• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    According to Fox 59 news, someone, walked into a gunshop, and wanted to buy 2 boxes of ammo, handed the clerk $40.00, and then pulled an UNloaded Revolver, and the clerk noticed it was empty, and pulled his own gun, and the would-be robber left, and the clerk still, had the $40.00.... So the store, actually profited from the attempted robbery .... Is that dumb, or what ?????

Last edited:

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    That would be about as dumb as trying to rob a FOP, or a Friends of NRA banquet. Bad odds! I would have kept the perp. for the popo though.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I imagine the would be robber at home, knocking is head on the table... "*#$% it... buy ammo, load gun, THEN commit felony! Why do I always forget step 2?"

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Don's guns in Greenwood...about 15 years ago...two guys walked in, shot the clerk dead, and robbed the place.

The clerk was fully armed. It's hard to overcome surprise, and a couple of morons with a rehearsed plan.

If memory serves me correctly, the shooter was bad guy with a lengthy record, and the kid with him had just turned 18. They're both in prison for a long long time.

Be vigilant.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    He handed the clerk $40 and then pulled an unloaded revolver??? Sounds like the Clerk robbed him...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    According, to Fox, 59 news, someone, walked into a gunshop, and wanted to buy 2 boxes, of ammo, handed the clerk, $40.00, and then pulled, an UNloaded, Revolver, and the clerk, noticed, it was empty, and pulled his, own gun, and, the would-be robber left, and the clerk, still, had the $40.00.... So the store, actually, profited, from the attempted, robbery .... Is that dumb, or what ?????

This post reads like Captain Kirk said it. ;):D

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    a friend lives in north carolina and had a newspaper article about a guy who robbed a gunshop with a knife!:laugh:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Don's in Greenwood is where that happened like 10 or 11 years ago.

Ask the owner of 500 guns why he has a buzzer on the door and has to let you in.......

15 or so years ago he had an attempted robbery, two guys came in, took is H&K P7 from him tried to kill him with it and couldn't figure it out, knocked him out, put him in a closet.

They went on to start to rob the place, and he took out his back up and shot them. If I remember he killed one of them.

Mike over at Pop guns had an attempted one in the old store, and fired several rounds at them.

Plainfield had a truck try to drive in the front entrance one night couple years ago, Bob and crew had to stay over night armed with AR's because the door was destoryed.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Reminds me of something I saw on Dumbest criminals on TV. A guy goes into a gun store to rob it and is shot by not only customers who were carrying, the employee, but also the police officer who had his unmarked car out front and the crook was seen on camera walking around it on the way in. Frickin morons!!

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Don's in Greenwood is where that happened like 10 or 11 years ago.

Ask the owner of 500 guns why he has a buzzer on the door and has to let you in.......

15 or so years ago he had an attempted robbery, two guys came in, took is H&K P7 from him tried to kill him with it and couldn't figure it out, knocked him out, put him in a closet.

They went on to start to rob the place, and he took out his back up and shot them. If I remember he killed one of them.

Mike over at Pop guns had an attempted one in the old store, and fired several rounds at them.

Plainfield had a truck try to drive in the front entrance one night couple years ago, Bob and crew had to stay over night armed with AR's because the door was destoryed.
    Shema's Sports (? on exact name), closed now, up in the Region had a guy walk in with a single shot shottie (not sure of gauge) a few years ago. Jim dropped down and popped back up with a .40 and popped the guys kidney.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country

I avoided that place like the plague since it had bars and tinted windows. Then I was desperate to find some ammo and went in, good golly. Probably one of the coolest gun shops in Indy. Great place, the exterior just looks creepier than all heck. :yesway:

Top Bottom