• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Good article, and glad to see you included taking care of the pets. Dogs can help warn of danger, and lend a certain amount to keeping morale up.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    That is a good, basic get started manual. Touched on some of the finer points. Good show. I think I will send the link to a couple of on-the edge people to see if that helps them realize that prepping isn't just about the end of the world.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Well thought out, well written. I would have been proud to write such an article. However, a couple of comments:
    - the third photo of "This person’s preparations include a year’s worth of dehydrated food and MREs for a family of six" looked pretty puny to me, I don't buy that is enough grub for six man-years.
    - the fourth photo also shows a meager collection of food, I'd estimate two weeks worth, and the caption does support this: "family of four could survive a short duration disaster."
    -
    the first and fifth photos (which are the same) of food storage, now that is what a real prepper could be proud of.
    - the second photo of tactical weapons, without a caption, seems out of place. The sixth photo of the more basic weapons seems to fit the article better, although the need for and suggestion of using firearms is not mentioned in the text, just in the caption.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    ar15_dude. Yeah, the pics did not match the captions 100%. Once the material left my hands it was out of my control. The uncaptioned pic of the huge stores of dehydrated food? That was supposed to be with the caption for 6 people.

The one they showed with that caption (MREs and some mtn house and jugs etc), is actually part of my preps and it is only one shelf worth of stuff. It is the middle layer of my deep pantry.

The forth photo, meager food, disaster cainet. Thats a one size does it all set up. It has the basics collected in one spot. It is just a suggestion to get people moving. It woud be great for a week long disaster.

The first and fifth pics. That is only one pic of that persons preps. You have no idea. It is truely impressive.

The tactical weapons. That is actually a pic used in the print version, as the 2 page background spread. I had a caption. The text of the article touches briefly on the use of guns to defend you and your property. But the article appeared in a gun magazine, so I did not want to discuss that too much. They already get that. Thats also why I put in the pic of the simple weapons. I did not want the reader to think he needed an AR15, HKUSP.45, SOE chest rig, body armor and PVS7bs to ward off looters.

Thanks for the feed back.

If you go out and get the special edition from FMG publishing, it is all on survival and I have another article in that one about wilderness survival.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    A well balanced and well written article. I'll have to pick up the special edition.

As for the no zombie approach....

Saw this yesterday:
    KSG_zombies_1576web.jpg

Top Bottom