• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    If you have problems with people jumping your fence, leaving some boards with nails sticking up, laying around will sometimes help break their fall

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Might have already been mentioned, but it might be worth buying a few ADT, Vivint, Guardian, etc. signs (you can get them online at a few different sources, even Ebay) and prominently displaying them where they can be seen by people approaching the entrances to your house. Make it seem like you've decided to get a security system (even if you haven't). I wouldn't trust them to deter stupid kids from engaging in exterior vandalism, but it might deter actual burglary attempts. Motion activated lights are good, too. I think you already know what you might have to do if they are foolish (and dangerous) enough to actually try to break in while you are there.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Hi-Tek in sellersburg is a good place as stated before .
    Also give Rick Denny a call .
    He is the Training Officer with the New Albany Police Dept .

He offers Classes to the public

812-948-5300

Tell Him the guys at Orion sent you .

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    Thanks for the info guys. Seriously.

My father and I are going about figuring out a plan for when he goes back to work. We're going to be getting security lights and make sure that the alarm is set. I found a class I want to take, but I have to wait until my license comes in... other than that, I'll have to check with HiTek and a few others that have been mentioned.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Its important to set the alarm in Day mode even when you are at home and awake. The reason is, this may give you a few seconds advance notice of something is amiss.
    You should practice with the alarm exactly what you are going to do the second it goes off. Such as getting everyone into a safe room with a lockable door. Call 911, stay on the phone with 911 until the police arrive. Don't hang up. Have your weapon at hand in your safe room.

Until you can get trained, watch the Best Defense on Outdoor Channel on Wednesday nights.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I have not had time to read all of the posts. Ask your friend (officer) to see if he can tell his friends to give you some "extra patrol". We do this when people are out of town, having problems or the alarm is down. We use to have cards that showed when officers would be by their home. It wouldn't hurt. Best of luck.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    Its important to set the alarm in Day mode even when you are at home and awake. The reason is, this may give you a few seconds advance notice of something is amiss.
    You should practice with the alarm exactly what you are going to do the second it goes off. Such as getting everyone into a safe room with a lockable door. Call 911, stay on the phone with 911 until the police arrive. Don't hang up. Have your weapon at hand in your safe room.

Until you can get trained, watch the Best Defense on Outdoor Channel on Wednesday nights.

Thanks for the heads up. Actually took the time with everyone today and explained my feelings on everything. Alarm has been set constantly since this happened. And we have a plan.

I have not had time to read all of the posts. Ask your friend (officer) to see if he can tell his friends to give you some "extra patrol". We do this when people are out of town, having problems or the alarm is down. We use to have cards that showed when officers would be by their home. It wouldn't hurt. Best of luck.

That's what we do. Plus, apparently something happened to our neighbors up the road so there's always one nearby... Today we had one sitting in our driveway when we got home. He was watching the four-way stop by my house... tagged a guy too. Lol.

You guys are great.

Top Bottom