ATI92 (Beretta92 copy) AAR *pics* UPDATE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Thanks for being the one taking the plunge with this pistol. Being a big fan of the Beretta 92 series it will be interesting to see how yours holds up. As long as they stick to the tolerances used by Beretta, it should be a great pistol.

I think they will be sticking to the specs per Beretta since they were MAKING them FOR Beretta.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Update!

Well I took the AT92 out to the range this afternoon for a little bit of testing. I ran about 50 rounds of 115gr through the gun and it ran flawlessly. I then ran about 20 rounds of 147gr through it and again there were no problems.

Next I screwed-on the suppressor and loaded a mag with the 147gr FMJs. Not one single problem! I probably ran close to 100 rounds of 147gr through the gun/suppressor combo and everything was great, not a single malfunction.

I realize that ~200 rounds is not much of an initial range test, but so far I am more than impressed. I was so giddy after seeing and hearing the gun/suppressor combo it was like I just got a new can! I really breathed some new life into this suppressor that I had "just lying around" and now I wanna go shoot it lots more! This is a really sweet shooting combo and I look forward to putting many thousands of rounds downrange with it. I can say that I definitely recommend the ATI AT92 pistol!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Well I took the AT92 out to the range this afternoon for a little bit of testing. I ran about 50 rounds of 115gr through the gun and it ran flawlessly. I then ran about 20 rounds of 147gr through it and again there were no problems.

Next I screwed-on the suppressor and loaded a mag with the 147gr FMJs. Not one single problem! I probably ran close to 100 rounds of 147gr through the gun/suppressor combo and everything was great, not a single malfunction.

Excellent. Plan on bringing 'em next Thursday. :)

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I think we only have 1 more of these left at the time being. They aren't even listed on ATI's website anymore, well the compacts are but not the full size.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I think we only have 1 more of these left at the time being. They aren't even listed on ATI's website anymore, well the compacts are but not the full size.

It is my understanding that Beretta put a stop (legally) to the re-branding and importation of these by MKEK due to patent infringement. Similar to HK putting the kebash on the GSG5...

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, Berettas have not exactly been known for their terrific triggers:): That said, the trigger is not gritty AT ALL but it is pretty long in DA, though not longer than the real Italian deal. I will hijack my dad's Beretta and fiddle with them side-by-side to get a good comparison going and report back. I hope to get to the range this afternoon to give the AT92 a whirl.

I've always liked Beretta's trigger on the 92 :dunno:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I shouldn't have sold this to you. My email box hurts from this. It's looking good and I hope I did you good on this one. (I told you so :draw: )

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I shouldn't have sold this to you. My email box hurts from this. It's looking good and I hope I did you good on this one. (I told you so :draw: )

I am pleased with the transaction overall.:D I went and shot another couple boxes of ammo through it today just because I like it so much. I really can't believe that this thing ran like a champ right out of the box...especially suppressed with a boosterless can.
    Sorry for causing pain to your email box:laugh:

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Forget CDNN. They are all gone and they said that they would not be able to get any more. They do have the shorter barreled Centurians left, however for the same price as of last Monday. The used Beretta 96s for $369 sure sounded tempting, but I just can not bring myself to introduce another caliber into my firearm collection.

Top Bottom