• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    I hate to say it this way, but trust paperwork was 250 bucks and the tax stamp is 200. What is the big deal about going that route vs rolling the dice with a "brace" and getting thrown into jail? With the new e-file system took 30 days to process my last request

Adding NFA to your weapon is a big deal. You are playing in a whole new realm. Can't cross state borders, keeping it away from people not on your trust. Selling it. Etc. with a sig brace, it's just a pistol. Not an NFA bul l**** regulated item.

After reading that letter 2-3 more times the ATF didn't reverse anything. They are simply again saying that your AR15 lower needs to have 1, been transferred as a pistol and 2, not built as intended to be fired from the shoulder. Yes I "can" shoulder a sig brace, but that's not my intention, my intention is to wrap the Velcro around my wrist and use it as a brace. But when it is just sitting at my house and someone breaks into my house, I may not have time to properly secure the brace and may have to fire it free handed, 2 handed or really really close to my face.. That's why these laws are so dumb. It's all semantics. Stop enforcing these dumb laws, until someone use a firearm in a robbery or a murder why should the government even care? Hey US government. Stop being scared of me.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I am one of the guys who think intent has a lot to do with it. I did intend to build a pistol, I already have a SBR. I also intend on trying out a Sig brace as I have found out shooting an AR pistol well is not so easy, though it is fun. I may try many different ways to increase my accuracy with this pistol, but it is a pistol. I built it to COMPLY with laws already on the books about having a loaded pistol vs a long gun in your vehicle.

My intent is to comply with the law.

Got that ATF guys?

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    The fact that you already have an sbr makes your intent even more clear. In court when they say you bought it to make a rifle to shoulder, you can simply point out that you already paid for a tax stamp on a rifle to make it a legal sbr. So why would you shoulder that floppy arm brace, when you can shoulder a real buttstock?

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    Its simple If your going to build a pistol build a pistol Brace or No Brace .... However Don't Write a letter to the ATF Tickling The Crown Jewels by saying your building a Pistol with a Sig Brace to subvert their NFA Laws (IE Illegal SBR the person who wrote this letter was a complete and total fool and was being a Smart@$$ to the technology Divison)
    See kids.. Now that wasn't so hard Was it?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I did tell you all they can and will change their minds AFTER they felt enough people had bought them to make sure they'd ruin as many days as they could. Sig isn't offering a refund either. Looks like you either file, sell it or hope you don't get caught. You did pay cash for it, right? Ever make a post saying you had one? I'd say the majority of people who did buy one are crying now. Oh well. :)

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Well, I did tell you all they can and will change their minds AFTER they felt enough people had bought them to make sure they'd ruin as many days as they could. Sig isn't offering a refund either. Looks like you either file, sell it or hope you don't get caught. You did pay cash for it, right? Ever make a post saying you had one? I'd say the majority of people who did buy one are crying now. Oh well. :)
    Did you even read the letter? It's still perfectly legal to shoulder a Sigbrace.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    LOL
    did you read what they said? The brace isn't illegal. It's isn't even illegal to shoulder fire your pistol with the brace.
    All they did was smack down some idiot who wrote tem asking if he could build an sbr and use a sig brace a the STOCK. Of coarse not dumb ass << meaning he guy who wrote the letter.
    nothing has changed.
    people please quit writing the atf about these beaces.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

:ugh:

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    "If the device...is assemble to a pistol and used as a shoulder stock...this assembly would constitute the make of a rifle"

It doesn't say anything about intent. It literally says the use of the of the brace as a shoulder stock makes it NFA. That may or may not be valid, but that is what it says.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    "If the device...is assemble to a pistol and used as a shoulder stock...this assembly would constitute the make of a rifle"

It doesn't say anything about intent. It literally says the use of the of the brace as a shoulder stock makes it NFA. That may or may not be valid, but that is what it says.

If your using it as a shoulder stock, you have a SBR, if you shoulder the brace incidental to shooting it as a pistol, its a pistol.

it is all about intent. If you put it on your pistol and call it a stock, you just made a SBR. If you are using it as a sig brace, its a sig brace

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    People were running scared when these first came out even after they were proved to be legal. Those same people who wouldn't have bought one anyways are now gonna be running their mouths. Then also now a new batch of people on the verge will be scared and some will even sell theirs. Others will stash them away.
    then the people who won't be intimidate will keep rocking the arm brace on their PISTOLS! There's nothing illegal about having one on your pistol. SO Rock out with your brace out!
    this is why we can't get our rights back because of generations of scared baby gun owners. Grow a pair. In numbers there is victory.

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    The way i see it, A 2x4 is just a piece of lumber, UNTIL you tape it to a Colt .45 1911. THEN when you shoulder fire the weapon, it IS a SBR (the pistol, not the 2x4). The 2x4 was not MANUFACTURED as a stock, however USING it as one would change the classification of YOUR weapon from pistol to short barreled rifle. The 2x4 in an of itself would not be illegal, just how it was USED, would make YOUR pistol an unregistered SBR. If I put a SIG brace on a pistol, I sure as heck would take LOTS of photos of it being used properly as a one handed brace, and NO pictures of it being used as a shoulder stock.

Extending the crazy logic, since SBR laws rules cover constructive possession, co-owning the 2x4 and Colt make you in possession of an SBR. Don't put a 2x4 in your safe. Dare you to find fault with that!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom