• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am tired of this failing every time I try. Anyone else have trouble doing this? I'm Sending from iPhone to Verizon phone. Let the head into wall bashing begin. I feel like homer.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm080jEt2hc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    We ditched AT&T totally last year, and I'm begrudgingly admitting to my wife she was right for going to Verizon. Everytime I talk to my friends on AT&T, we get dropped.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sounds like a Verizon issue, if it's being sent from your end. If it successfully uploads from your phone then it definitely looks like Verizon is blocking it.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    could format or size be part of the problem. Format meaning if you are using something like Instagram or another app that the receiver doesn't have?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sounds like a Verizon issue, if it's being sent from your end. If it successfully uploads from your phone then it definitely looks like Verizon is blocking it.

Not a Verizon issue, it's a AT&T thing.
    My personal phone is a Verizon, my company phone is an AT&T phone, best friend has a Sprint, been more than one occasion that I have tried to send a image to my Verizon phone and my friends Sprint phone only to have it crap out.

I usually end up blue toothing the image to my personal phone and the forwarding it to my buddy.

As a company we have over maybe 400 cell phones and each week more and more employee's are having problems with our ATT&T phones.

I wish they would switch to Verizon to end the headaches.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    The problem with your problem is that you will never know who's at fault. If your AT&T phone can send picture messages to every other carrier except Verizon, I would propose that it's an issue on Verizon's end. The person you sent it to may have a non smart phone and subsequently, their phone isn't equipped to handle the high resolution photo from your iPhone. That leads me to another question, have you upgraded recently? If you went from the iPhone 4 (or older) to an iPhone 4s, you have a much better camera which means your picture files are going to be much larger.

Most carriers put a cap on the size of the file that is able to be sent or received via text messaging. Again, if the person receiving the photo doesn't have a smart phone their restrictions may be greater.

If they have a smart phone, most of this is out of the window. The key here is, do you have any problems with any other carriers? I too tend to be a bit of a conspiracy type and it only makes sense that Verizon would block picture messaging from AT&T subscribers and then blame AT&T just to upset the AT&T user in hopes they get frustrated and switch.

At the end of the day, here is what I would do.

1. Hard reset (you won't loose any information on your phone. It's much like pulling the battery and fixes 90% of the iPhone issues)
    - Press and hold the home button and power button until it powers off and the apple appears.
    - Do not let go until the apple appears. Not even when it says "slide to power off". Keep holding them down.

2. Make sure your OS is up to date.
    - The current OS is 5.1.1
    - If you don't know how to check, send me a message and I will give you the location

3. Ask AT&T to replace your SIM card

If it still isn't working, it is more than likely an issue on Verizon's end.

BTW - Verizon isn't any better or worse than AT&T except when it comes to customer service. Customer service is the exact reason I switched. The customer service rep I spoke with told me I might not be smart enough to operate a Blackberry when I challenged her reason for the data requirement on a smart phone. I'm quite the tech geek and I'm quite familiar. After I cancelled and switched, I sent them a nice little email. I received a call back from their advocacy group. :D

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    humph. My mom can't receive pics and we're on the same carrier and have the same phone. Neither have been configured differently. She has the same set-up I had when we both left the store with it. I feel your pain.

Bugoutbob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    South Bend
    Top Bottom