• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • papa6x

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Drawing my sidearm would not have been my first choice for multiple reasons.

Might hit the child
    Wounded scumbag says he was just protecting kid from falling out of the cart.
    Probably wouldn't have time to access what's beyond my target.

Mess with my Grandkids and Poppy will rip your head off!

What he said

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    There are few situations where I could possibly justify "getting medieval" on someone's ass, but yes, this is exactly one such situation.
    Heaven help anyone I catch attempting to do that, be it my own kid or someone else's.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Someone would need EMS stat. After they were out of the hospital, IF they were out, they'd get to not only meet Bubba, but have a slumber party as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are few situations where I could possibly justify "getting medieval" on someone's ass, but yes, this is exactly one such situation.
    Heaven help anyone I catch attempting to do that, be it my own kid or someone else's.

I feel the same way.
    If I were lucky enough to be in the area and dip **** came running he would be detained. And detained some more. And then restrained as needed.

Children should be safe. Period.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I feel the same way.
    If I were lucky enough to be in the area and dip **** came running he would be detained. And detained some more. And then restrained as needed.

Children should be safe. Period.

I'm with you CM. Zero tolerance for this kind of stuff. I doubt I would draw either, but man I'd detain him until my hands would need buckets of ice and he was chewing his almonds.

Bandsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Pike County
    This has been on Facebook last week, and police indicate it is a hoax. No such report made to Owensboro police, and no one at the Sam's store have any knowledge of such an incident.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This has been on Facebook last week, and police indicate it is a hoax. No such report made to Owensboro police, and no one at the Sam's store have any knowledge of such an incident.

Yeah... that's what I was thinking.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I did a Google search and found an account of what the original Facebook post was and what the police and Sam's did to investigate it. It looks like they did their due diligence and that this was a hoax, as noted above. I'm choosing not to post the link because it contains the woman's name. I just feel like be part of spreading that.

I'm thinking the niece needs a new babysitter.

I know I'm as cynical as they come, but the story never made sense to me.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

It was actually posted the day before I started this thread.

I was not read the full story by the wife, only a summary.

But yes, there are some medical issues with the person involved that posted it on facebook and the niece definitely has a new babysitter.

Still doesn't really matter to this topic, as it was a hypothetical situation that I posed for your thoughts.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    IMHO, this scenario is about as possible as aliens or zombies. Which are also fun to think about.

Frankly, a more plausible scenario - that actually happens a couple times a year - would be if you observed a pregnant woman being kidnapped so the kidnapper (usually another woman) could take the baby.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    IMHO, this scenario is about as possible as aliens or zombies. Which are also fun to think about.

Frankly, a more plausible scenario - that actually happens a couple times a year - would be if you observed a pregnant woman being kidnapped so the kidnapper (usually another woman) could take the baby.

I'd say a more likely scenario would be it happening outside of the store while an individual is busy putting groceries up, no? Do children not get kidnapped in this manner? (I really wouldn't know)

And don't rain on my zombie scenarios....it COULD happen. Actually aliens might be more likely....something to think about:tinfoil:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'd say a more likely scenario would be it happening outside of the store while an individual is busy putting groceries up, no? Do children not get kidnapped in this manner? (I really wouldn't know)

And don't rain on my zombie scenarios....it COULD happen. Actually aliens might be more likely....something to think about:tinfoil:

Trying to be sensitive to what's going on with that missing toddler, but stranger child-kidnappings are exceedingly rare. From a public place, even more rare. In my "experience" and reading, at least.

Putting groceries away? More likely to get robbed/carjacked.

Shopping? More likely to get purse stolen/pickpocketed.

I'm all for mental preparedness, but some scenarios are really nothing more than daydreaming. (Thank God.)

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It was actually posted the day before I started this thread.

I was not read the full story by the wife, only a summary.

But yes, there are some "medical issues" with the person involved that posted it on facebook and the niece definitely has a new babysitter.

Still doesn't really matter to this topic, as it was a hypothetical situation that I posed for your thoughts.

Just a gentle reminder that mental illness is what started the hell the McMartins went through with their preschool! One deranged womans accusations and an entire family locked up for years without bail.

My mother always thought they were guilty because "kids don't lie about things like that" and the fact that it was in the news every day, all the time.

If it were true I would start by yelling bloody murder and to stop the guy, but we must all be careful that righteous nature to defend the weak and defenseless doesn't turn us into a tool for the mentally challenged.

Regards,

Doug

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    You try and kidnap my kid...
    maxpayne3-wallpaper-1920x1080-yuiphone-clean-up-on-aisle-1-1024x576.png

Attachments

• maxpayne3-wallpaper-1920x1080-yuiphone-clean-up-on-aisle-1-1024x576.png
      maxpayne3-wallpaper-1920x1080-yuiphone-clean-up-on-aisle-1-1024x576.png
      238.8 KB · Views: 1