• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I am planning on attending the funeral to pay my respects to a hero, US Army Spc. Pinnick, and the fools from the Westboro Cult are planning on attending to picket the funeral in Vincennes. At what point would it be considered "threatening" if I am OCing? They are all lawyers and just look to get a rise out of everyone and find ppl to bring suit against. I can keep my cool pretty well, but I have always wanted to meet these morons and see if I can figure out why they feel a need to picket fallen soldiers' funerals. I myself am baptist and have never been told that soldiers are going to Hell and the bible I have read doesn't say anything of the sort. I don't want to be in a law suit if I don't need to be, but I know enough good lawyers and I know the Constitution pretty well to not be scared of confronting them, just don't want to be brought up on charges for threatening dumbasses. Any input will help, Thanks.

Easy, don't threaten anyone, and you won't "be brought up on charges for threatening"!:dunno:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    How many of their people picket? Surely we can get more people with larger signs to support the troops right there with them. Drown them out.

That's what the Patriot Guard does! They block their signs with American Flags, and drown out their yelling with motorcycle exhaust pipes (think of the loudest Harleys you've heard roaring down the street!) .

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Westboro says they are attending lots of funerals but actually show up to very few of them. When they come to town, it is my unit that is responsible for the crowd control. They did come out for the Superbowl but it was brief and without incident. There is NOTHING you can do/say that will change their minds. If being there counter/protesting makes you feel better, do it. However, do not go there thinking you will do anything to change their minds. The position they take is SO skewed that a counter protest is really unneeded. Like the corner beggers, if you stop giving them attention they would go away.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Question for you, a buddy and I at work have been showing a bit of interest in IPG. He'll probably wait another year or so until retirement before joining, but as I am young and virile.....that'd be a long wait for me.

I noticed that the IPG website this statement in the About Us Section:

Although I accept the strictly legal half of that sentence, how does IPG react to those members with LTCH's and those that WILL defend themselves with lethal force if push came to shove? How do they feel about OC?

PM inbound.

jwhites4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks for all the input guys. I didn't give the entire reasons I was wanting to confront them. From all of the research I have done on their group and Indiana Law in the past, I had found a way to have them arrested in Indiana. It would only be misdemeanors, but to have them put in cuffs and have a good stay in the Knox County jail would be nice. How can they be arrested in Indiana??? Under IC 35-45-1-4 they can be arrested for desecrating a flag. They ALWAYS bring an American Flag and ALWAYS stomp and spit on it. Under IC 35-45-1-3 they can be arrested for disorderly conduct. The way it is written is extremely loose and the Judge in this county would jump all over it. I had copies of both ICs in my pocket, but the bastards never showed.

I guess they heard about the 50+ unsolved homicides in Knox County and knew how crazy people in this part of the country. IDK, just wish I could have met them...

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Lately they (WBB) have not been showing up, they send stuff out acting like they'll be there, but then they no show. The Patriot Guard will shut them down pretty quick, they're (WBB) have not been very effective against them lately. I wouldn't give them a second thought. Unless you really want to get involved....

After you're done with attending the services, just intermingle and make a mockery of them. Hold up a sign reads "I'm with stupid" and arrows pointing all around or something, or "he loves the gays" with an arrow pointing right next to you...

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I am sorry this hero lost his life protecting the rights of such people. I am sorry for his family and friends as well. There is good advise here and hopefully the Patriot Guard and such will run interference for you friend.

ShyKat.22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Vincennes, Indiana
    Thank you for your support of Trevor. It was amazing to see the community line up to show their support for him. I dont know how far they went but i was at the bridge and could see firetrucks, police, emt and citizens waving flags for him.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Don't let the funeral be about them. It's about honoring your friend. Do that, and don't let the eggheads distract you. I OC a lot these days, but not at church, and not at funerals. Not saying you should be like me, just saying do what you would normally do if those idiots were not there. When its over and you have paid your friend the honor with the dignity he deserves, then deal with them.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Hope that the Rolling Thunder, and or the Patriot Guard will be there to help out with the crowd control..

Agree with this.

Also agree about not feeding the animals. They do what they do for attention and publicity...

You won't be able to reason with them and doubt that you will learn anything useful other than reinforcement of the fact that you can't underestimate the power of stupidity when some groups of people get together.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    This is so sad. I was on a funeral detail for SPC Anderson of the 855th QM CO out of South Bend. There were no picketers or protestors there. It sickens me that people will do such a detestable thing. These people are inhuman unmoral beings with no sense of reality.

My condolences to the family, friends, and his unit. God bless.

Top Bottom