• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Now that the Community Organizer-in-Chief will hit the legislative wall with his latest craven effort to capitalize upon tragedy, don't be surprised in the slightest to see "gun owners" writing (*nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*) similar articles, all in an orchestrated effort to apply pressure to Congress to "do the right thing."
    Saul Alinsky tactics at their most cowardly and plastic.
    Anyone wondering about the origin of the political term "astroturf" needs look no further than this.

You're getting very close I think, Pink. It's interesting to me to read between the lines on people. Especially ones who list their occupation as "Community Organizer:"

"...If I hate the NRA so much, why did I buy a gun at 37? As a meat eater with no particular desire to become a vegetarian, I wanted to confront the fact of killing animals for food. Once I took up hunting, I discovered that I relished the time I spent off the grid..."

Ok. He purchased his (presumably first) gun at age 37. For some reason, I have a hunch that his urban-yuppie midlife infatuation with hunting will be short-lived, and he will soon be back to bird-watching. Why do I think so?

Well, call me a "profiler," but there's this:

"...In the mid-1990s, I went to New Orleans for the wedding celebration of a charismatic young couple committed to filmmaking and music, community health care, veganism and spreading joy everywhere they went...."

Gun ownership is a "fad" this guy is going through. Some people ride their bikes to work. He will spend a couple contemplative years wandering the woods with his Remington. He may even look for mushrooms behind the range at Eagle Creek. And then, the day will come when some "unspeakable tragedy" of firearms violence will convince him to turn his hunting gun into the local Buy-Back Program (after all, he's a Community Organizer, right?). And he'll get an article out of _that_, too. Wait for it.

These people occasionally wander in and out of our section of the world. Every day someone takes up the sport of Golf. Every day, there are clubs for sale on Craigslist. This, is that. He's not really one of us. He's a tourist. His travels here will earn him the lifetime credential of being able to call himself a "Hunter." ( A fact which will add 10 "Cred" points to every freelance article he will ever write on the subject of gun control).

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    90% of gunowners want broader background checks!? We should test that with an INGO poll. Surely we have a lot of gunowners to draw from hyar.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Hey Kirk, don't forget the guy that shot up the Navy Buildings in Alexandria used a shotgun just like his, bought it at a store with a background check and had clearance to get into the facility.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    yesterday I was thinking about getting an ar-15, and all of a sudden I got a call from the NRA encouraging me to go ahead with the purchase and to send them money also. I guess they have mind-reading technology that made it through my tinfoil

Droogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2015
    Zionsville
    gun ownership should be a privilege earned after thorough examination and training, like driving a car.
    If this were not a slippery slope, I would actually support it. It bothers me to see people at the range who obviously have no training.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    A privilege earned like driving a car?????

Really? Has he not been on the roads?
    They give those things away.

IKR?!?!

We have government mandated licensing of anyone who drives a car. We have registration of every vehicle on the road. In some places we have annual inspection of vehicles. Yet look at the slaughter on the roadways. And have you seen the way people drive? Just think, the government certified those people as qualified to safely navigate our system of roads and operate vehicles weighing many tons. I'm sorry, but I don't find registration, inspection and licensing to be effective methods of saving lives from people operating potentially lethal equipment.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    yesterday I was thinking about getting an ar-15, and all of a sudden I got a call from the NRA encouraging me to go ahead with the purchase and to send them money also. I guess they have mind-reading technology that made it through my tinfoil

Nah...the NSA is selling their data now. See...it really was an innocuous program. It's just a massive marketing database to serve you better.

Top Bottom