• ...and so much more!
  • IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    That is Disturbing

Reminds me of this music video by Justice...

WARNING!!! A little violent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU7bFpPJiww

That is disturbing... not necessarily because of the violence... but moreso using this kind of video to sell some mediocre techno music... What kind of message does this send to kids... Beating the crap out of cop because he's outnumbered? Great message!!! not

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'm sorry and I may be in the minority here. But if I see a group of a dozen gang members attack a single person, I'm going to help. A few years ago there was an attack on a honor student in Chicago by 7 gang members. That honor student died. People just stood by and watched, that is just incomprehensible. I'm going to voice my concern and try to stop it at a distance. If they turn and approach me, then I will use any and every option available to me to stop the threat. If that means popping a cap or mowing them down with whatever I have, that's what I'm gonna do.

If the victim died and I done nothing to help, I couldn't live with myself. If I was arrested, because I helped. Convicted or not, I would have an easier time living with myself because I felt I did the right thing.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    A person is justified in using reasonable force:draw: against another person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force

Indiana Code 35-41-3

So where's the argument?:dunno:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    That is disturbing... not necessarily because of the violence... but moreso using this kind of video to sell some mediocre techno music... What kind of message does this send to kids... Beating the crap out of cop because he's outnumbered? Great message!!! not

It's disturbing on MANY levels. It just reinforces my opinion of why I carry.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    You can intervene without involving gunplay, people tend to forget that on gun forums.

And yes, I dont open fire when I see someone else getting a beating.... Do you?

The last fight between two other people that I got in the middle of, I was armed, but did I start shooting at people? HELL NO. I used ... wait for it......its a shocker....

My hands.

It.. worries me that this forum is full of people who would. But I guess they would end up in jail so that takes them out of the pool so to speak.

I'm happy that you are one of the people in this world who is able to do that. Good for you! Me? I'm 50 years old with three back surgeries and a heart attack to my name. Hand to hand is not necessarily an option for me, unless it involves a baseball bat.

Do I walk around like Charles Bronson looking for a gunfight? Heck no? But I, for one, am getting quite tired of punk kids being allowed to do crap like this and not face some kind of disciplinary action.

What's the answer then? I refuse to stand there and let innocent people possibly die because some punk kids--who are more than likely jacked up on something--beat and terrify innocent people. That's what I meant by it taking a village to raise an idiot my friend. It's a sad state of society when people will stand by and let other people get beat on because they are afraid of "legal retribution."

And I am quite offended by your comment about "the pool." You do not know me. I just spent 4 days in Plainfield Correctional Facility trying to turn around grown men who grew up in a society where someone did not stand up to them. (It was my 5th time with more to come.) I have a heart for those who have made mistakes, but they are there for a reason. They are living the product of their choices. If more of them had a genuine fear of retribution from the general public, they might just be around to keep their kids from going down the same path. It is a generational thing regardless of what anyone might tell you.

If I were to "assume" to know you, I would also venture to say that if it were one of your loved ones being beaten like that, with or without you being there, that you would take a different tone with guys like me who would do whatever he could to keep that from happening to them.

Last edited:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I think being rushed by a mob would justify a shoot, would it not? Those punks might start behaving a little better when after they see their buddy bleeding out on the ground.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Did you read the article? The some of these "teenagers" were in their 20s'.

They were "teenagers" in the same sense that the Handgun Control people claim that a certain number of "children" are killed by handgun violence each year, and fail to mention that their definition of "child" goes to age 24, and a good percentage of the "children" they aim to protect are gang members 18-24 years old.

Now I don't know about you, but I'm 53. If no weapons were involved, there would be no "fair fight" between me and ONE 18-24 year old gang member. I'd probably be dead, plain and simple, unless I got very very lucky. If I were faced with TWENTY FOUR gang members, I don't see an option.

Yes, I did read the article. I read the part that defined the members of the gang as ranging into their early 20's, just as I read the multiple instances where the author referred to the group as "teens". I'm not trying to say they're children; I certainly understand that a nineteen year-old "teen" is still an adult and a force to be reckoned with.

The point that I was trying to make (which I evidently didn't make clear enough) was that for someone my age (22) to draw a gun without fear of my life when assaulted by one teenager (or 24 year old) is legally a poor decision because I can (at least in Indiana) have my pants sued right off my ass for use of excessive force. Do I agree with this? HELL NO! But that is what America has come to. I was simply trying to show the difference between one teen (or 24 year old) and a group of teens (or 24 year olds) attacking someone of roughly equal age.

