• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

Astonishing Vietnam War photos reveal the moment U.S. troops unleashed hell on Viet Kong sniper in hills above an Army camp

Read more: Incredible Vietnam War photos show the moment American troops unleash hell on a Viet Kong sniper in the hills above an Army camp | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    \
    article-2345454-1A6A56F5000005DC-897_964x663.jpg

More at the link.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Good pictures. He did a great job of steadying the camera and the exposures were done very well. Night photos with our old 35mm's were a trial. He did a great job.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I can remember watching "Puff, The Magic Dragon" opening up at night on an enemy position several miles from our base camp. Charlie didn't care very much for Puff. Great pictures from Nam!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Very cool photos. Vietnam history always has interested me. Not only the actual war in Vietnam but the different events that happened here around the same time.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Did someone say that the British used half assed warfare in the American Revolution? Really, I forgot about the british burning loads of crap and forcing the people to fight...

The Brit's teach that they lost because all of their soldiers were sick. So I guess it would be fitting for them to twist the tales...

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The Comments were enlightening. A lot of sheeple over there too. Kinda forgot about bailing their ass out 70 years ago.

Man, has it been that long?

Good pictures. He did a great job of steadying the camera and the exposures were done very well. Night photos with our old 35mm's were a trial. He did a great job.

Um, Murphey..... 1970 was only 43 years ago! I know there was a lot of good drugs back then, but sheesh!:D

Mrjarrell, the photographer would have had his camera either on a tripod or set stationary on rocks or something and used a very long exposure. Probably 30-60 seconds at a time. Same way you can capture many different lightning strikes in one photo.

LonSch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Valparaiso
    Um, Murphey..... 1970 was only 43 years ago! I know there was a lot of good drugs back then, but sheesh!:D

Mrjarrell, the photographer would have had his camera either on a tripod or set stationary on rocks or something and used a very long exposure. Probably 30-60 seconds at a time. Same way you can capture many different lightning strikes in one photo.

I think he is talking about England during WW2

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    The Comments were enlightening. A lot of sheeple over there too. Kinda forgot about bailing their ass out 70 years ago.

Man, has it been that long?

Depending on when you were 'In Country', you may want to check your math. I was there early on 1962---51 years ago this Summer.:patriot:

The troops there 70 years ago were mainly Japanese !! :ar15:

Top Bottom