• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LUVn40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Hi all...I found the attached notice posted last spring at the check-in stations at Sugar Ridge FWA in Pike County. I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are about this. I've heard that other state properties have a draw system but this is a first, and probably not last, at Sugar Ridge. My feeling is that with so many hunters relying on state property on which to hunt, it's a shame that our access is being so limited. Would appreciate your thoughts.
    View attachment ATTENTION TURKEY HUNTERS.pdf
    I hope I attached this correctly as it appears a bit small.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Gotta do what we gotta do to ensure the resources are available and folks have a chance at a decent experience. I'd be curious to know if it is being implemented to prevent too many birds from being killed or to try and allow hunters a decent experience (not having someone calling every 50 yards through the woods). I spoke with someone at DNR last year about the bag limit for turkeys and the possibility of going to two birds per hunter in the spring. I was told they were waiting to see how many birds are harvested during the fall season(s) to determine if the population could handle it. I'd much rather be able to take two in the spring than one in the fall but I'd also love to see flocks of gobblers like I've seen in other states here in IN.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom