• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I think the airlines need to ban together, and get the government out of our airports and let private security companies run the airport.

Why would they? Then they'd have to pay for it and answer for it. This way they get their cake (free security) and eat it too (don't call us, call TSA).

They got their deal and are loving it.

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    I love hanging out at airports, and will take almost any opportunity to be on, in, or near an airplane that is presented to me. That being said, I have almost given up on spotting near airports due to the constant hassles from security, and I rarely fly around on daytrips anymore. TSA makes an otherwise enjoyable experience a nightmarem so I avoid it.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    A friend recently had a GPS unit stolen from checked luggage. Airline claims they are not responsible since TSA searches the luggage and TSA can't be held responsible. Who knows who stole it. He filed a police report but as far as I know he hasn't heart anything back. Isn't their video surveillance but I guess rewatching the tapes is too much effort. I know TSA is a necessary evil but some of their employees are overstepping their bounds way to often.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I love hanging out at airports, and will take almost any opportunity to be on, in, or near an airplane that is presented to me. That being said, I have almost given up on spotting near airports due to the constant hassles from security, and I rarely fly around on daytrips anymore. TSA makes an otherwise enjoyable experience a nightmarem so I avoid it.

That's why it's not a good deal for airlines. TSA has hit their business hard by discouraging flying.

I know TSA is a necessary evil...

No, it's not.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I was flying back from a Military course on a civilian flight. When I got to Indy at the baggage claim I discovered my duffel had been cut open. I was missing my Harris vest, knife, 7 rifle mags, 5 pistol mags, and 2 sets of uniforms. When I brought it up to attention of the TSA I was asked how do I know this did not happen at the previous Airport. I filed a report with the Police. That is pretty much were it stopped also...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Flying thru the city of brotherly love a couple of years ago returning from Cancun a TSA gorilla started hassling me over my camera bag. Short story, I wasn't too cooperative so his "superior" came over and told me that they could make me miss my flight if I didn't start cooperating. My response was "so what, I've been in cancun for 10 days and your telling me that you're going to make me miss my flight and not be able to go to work tomorrow?":rockwoot: Not a problem I was wanting to go into town and get a "REAL" Philly cheesesteak anyway!!! They let me pass with no further hassles:laugh:

Top Bottom