• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LastShot123

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 31, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Should waited a couple weeks and had a chance at my tax stamp $$ being returned!
    Either way, should happened a long time ago, glad to see its being brought up. Thanks for sharing

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I hate to be a debbie downer but with Suppressors being legal in most states people are buying them up. $200 per going to Uncle Sam, for nothing really, I would be surprised but welcome it with open arms should we get it. In other news CA is trying to pass a bill that would require an instant background check for buying a box of ammo!! ( at least thats what I read on the net )

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This is a bill I could get behind. I would love to buy a couple but just hate thinking about the whole NFA process.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Removes the tax but requires a NICS check...better.

I wonder if that means you could build your own at home?

Wouldn't see why not. You can build one now, you just need to do a Form 1. Remove the Form 1, and you can still build it.

I would think it to be the same as building a firearm.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Even if this does pass Congress, and that seems unlikely considering the spineless "leadership" there, do you really think Obama would do anything but VETO this? We all know that suppressors are EVIL and have no legitimate use for anything but criminal purposes.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    You already have to do a NICS check on a Form 4 transferred suppressor. I'd be building a can for every gun if this passes. You know Obummer won't sign it though.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    You already have to do a NICS check on a Form 4 transferred suppressor. I'd be building a can for every gun if this passes. You know Obummer won't sign it though.

If the person filed as an individual, they have to fill out a 4473 but they don't have to call it in. Doing one just shows that that item was released to this person, on this date.

If filed as a trust then the 4473 has to be called in to make sure the person who is picking up the item is allowed to own a firearm.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Inter web says in 2014 almost half a million suppressors were sold somewhere around 493000 so that times 200 is around 98 million dollars. I highly doubt any branch of our government is willing to pass a bill that gives that money back to the people. Just my 2 cents.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I would love this to happen. Starting to chip away at the NFA is the path toward killing the Hughes Amendment and get us new machine guns.

Sadly, I'm not sure the current President would sign this bill and the Republicans seem dead set on doing everything they can to lose the race, so I doubt the next President will be any better.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Inter web says in 2014 almost half a million suppressors were sold somewhere around 493000 so that times 200 is around 98 million dollars. I highly doubt any branch of our government is willing to pass a bill that gives that money back to the people. Just my 2 cents.

Not that the .gov cares, but I wonder how much it costs to run the NFA/NICS section and how much they might save by doing away with parts of it. $98,000,000.00 seems like a lot of money, but by the time it is divvied up to where it needs to go, who knows how much is left.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Even if they kept the tax, government loves our money, but just make it like any gun a NCIS check and walk away. And the stupidity of the SBR laws I don't get I can buy a snub nose same day walk out but have to pay a tax and wait for less the 16inch rifle come on!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom