• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I posted a couple ideas of how to get even with the stand thieves yesterday and now I don't see the post. Could it have been deleted for being a little to severe?

Maybe, if you want to PM me the ideas feel free ;)

I'm likely going to do something today, and then just go to Mississinewa to go hunting for the rest of muzzleloader.

Crime will not be reduced until Criminals fear, I said FEAR, punishment!

Oh I agree!! That's why we've prosecuted anybody we've found dumping and or evidence of them doing so. It helped to have a County deputy as a neighbor ;)

bucmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A BUDDY OF MINE HAD CIGERETTE BUTTS AROUND HIS STAND. THEY WERE LEFT THERE DURING THE WEEK .WE WOULD FIND THEM ON THE WEEKENDS WHEN WE WOULD HUNT . HE LEFT A NOTE STATING THIS IS PRIVATE PROPERTY PLEASE DO NOT HUNT HERE. THE FOLLOWING WEEK HIS STAND WAS STOLEN. WE HAVE REPLACED THE STAND AND INSTALLED A WELL CONCEALED CAMERA . COME ON BACK MARLBORO MAN

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    yeah that sucks i had to work opening day of bow went out when i got off meet my brither and cousin at our woods we all walked back to our stands mine was the farthest one back and it was gone they thought i just couldnt find it but it was gone and then a couple weeks later so was are trail cam.

Hey there Cousin!! Finally registered!! Yaa... you were pretty damn ****ty when you walked back to my third stand it it was GONE....then you had to walk ALL the way back to the truck, just to get your climber! Oh well, tomorrow is gonna be a Great Day of hunting!! We aren't coming out of the woods at all!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm going to be putting up some more signs that say no tresspassing, and now the thought has even crossed my mind to put some spikes in their 4wheeler trail. ;)

Throw in a few of these.

Shotgun Alarm Signal Trip Wire

It's a device that fires a blank 12ga. shell when the wire gets tripped. Whatever you do, don't put one of those pepper spray shells in this and set if up next to your tree stand. :D

If I had my own land, I'd make wooded 2x4 stands just for the reason of preventing theft. Let us know if your nail strips work.

Last edited:

tom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    that sucks tto have to worry about your gear, hope you catch em and teach them a little lesson.probally young punks

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    Man that sucks! I lost a ladder stand on private property a couple years ago. And another got destroyed, by a 4wheeler none the less.... I feel your pain.

:+1: For the claymores

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I did a early morning hunt this morning in our woods with my ground blind since it would be warmer than sitting in the stand. Only to find out when I was getting ready to leave that I wouldn't of been able to use my main stand anyways..... someone had attempted to steal it but my cable lock stopped them. They got some of the pins out of the ladder and got the bottom of the ladder out of the ground where it had sunk in, along with unstrapped it from the tree, and took the brace that goes from the ladder to the tree. So currently the bottom of the ladder is off to the side, I guess it was stuck together thankfully, and the rest is hanging up there by just my cable lock. Thank God they didnt' have bolt cutters. I'm going back out this afternoon with a friend to take it down. And will get my other one sometime soon as well, its going to be a bit harder to work with. Needless to say I'm :xmad::xmad: and if I find out who did it, or catch someone down there well they won't like what they are going to see :draw:

This was on family owned private property, only a few people are allowed to hunt it, all close family or friends. And its invisible from the road, hard to see when walking by unless you know where its at.

To bad you didnt put a cam out, and see if they came back.Mine was stolen also.Nothing will make you madderthan that.

Top Bottom