• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    At times I was like "I agree with this guy" about hunting, etc., but other times I had a big "WTF" expression on my face. Get ready for more very public articles like this from "responsible" gun owners.

Just like much of the marriage equality discussion was focused on making Christians (and other people of faith) feel bad for disagreeing with that lifestyle, the future of gun control will be focused on making gun owners feel guilty about owning guns.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    "...thanks to 27 anachronistic words of a constitution ratified in an 18th-century world of slow-loading muskets."

And there's the obligatory "Constitution is outdated" wording all anti-gunners seem to love.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    "...thanks to 27 anachronistic words of a constitution ratified in an 18th-century world of slow-loading muskets."

And there's the obligatory "Constitution is outdated" wording all anti-gunners seem to love.

Yep. I wonder if the "no quartering of troops" is outdated. Or maybe "no unreasonable searches and seizures." Or maybe this guy wants to remove that arcane "freedom of the press" from this obviously out of touch document. I'm guessing he doesn't. And I'm also guessing he doesn't know those rights are protected by the one right he does think is outdated.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    What struck me about this article was that the author seemed to use facts to validate his "feelings" that handguns are somehow more abhorrent than hunting rifles. He apparently couldn't make the intellectual "leap" from understanding that if a handgun can be used as a tool to murder someone, it can ALSO be used as a tool to prevent one from being murdered. It's a shame, but on the other hand, if he'd made that connection, his article never would have made it to the Post.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Some time after I bought my first gun, I got a robocall from the National Rifle Association, asking me to join. After the customary “Please stay on the line…” from a pleasant but earnest voice, I recoiled from the barkings of an angry-sounding man.

The NRA calls people now? How did they know you bought a gun?

You know, as an NRA Life Member since 1986 (a birthday gift as a teen), a frickin' Benefactor member and GE member to boot, the NRA has never called me. Wayne has never called to get my opinion or to listen to my keen observations on legislation or politics. Not a single call.

So Fuddy McFuddy gets a call after he buys an 870 from Wal-Mart? Ok, don't believe his first lie but let's continue.

But by filtering out at least some people who are poor candidates for responsible ownership, gun control will reduce the steady bloodletting of everyday life in our cities, a pervasive environment of danger that police departments around the country have decried, calling for greater handgun controls.

Really? How so? Gabby Giffords shooter passed a background check. How did that work out for her?

The Virginia Tech shooter passed multiple background checks. The Charleston Church shooter did too. How did those work out, Elmer?

The NRA claims to have five million dues-paying members (though there’s some reason to believe this figure is inflated). That sounds formidable, until one considers that there are approximately 50 million adults who own firearms.

Yet we must do exactly what NARAL or NOW wants or there will be hell to pay.

My guns are long guns, intended for hunting and skeet shooting. Relatively few crimes are committed with hunting weapons, which are designed to shoot animals, not humans.

My guns are moral, unlike those other guns.

But as crucial as this distinction between hunting guns and handguns is, that fact that I am among America’s gun owners puts my conscience to the test, particularly when horrific, random and widely reported violence tears at the fabric of my own community, and my own social network.

Pop quiz, Elmer: which type of gun has received explicit Constitutional protections?

That would be handguns, not your 870.

Last Feb. 10 in Chapel Hill, N.C., 15 miles from my home in Durham, three young Americans of Middle Eastern descent were murdered by a home invader.

And so? So, maybe the state should prosecute him?

Murderers do not define my civil rights. If some murder others, then you should prosecute the murders and leave civil rights alone.

Handgun apologists see nothing wrong with this killer possessing both a gun and a carry permit, because he had no prior record.

Yes, let's leave the innocent alone. So now Elmer is a precog like Minority Report? He can see the future?

One morning in 2007, as she let the cat out before daybreak, the bride, Helen Hill, faced the scenario that gun nuts dream about. As she stepped outside early one morning, she came face-to-face with an intruder. She had time only to scream a warning to her husband and child. Then she was dead.

I would up my SA and especially not live in a frickin' Democrat hellhole like New Orleans, but that's her choice.

Again, and so? Prosecute the murderer, leave the innocent people in Louisiana alone.

But by filtering out at least some people who are poor candidates for responsible ownership, gun control will reduce the steady bloodletting of everyday life in our cities, a pervasive environment of danger that police departments around the country have decried, calling for greater handgun controls.

Your "bloodletting" transpires where gun control is strong. Chicago, New York City, D.C., that's your doing, Elmer.

Background checks, the new panacea, are only prior restraints, something the Left used to be against.

Rather than being our American birthright, gun ownership should be a privilege earned after thorough examination and training, like driving a car.

Like buying a book. Like going to mosque. Like other privileges.

Although there are believed to be about 300 million guns in the United States, they seem to be concentrated in fewer, undoubtedly more fervent hands: aging hands, perhaps. Millennials and guns? Not so much.

Um, yeah, do you see how guns are marketed now with all that Captain Tactical crap by tatted up dudebros with facial hair? That's not marketed to clean skinned, well-shaven oldsters like me, Elmer.

See all those carry licenses? It's not fewer, dummy.

By offering perhaps premature forgiveness to the young man who killed their loved ones with a legally purchased Glock semiautomatic, they have shown us the possibility of living a more open, less timid existence. They imagine a world of joy, community and shelter, not fear, hatred and violence.

1. Roof had a pending dope case. He did not buy the Glock legally. Maybe we would believe that you actually bought a gun if you could get the 4473 correct.

2. My gun culture is a world of joy, community and shelter. Maybe he should join it?

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    If he is that torn about gun ownership, I will be glad to accept any and all of his firearms so he can exist in his community in a more peaceful frame of mind.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Meh, it's the post. Some aggressive digging might find that the whole story including the author are a fabrication of some freelance "journalist". Allowing of course some fig leaf to cover the paper in case they get caught..."You don't print the truth, you print what you hear or what you think you hear".

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The NRA calls people now? How did they know you bought a gun?

You know, as an NRA Life Member since 1986 (a birthday gift as a teen), a frickin' Benefactor member and GE member to boot, the NRA has never called me. Wayne has never called to get my opinion or to listen to my keen observations on legislation or politics. Not a single call.

So Fuddy McFuddy gets a call after he buys an 870 from Wal-Mart? Ok, don't believe his first lie but let's continue.

I don't believe it for a second. It's much like this gem that was posted on Huff Post the other day about some guy jogging and just happened to notice his neighbor flying a confederate flag that became the impetus for his long treatise on racism etc.

Yes, You're a Racist -- And a Traitor | John E. Price

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A freelance writer AND community organizer? I'm real impressed. Is that Washington-speak for can't hold a job?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't believe it for a second. It's much like this gem that was posted on Huff Post the other day about some guy jogging and just happened to notice his neighbor flying a confederate flag that became the impetus for his long treatise on racism etc.

Yes, You're a Racist -- And a Traitor*|*John E. Price

Oh, I thought you meant the part about Kirk being a teen in 1986. [STRIKE]1986[/STRIKE] 1886

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Now that the Community Organizer-in-Chief will hit the legislative wall with his latest craven effort to capitalize upon tragedy, don't be surprised in the slightest to see "gun owners" writing (*nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*) similar articles, all in an orchestrated effort to apply pressure to Congress to "do the right thing."
    Saul Alinsky tactics at their most cowardly and plastic.
    Anyone wondering about the origin of the political term "astroturf" needs look no further than this.

Top Bottom