• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Sounds like "My Cousin Vinny". In reality, criminals are getting off because of overcrowded jail and justice systems. A lot of small time criminals don't even get held in jail. The chances of getting caught in the first place are on the side of the criminal.
    I'm sick to death of hearing about our "overcrowded jails". POS criminals are guaranteed more space and amenities than the folks who volunteer for the US Navy. Let me know when the scum of society is "hot-racking" like some of the servicemen on our subs, and I'll still think it's far better than they deserve. Tell me about overcrowding when the creeps are stacked in their cells like cordwood.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I'm sick to death of hearing about our "overcrowded jails". POS criminals are guaranteed more space and amenities than the folks who volunteer for the US Navy. Let me know when the scum of society is "hot-racking" like some of the servicemen on our subs, and I'll still think it's far better than they deserve. Tell me about overcrowding when the creeps are stacked in their cells like cordwood.
    AMEN, to this, I think, in the BEQ rooms, back in 1979, we were "allowed", 90-100 sq feet, and there, is no way, that you get that much room, in a sub ..... thanks for your service ..... :yesway:

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    thanks for your service ..... :yesway:
    I didn't serve in the Navy (USAF instead), but had a couple friends that served on subs. I think it's just bull$#!t that a US Navy serviceman gets about 15 sq. ft. of personal space (and sometimes sharing it) for months at a time, while criminals file lawsuits (paid for by John Q. Taxpayer) when their cable TV goes out.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Sounds like "My Cousin Vinny". In reality, criminals are getting off because of overcrowded jail and justice systems. A lot of small time criminals don't even get held in jail. The chances of getting caught in the first place are on the side of the criminal.

The people with longer sentences are the ones who benifit from the overcrowding and such and get out after 20-25% time served. I knew one guy in nccf that was in for knocking up his 17yo gf of 3 years.....he had just turned 18 and got 2 years for sexual misconduct with a minor.

A friend of mine spent 2.5 years in a minimum security for misdemeanor probation........for being stabbed in his own home during a domestic......never laid a hand on his ex gf. LoL

Having worked in corrections, the system is a joke. Kentucky's system is the only one that made sense to me, they work to cover their expenses inside, and the rest of their money earned goes towards restitution/child support then the rest gets put in an account for when they get out. Kentuckys system is essentially for profit.

The only offenders that work in IDOC are ones who want to, need money, or want to steal ****......kinda pathetic

Top Bottom