• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
    Folding or telescoping stock
    -Pistol grip
    -Bayonet mount
    -Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
    -Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device that enables launching or firing rifle grenades, though this applies only to muzzle mounted grenade launchers and not those mounted externally).​

These are pretty ridiculous IMO, but whatever... anyway...

Take an AR-10 for instance... Couldn't a manufacturer simply alter the current design to remove some of these features?

Put on a Fixed stock, unthreaded barrel and a fixed rail with no railing on the bottom (to prevent the addition of a pistol grip or grenade launcher)

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Precisely what Armalite (and countless other manufacturers, I'd assume) did with my National Match rifle manufactured during the ban years. No threading, no flash suppressor, fixed A2 stock. The '94 AWB was a joke, but a distinctly unfunny one.

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    Sure, and that's what happened before. Thus the designation of "Pre-Ban" when people advertise different firearms..

Lived through the first ban. There was a good run up, so everything was available. The prices just went up.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Precisely what Armalite (and countless other manufacturers, I'd assume) did with my National Match rifle manufactured during the ban years. No threading, no flash suppressor, fixed A2 stock. The '94 AWB was a joke, but a distinctly unfunny one.

Exactly, but don't forget those stupid thumbhole stocks! (for the OP's benefit, this was a method of keeping weapons in a functional configuration while not having a pistol grip as defined by the law)

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Lived through the first ban. There was a good run up, so everything was available. The prices just went up.

If they are able to close the "gunshow loophole" this won't be the case. Suppressing private transactions is a tall order.

MP43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Rochester
    New laws for the lawbreakers. Just comes to show the intellegent polititions we have. Oh i forgot they went to college and got a degree. They know everything!!!! LOL

SecondAmendment

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    The criteria for the new ban will not be the same as the old ban. Feinstein said there is only one criterion in the new ban. My suspicion is that criterion will be the ability to accept a high capacity magazine. The bill also bans over 100 firearms by name.

Feinstein also said the TRANSFER of said firearms will be prohibited. So, if you can't sell your guns, what is their value? (other than the value of defending yourself with them.)

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    I am betting that they will have to seriously water down her version for it to have any chance at all in the House. The Democrats only have 200 or so votes in the House and that's IF all of them stick together on Feinstein's original draft, a big if. A lot of compromises will need to be made for them to get to 218 votes. I just can't see them getting 18 or more Republican votes without cutting some deals on a bill and watering it down.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom