams about being the next Vasily Zaytsev.

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    they still have some scronny guy there with facial hair, mid 40's, that is a deusch bag. he can kiss my ass. he likes to finger **** your guns. i told him to stop last time i was there with another INGO member and friend of mine.

This is why i refuse to go shoot at Atterbury. The range officers think they can just go and grab your firearms and then carelessly set them down however they feel like it.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    "Two benches". WTF are you talking about? If you're such a big-time ace "gunsman", what do you need two benches for?

you dont know much about guns gear or shooting...

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and set up your own range operation so that the rest of us can see exactly what a "professional" range you can operate?

good ranges already out there

Meanwhile, knock off your drivel regarding Atterbury and go do your shooting somewhere else. You and your $6/hour really won't be missed, nor will your opinions.

do you speak for the range??? if you do,,,who are you so i can tell dnr??? if not,,,keep your piehole closed... this really aint none of your business what i think of the place...

Last edited:

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Please tell me how I'm lacking firearm knowledge.

how many times do i have to tell you over and over what the right way is only for you to keep being stubborn about things you dont know and have never seen???

you show me that you dont know much about shooting by asking me really silly questions and not knowing what real gun gear and shooting method is...

until today,,,youve never even seen or heard of a set of jaggis

then,,,you want to tell me that i dont know what im talking about...

:wow:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom