• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But how many children in this country have died because there was no orange on the barrel and the police shot them.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    David Codrea has a new update on the seizure of these toy guns, with video at the source. The local MSM is seemingly interested in going after the ATF on the issue. When will the ATF cave and admit that they are fools? Not likely to be anytime soon, judging by their weaseling.

via Gun Rights Examiner

"Why is ATF seizing 'toy guns'?" I asked in my Feb. 28 Gun Rights Examiner column. We were discussing the bureau's seizure of a shipment of 30 Airsoft-type guns—the kind that shoot plastic pellets—and an agent's claim that "with minimal work it could be converted to a machine gun."

KOINlocal6.com provides us with a follow-up. Go ahead and watch the video and we'll hook up on the other side.
    Reporter Alexis del Cid does a fair job summarizing the issues. One thing I do wish she'd given us, though, is the name of the "ATF spokesperson." Holding "public servants" personally accountable for statements and actions on their part that affect the public liberty is one way of making sure they consider such actions with care.

The thing that's immediately noticeable is ATF has gone into full weasel-word mode.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Boonies and Cloverdale
    It is true though they can easily be converted... I turned an airsoft rifle into a 22 caliber P90 fairly easy once using a 10/22... wasnt the original justification that they didnt have the orange tips? I dont feel like rereading atm but I remember them saying something about the guns in question not having orange safety tips

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    That video disgusts me.

What does he mean you should be looking for trouble if you leave the house with that airsoft rifle?

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    David Codrea has a new update on the seizure of these toy guns, with video at the source. The local MSM is seemingly interested in going after the ATF on the issue. When will the ATF cave and admit that they are fools? Not likely to be anytime soon, judging by their weaseling.

via Gun Rights Examiner

Just watched that video follow up... It is scary that the ATF is now saying this is a public awareness issue about airsoft guns. Anyone else feel us sliding full speed down the slippery slope?

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Hmmm...So if you are a young gang banger, you should just paint the end of your REAL gun orange and then you will have the drop on the cops, since they wont shoot at you because you have a "TOY" and then you can get the first shot off... :evilangel:

Top Bottom