For an old fart like yourself, the situation would be different because (like you pointed out) there is a disparity of force between you and a teenage (or 24 year old) gang member. Disparity of force is a difference that would affect the outcome of a fight and it includes height, weight, physical condition, sex, age, and weapons.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    These pack attacks are becoming more and more common. Anyone who:
    #1: Lives in or visits a major metro area
    and
    #2: That major metro area has a 20%ish or so part of the population being lower income

would likely want to carry something that has standard magazine capacity of at least 12 rounds. I would also consider carrying a second magazine as well. I have been keeping a list of these pack attacks. They are becoming more and more common. They are either fights between kids, groups of kids attacking non-affiliated people in the area, or a huge shoplifting spree.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    As mentioned earlier MARTA is a criminal protection zone having a no weapons policy.
    Georgia Carry : An information clearinghouse for Georgia Firearms License issues and news » Blog Archive » GCO Asks Court to Reject MARTA’s Firearm Policy

I believe I'd be taking my chances violating that policy if I were a resident CCW holder in GA and using public transportation.

If approached by a group that just gave someone a serious smackdown and took thier wallet, I'd be making a quick assesment of what lays behind the approaching thugs, regardless of age. Someone approaching with proven intent to harm (any age) should be treated like the animal they are.

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Im very indifferent about this case. part of me says stay back and protect myself and everyone behind me, I can not be held responsible for the life of a stranger. Heartless to say but true. MY life is not in danger yet.

The other part of me says All I have to do Is yell something, And their attention just changed from the very unarmed person to myself, And my reasoning is now justified.

One thing people are NOT considering yet is the fact that this says GANG. a Gang that is willing to beat the crap out of some random stranger, and has 24 people in on this beating, is likely to also carry firearms. Me shooting at one of them could either:

A make them all run like little girls and help the situation
    OR
    B Make all of them draw their weapons, seriously out number me, and not only kill me when my 14 rounds are out, but everyone behind me in the gunfight. Then risking way more lives than the life of the one driver. Don't get me wrong, his life is valuable, But I can't confidently say I'm willing to risk the life of myself, my family, and everyone else over it.

It would all depend on the situation. It always does. If it was 3 or 4 gang members, Yes Bring it. Ill gladly chance your attention to myself, But that's a completely different situation than 24 members.

Most of us can't take them all on one magazine. Unless your walking around with your AR on a train. hmmmmmm.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Atlanta leadership will respond by getting a few billion more in federal block grants to help these misunderstood youths. Like it or not you're going to pay for it.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    OR
    B Make all of them draw their weapons, seriously out number me, and not only kill me when my 14 rounds are out, but everyone behind me in the gunfight.

The whole point of at LEAST one additional mag on your person. :yesway:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It would all depend on the situation. It always does. If it was 3 or 4 gang members, Yes Bring it. Ill gladly chance your attention to myself, But that's a completely different situation than 24 members.

Most of us can't take them all on one magazine. Unless your walking around with your AR on a train. hmmmmmm.

fn_five-seven_pistol.gif

With an additional cartridge in the chamber, the Five-seven pistol has a total capacity of 11, 21, or 31 rounds depending on what magazine type is used.[7

:whistle:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Im very indifferent about this case. part of me says stay back and protect myself and everyone behind me, I can not be held responsible for the life of a stranger. Heartless to say but true. MY life is not in danger yet.

The other part of me says All I have to do Is yell something, And their attention just changed from the very unarmed person to myself, And my reasoning is now justified.

One thing people are NOT considering yet is the fact that this says GANG. a Gang that is willing to beat the crap out of some random stranger, and has 24 people in on this beating, is likely to also carry firearms. Me shooting at one of them could either:

OR
    B Make all of them draw their weapons, seriously out number me, and not only kill me when my 14 rounds are out, but everyone behind me in the gunfight. Then risking way more lives than the life of the one driver. Don't get me wrong, his life is valuable, But I can't confidently say I'm willing to risk the life of myself, my family, and everyone else over it.

Interesting take on this. I think many of us are in the same boat as you--heaven forbid that I would assume though. :) But one thing the article did not state, was if these gangstas were armed with guns. Were they and that fact was suppressed?

Again, I would ask, if this is a weapons free zone, where were the appropriate general population protection personnel--either LEO or armed guard/hired gun kinda folk?

AND IF, there are no armed security or LEO on EACH AND EVERY CAR, then why is it a no weapons zone??? We have all heard the saying, "when guns are outlawed..."

DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    Sad to see some people not stand up to this type of crime. If "everyone" on the train would have fought back, the thugs would have likely retreated. I would be proud to stand up unarmed against these little sissies. If armed, i would have likely put a few down if I were in fear of my life or I felt someone else is in fear of their life. Rational people will only withstand so much before acting. Those who refuse to help will live in fear for the rest of thier lives. In this life there are heros and cowards. Which do you choose?

Top Bottom