• ...and so much more!
  • Mustang380gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Ohio's Amish Country
    The article gets a few things wrong:
    One clear change over the past decade has been a reduction in Ohio restrictions involving concealed handguns. They earlier couldn’t be carried in cars, purses and bags. License renewals were required every four years along with a second competency test. Concealed carry guns weren’t allowed in bars or public parking lots, and local governments could implement their own, more restrictive licensing rules.

We could always carry in cars with a license. It just had to be uncovered in a holster ( the Buckeye Tuck) or locked in a purse or other container. There was never any prohibition against public parking lots that I remember. I parked in a few in Cleveland early on. There was no secondary competency test.* Local governments could not make more restrictive licensing rules, but could add extra carrying rules, or restrictions on firearms owned.

I've had my license since the second day we could apply. Vast improvements have been made. Hopefully more are in the works.

There have been several interesting conversations at my work about people being licensed. I know of at least 3 other nurses who have them, an aid, and more are thinking about it. Women carrying is getting more and more common. Would that it become the norm.

*There was supposed to be one for the second renewal, but that provision was eliminated before we had to worry about that.

Last edited:

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gun free zones are easy. You want a gun free zone? Then you're 100% responsible and liable for the people in that zone. Pass that and there's no more nonsense about it. No fuzzy lines, no here but not there, no think of the children, no scared feelings. Only places with real security would then want a GFZ and after the first lawsuit a token security guy with a uniform wouldn't be acceptable anymore.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Gun free zones are easy. You want a gun free zone? Then you're 100% responsible and liable for the people in that zone. Pass that and there's no more nonsense about it. No fuzzy lines, no here but not there, no think of the children, no scared feelings. Only places with real security would then want a GFZ and after the first lawsuit a token security guy with a uniform wouldn't be acceptable anymore.

I like it! :+1:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The article gets a few things wrong:

We could always carry in cars with a license. It just had to be uncovered in a holster ( the Buckeye Tuck) or locked in a purse or other container..

That's why they specified "concealed handguns." If they're uncovered, they're not concealed. Of course, then they went and defined open carry in a car as "concealed" so I don't know what they're doing over there anymore.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    "...while those opposing concealed carry say reduced restrictions encroach on the freedoms of Ohioans who don’t carry hidden guns."

Huh? :rolleyes:

I'm hearing this a lot lately from the anti crowd.
    Apparently they think that all gun owners have the potential to go on a shooting spree. Having less restrictions on where we can carry violates the sheeps "RIGHT" to be/feel safe.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Top Bottom