• BaconGrease

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just received this e-mail from the DNR:

Weekends only at Atterbury public shooting range

The Atterbury public shooting range is now only open on weekends. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays, and noon to 5 p.m. on Sundays. Atterbury is currently seeking a new concessionaire to run the range. Until the role is filled, property personnel and volunteers are conducting weekend operations.

Established fees remain the same. The hourly rate on the rifle-pistol range is $7 for the first hour, and $5 for each additional hour. A round of trap or skeet on the shotgun range is $6 per round. Existing annual passes are being honored.

Cash or checks, with proper identification, are accepted. Credit and debit cards are not accepted. There are no concessions (merchandise, soft drinks, etc.) at this time.

Media Contact: Cary Schuyler, property manager, (812) 526-6552 or (812) 526-2051.

Hopefully whoever they get will be better than what they had before.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    I just received this e-mail from the DNR:

Weekends only at Atterbury public shooting range

The Atterbury public shooting range is now only open on weekends. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays, and noon to 5 p.m. on Sundays. Atterbury is currently seeking a new concessionaire to run the range. Until the role is filled, property personnel and volunteers are conducting weekend operations.

Established fees remain the same. The hourly rate on the rifle-pistol range is $7 for the first hour, and $5 for each additional hour. A round of trap or skeet on the shotgun range is $6 per round. Existing annual passes are being honored.

Cash or checks, with proper identification, are accepted. Credit and debit cards are not accepted. There are no concessions (merchandise, soft drinks, etc.) at this time.

Media Contact: Cary Schuyler, property manager, (812) 526-6552 or (812) 526-2051.

Hopefully whoever they get will be better than what they had before.

Any mention of people with existing annual passes? (will they be honored?)
    YES...see above:rolleyes:

Uconas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    you when they first opened the range back up after the remodel, it was great nice and clean but strick which is ok. but when you go to the range and pay for 2 hrs and get to shoot for about 45 mins in that 2 hr window. that kinda sucks ***. its every 15 to 30 mins they stop make you unload and show clear and stand behind the yellow line. i felt like i was ride a school bus again

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Has anyone heard that the folks that run Indiana Gun Club might run the range at Atterbury?

I was told by DNR personnel that four bids were submitted to be the concessionaire. I was further told that the RFP was published in the Columbus Republic, Brown County Democrat and Johnson County Daily Journal. Did anyone see this RFP in any of these publications? Can anyone scan and post the RFP if they still have a copy of any of these papers?

I am currently in the process of obtaining the RFP, and I will also obtain a copy of all four proposals.

Given that Mason's concession came from out of the blue and surprised the shooting community, I'll be keeping a closer eye on this round. I'm a bit annoyed that the place was built with Pittman-Robinson funds yet reopened to expensive rates. Let's hope that the new concessionaire is compelled to keep rates low. Let's also hope that the shooting experience improves. Last time I went, in 2008, I believe, it was quite a martial experience.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom