Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    First off.... who are you too judge anyone? I am not religious in any sense.. nor am I "atheist". I fall under the category of Agnostic. I come from a highly religious family, went to bible school, raised Baptist, and I caught flack growing up all my life for not believing. Remember one very important thing... Do not judge others when it is not your place to judge. If there is an almighty, then you'd be wise to leave all the judgment to him as you may have things you've done. As for the lawsuit or w/e in the world is going on.. Yet another example of what it wrong with this country.... The constitution clearly states that we should have religious tolerance. But, you have religion being pushed in government (separation of church and state), if you don't claim to be a *believer* like this guy who says "they are going to hell" then you are being persecuted for your religious beliefs- the exact same reason many left Europe and migrated here. My point here is this: Get over the fact that someone does not share your same beliefs and stop being bigots. As for the lawsuit (w/e)...they need to practice the same thing...don't like it? Then don't go....

Actually my quoted comment was just a glib remark. So feel free to unwad your panties.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Because I made a joking remark... you really need to lighten up. Posting on the internet isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things.

I am cool, calm, and collected good sir. Posting in the internet is just that.... typed words that can have varying opinions..... which are like a**holes.... everyone has one. If someone can not respect different opinions then they really have no business getting into heated discussions such as we are. So sir, I am leaving it at that.. I apologize if you took my words which ever way you took them, I apparently took your comment "cause they know they are going to hell" pretty literally as you being a bigot. If that was not the case then my apologies.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Does anyone here throwing around the word bigot, truly understand the definition? Or is it just the cool word to use when talking about "religious" folks?

Further more, what you call "judging" folks like me call accountability. Its what keeps real men walking the strong walk. If you have a problem being held accountable for your actions, the problem isn't with me the guy who calls it out.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am cool, calm, and collected good sir. Posting in the internet is just that.... typed words that can have varying opinions..... which are like a**holes.... everyone has one. If someone can not respect different opinions then they really have no business getting into heated discussions such as we are. So sir, I am leaving it at that.. I apologize if you took my words which ever way you took them, I apparently took your comment "cause they know they are going to hell" pretty literally as you being a bigot. If that was not the case then my apologies.

Well I am sorry you are so sensitive about the subject. If I hurt your feelings I apologize. I wasn't aware there was a heated discussion going on either. I completely missed that.:dunno:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    First off.... who are you too judge anyone? I am not religious in any sense.. nor am I "atheist". I fall under the category of Agnostic. I come from a highly religious family, went to bible school, raised Baptist, and I caught flack growing up all my life for not believing. Remember one very important thing... Do not judge others when it is not your place to judge. If there is an almighty, then you'd be wise to leave all the judgment to him as you may have things you've done. As for the lawsuit or w/e in the world is going on.. Yet another example of what it wrong with this country.... The constitution clearly states that we should have religious tolerance. But, you have religion being pushed in government (separation of church and state), if you don't claim to be a *believer* like this guy who says "they are going to hell" then you are being persecuted for your religious beliefs- the exact same reason many left Europe and migrated here. My point here is this: Get over the fact that someone does not share your same beliefs and stop being bigots. As for the lawsuit (w/e)...they need to practice the same thing...don't like it? Then don't go....

Since you brought up the Constitution an "seperation of church an state", you might find this read interesting. Or you might find it ignorant....?

WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - The Separation of Church and State

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well I am sorry you are so sensitive about the subject. If I hurt your feelings I apologize. I wasn't aware there was a heated discussion going on either. I completely missed that.:dunno:
    Success-Kid-INTERNET-SERIOUS-BUSINESS-300x300.jpg

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Since you brought up the Constitution an "separation of church an state", you might find this read interesting. Or you might find it ignorant....?

WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - The Separation of Church and State

I find the entire concept of "separation of church an state" ridiculous, especially since the "supreme court" to make a ruling on it. Then entire concept was to protect the church not the government. If it was to protecty the government "God" wouldn't be all over original government concepts. Further more it was never conceptualized to protect the general public from the government documents and icons that had "God-stuff" on or in them.

chefnick7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Monticello Indiana
    no you got that "bass ackwards" its to protect the government from the church. More of the founding fathers wanted nothing to do with the church than you believe. At least in government. If that were the case you would have catholic run states, fighting with baptist states arguing with Jewish states. Sounds like a good joke in the making at least.

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    The Constitution guarantees freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion.

If atheists choose to be non-believers, they have that right (and I will pray for them).

But they DO NOT have the right to deny Christians their right to openly display symbols of their faith, with the intent to convert and save other souls.

We Christians should not forget that Christ died so that ALL of us may be saved, including those who call themselves atheists. It is our duty to bring the Good News of salvation to them, but ultimately it is their choice whether or not to accept the salvation offered by Christ.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom