• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Ssgsa - Awesome. Thank you for your service. If you are suggesting that was your reason for skipping Sunday you missed out. We didn't do any of that.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Sooooo. the Vector PDF file? I have it but it is simply a pic of the target. I'm glad I have it, thanks, but I don't see a black square on it to establish a scale.

Does anyone still have the black target they pulled down from the pits that they could measure and get dimensions off of?

Also, this is IMO very timely. Travis Haley has a great video about combat zero's. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/300478-travis_haley_combat_zero.html

I don't know what everyone else did but I only had gross elevation adjustments on my fold up iron sights so I took advantage of the 300 yard zero and holdover information the entire weekend.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I have one in my closet. give me a few minutes and will take some dimension and post them here

Sooooo. the Vector PDF file? I have it but it is simply a pic of the target. I'm glad I have it, thanks, but I don't see a black square on it to establish a scale.

Does anyone still have the black target they pulled down from the pits that they could measure and get dimensions off of?

Also, this is IMO very timely. Travis Haley has a great video about combat zero's. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/300478-travis_haley_combat_zero.html

I don't know what everyone else did but I only had gross elevation adjustments on my fold up iron sights so I took advantage of the 300 yard zero and holdover information the entire weekend.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Dimensions on the "D" target Army prone:
    26" wide base on the black silhouette
    18.75" tall to top of head
    9.5" from base to what looks like top of shoulder
    20" from center to center of shoulders

Clear as mud?:D

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    After the first AQT on day 2 we met at the Wolf tent to talk to CJ. 3 Of us got Rifleman scores and someone took pictures of us standing with CJ. Anyone have those pics? I would REALLY like to have a copy if it is as easy as attaching them to an email.
    Edit: email address removed, I have it now. Thanks.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    After the first AQT on day 2 we met at the Wolf tent to talk to CJ. 3 Of us got Rifleman scores and someone took pictures of us standing with CJ. Anyone have those pics? I would REALLY like to have a copy if it is as easy as attaching them to an email.
    Edit: email address removed, I have it now. Thanks.

Hey, I'd like that picture too since I was one of the 3! Send me a copy too please. :rockwoot:

Pale Rider

Expert
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Ok, now I don't feel so bad telling all my friends i out shot an active duty sniper last weekend.:p I'm envious to say the least.:bowdown:

Ha, don't feel bad at all you killed me last weekend! I'm a guardsman though not active duty, I'm a professional recruiter and worship pastor 28-29 days a month and a Sniper the rest. My section leader is a State Trooper, my shooter is a manager at discount tire, my security man is a handy man, we've got a college student, truck driver and full time guard guy. Like the farmers and shopkeepers on Lexington green we gather to train a few days a month to defend the country we love. We just happen to be fortunate enough to do it with some very nice rifles and optics. Are we highly trained? Yup. Are we the best marksmen around? Hardly. 99% of our job is getting to a place where we can take a shot and reporting what we see. But Doc I'm not diminishing what you did last weekend. My ability to adapt to something new wasn't good, which means I'm not as good as I thought I was...

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    " Like the farmers and shopkeepers on Lexington green we gather to train a few days a month to defend the country we love......99% of our job is getting to a place where we can take a shot and reporting what we see."- Pale Rider

This is really at the essence of what Appleseed is trying to accomplish at Atterbury. that is why everyone was asked to carry their gear all weekend. Finding out what it takes to get up and get out. This is why the Highpower shooter was asked to leave his trolley behind. The modern American is not ready to answer the bell and it has very little to do with the marksmanship side. Its the health side, the mindset side, the readiness side. Can you grab your stuff and walk out the door with no warning?

This is why everyone shook their head YES on Sunday when I asked if they understood what Saturday was for. It is because they didn't realize how unprepared they were, both in the marksmanship side and the other stuff, until it was held in front of them. For those of you that made it, wasn't Sunday a slicker day despite the rain? Imagine what our country would be like if just a few in every ten had a mindset adjusted so.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Ha, don't feel bad at all you killed me last weekend! I'm a guardsman though not active duty, I'm a professional recruiter and worship pastor 28-29 days a month and a Sniper the rest. My section leader is a State Trooper, my shooter is a manager at discount tire, my security man is a handy man, we've got a college student, truck driver and full time guard guy. Like the farmers and shopkeepers on Lexington green we gather to train a few days a month to defend the country we love. We just happen to be fortunate enough to do it with some very nice rifles and optics. Are we highly trained? Yup. Are we the best marksmen around? Hardly. 99% of our job is getting to a place where we can take a shot and reporting what we see. But Doc I'm not diminishing what you did last weekend. My ability to adapt to something new wasn't good, which means I'm not as good as I thought I was...

Pale Rider...that was a beautiful statement you just made. Thanks for your service! :patriot:

hickorystick

Plinker
    Jul 4, 2013
    Bedford
    Hey, I'd like that picture too since I was one of the 3! Send me a copy too please. :rockwoot:

I was one of the rifleman as well on sunday. I would love to have the pics of sundays rifleman also. If anyone can help me out with that it would be much appreciated. Thanks

hickorystick

Plinker
    Jul 4, 2013
    Bedford
    Hey Hop, I sent you an email to your personal hotmail account. They wont let me pm yet because I have not had enough posts. Take Care.

Top Bottom